Shutdown notice? lol

AwKwarrd

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda your responsibility to be aware of maintenance approaching.

Do you even understand how inconsistent these maintenances have been. Sometimes they have been on Wednesday. Sometimes they are an hour or two late. The warning should be what we look for. But even that is jacked up now it seems.

I was trying to hit battlemaster before maintenance, if I couldnt I was going to turn in my daily for a champion bag, I did not get that chance because I was not warned. Its not a huge deal, but I just wasted a daily.

Do you even understand how inconsistent these maintenances have been. Sometimes they have been on Wednesday. Sometimes they are an hour or two late. The warning should be what we look for. But even that is jacked up now it seems.

Hey. Guy.

Read the front page of the forums that you are on right now.

The warning has been up for like a week.

Ok so its not just me? thankgod...

thought i was broke..

but then i realised its bioware :p

so everyone else got the strange "5,4,3,2,1 BYE!" shutdown?

well everyone except this person.. who obviously has sand somewhere..

Same happened to me. Was thinking maybe they canceled the maint for tonight then BOOM server down.

They never going to cancel the maintenance 6-8 hours time ! Why ?! How would they implement more bugs in to the game otherwise ?! Think for a second !!! Unless its done weekly - its impossible to archive !

Hey. Guy.

Read the front page of the forums that you are on right now.

The warning has been up for like a week.

I'm not sure you got my point. Those notices are up every single week. And sometimes they aren't accurate. I said earlier it wasn't a big deal. I now know not to trust the server announcements for shutdowns.

Defend all you want. Personally I would hope the shutdown notices would be accurate. And they aren't.

I have been playing now for almost 2 months and expect for 1 night when they cancelled maint. The times for it have been right on, so dont get bent because you didnt notice the time.

I'm not sure you got my point. Those notices are up every single week. And sometimes they aren't accurate. I said earlier it wasn't a big deal. I now know not to trust the server announcements for shutdowns.

Defend all you want. Personally I would hope the shutdown notices would be accurate. And they aren't.

Hey. Guy.

The announcement said it was the 28th.

Tell me, dearie, what is the date?

Oh, that's right. The 28th.

You're right there, sonny. They're way off course.

I had my "hearth" ready just incase, but even though it has been up for a week or so, they have in the past changed the times, or extended the times on when the servers were going to be going down, plus it is not on one consitstant day,

Yeah, I definitely filed this one under "Thanks for the warning". :p

And to all the Captain Obvious™ wannabes out there, yes, thanks for pointing out the patch notice. Derp. Anyone with half a clue knows they've missed/postponed close to half their patches since launch, so I'm pretty sure most people figured it was just late again when there was no shutdown spam.

Thankfully, Bioware has been really really good about finishing maintenance on schedule, compared to some other MMOs (especially shortly after launch). So mad props on that at least. ;)