Favorite live chat agent quotes!

bigheadbrandon

As someone that had worked a live agent client: Understand, a live agent can't sit back and give you the REAL reason why something is bugged, broken or not fixed yet. They get a choice of a few canned responses and that's about it. Nothing they can do about that in terms of "just being honest" because that's not company policy. All I can say is vote with your wallet and don't be a rude jerk to the messenger.

As someone that had worked a live agent client: Understand, a live agent can't sit back and give you the REAL reason why something is bugged, broken or not fixed yet. They get a choice of a few canned responses and that's about it. Nothing they can do about that in terms of "just being honest" because that's not company policy. All I can say is vote with your wallet and don't be a rude jerk to the messenger.

I'm sorry but there is a difference between giving "canned" responses and seemingly ignoring the conversation completely and giving random answers. I can see why they are named as droids.

I agree you cant really blame the Live Chat staff directly. They are using the tools avaialble to them. Seems the communication and updates are not only limited to customers but also customer service staff (if thats really a correct title).

This is a company issue, showing the lack of concern or care for what they want to advise out on their products. The communication level even on pretty standard questions is very poor but I would suggest its a lack of training. Really seeing the responses I can only assume this is automated and has no human input at all.

My favorite line is "Its been forwarded to the relevant group" for the many bug reports I have reported.

No clarity on if its a known issue, when it may be fixed, no recourse for customer just simply closed request...

I'm sorry but there is a difference between giving "canned" responses and seemingly ignoring the conversation completely and giving random answers. I can see why they are named as droids.

Lack of communication between chat agents. Lack of management overhead to make sure known issues/problems are all dealt with the same. Agent burnout where they all don't give a damn.

I've seen all of them. It happens. The key is to realize Live Chat is a waste of time.