Theorycrafting: High Energy Cell Terminator build

JoyProtocol

I spent a long time staring at the High Energy Cell. And suddenly, it gave me an idea. I can't test it for a lack of level 50 vanguard, but I thought I'd throw it here.

High Energy Cell provides 8% elemental and internal damage boost (talented). What if we combine that with the incendiary round from Assault, and further boost the HIB? This is based off the Carolina Parakeet build, but it throws the ion cell out the window for more damage.

Here's what I have in mind:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZMsMMRrskZbIbbdh.1

Edited by JoyProtocol

I spent a long time staring at the High Energy Cell. And suddenly, it gave me an idea. I can't test it for a lack of level 50 vanguard, but I thought I'd throw it here.

High Energy Cell provides 8% elemental and internal damage boost (talented). What if we combine that with the incendiary round from Assault, and further boost the HIB?

Here's what I have in mind:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZMsMMRrskZbIbbdh.1

Broken build. Doesn't work. You gave up 15% damage to your main spam attack HIB and 30% crit damage bonus. The 25% chance to always crit is not worth this damage you give up since you should already have a 40% crit or higher with your HIB. HIB is not elemental or internal damage so it gets none of that 8% you speak of and gut is CRAP for damage compared to the slow/snare and more damage you give up from plasma cell.

Combat tactics is a horrible talent for ANY build with the 2 attacks that are meant to proc it. one is a 9sec cd and one can be spamed but is a bad idea because the internal damage is the best part of its damage so it should be allowed its full 15sec duration. It's is not proc'd every HIB unless you spam GUT and that's a BAD move.

End result is fail. sorry been tested.

Broken build. Doesn't work. You gave up 15% damage to your main spam attack HIB and 30% crit damage bonus. The 25% chance to always crit is not worth this damage you give up since you should already have a 40% crit or higher with your HIB. HIB is not elemental or internal damage so it gets none of that 8% you speak of and gut is CRAP for damage compared to the slow/snare and more damage you give up from plasma cell.

Combat tactics is a horrible talent for ANY build with the 2 attacks that are meant to proc it. one is a 9sec cd and one can be spamed but is a bad idea because the internal damage is the best part of its damage so it should be allowed its full 15sec duration. It's is not proc'd every HIB unless you spam GUT and that's a BAD move.

End result is fail. sorry been tested.

That's a shame, it looks like it could be a cool damage-only build.

Oozo uses that build with plasma cell to great effect.

I would disagree that its a broken build altho he should move the point from HTL to pulse generator.

You have 4/8 potential attacks that are ele/int. And tbh ER is one if the 8 so its really 4/7. Ion pulse and pulse cannon are the real bread and butter of that spec and they both have major damage increases. I rather like the spec.

To the OP: major props on the name. I posted this spec like a week or two after launch but never thought of a cool name. Terminator Spec. Lovin it.

I should note though that tactics still needs work as a spec. This variation may (probably is) be inferior to assault. I wouldn't use this spec for pvp either. Only for pve

Edited by grandmasterub

Oozo uses that build with plasma cell to great effect.

Ion pulse and pulse cannon are the real bread and butter of that spec and they both have major damage increases.

So you use the plasma cell and now miss out on ammo regeneration from cell generator, and the 8% elemental and internal damage he was going for.

If you think this spec has Ion pulse and pulse cannon as it's best attack then you are failing your damage big time unless you go with this spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsMrRrfkzsZb.1

NOW you can say they are your bread and butter because you don't give up 9% aim 30% crit damage and 6% fire damage and 8% elemental internal since you want to use plasma cell... Broken specs are broken and EVERY spec will work in PvE even 0/0/0. It just won't be the most efficient. His/your spec makes many things very mediocre instead of a few things powerful.

Edited by Bamfed

Please reread my post. OOZO (ie raggok on forums) uses a similar build and runs plasma. He doesn't take the HEC talents.

I run the spec mentioned above with 2 points in pulse gen (no HTL) and high energy cell for pvp only.

I guess bread and butter its the wrong term but your general rotation is.

IR

Gut

HiB

Ion Pulse until free SS or HiB

SS/HiB

Pulse Cannon at 5 stacks

Reapply dots as necessary.

So ion pulse is the "bread and butter" because you spam it for procs. And since you have ammo regen and free HiB/SS you can endlessly spam. Hammershot is a rarity.

This looks like a better AE build than 31 Assault, but appears to lack in that ever-important "could someone tell what just hit me for half my life!?" department.

Ya, like I mentioned I wouldn't use it for pvp. Pure assault, tactics, or iron fist work better there imo. For pve though I like this setup.