Cheating: It's effect and when it will end

OpenSorce

The biggest problem is, that it only takes a small minority using these, to ruin the whole experience.

We have an active Hacking guild on our server. The entire guild as well as specific members in the guild have been reported many times. (i know of over 30 reports of one individual that i've seen every night for the last week that uses the most blantent hacks you can possibly imagine.)

yet nothing is done. You get the stock, thanks for your report, we'll investigate.

but he's still there, day after day. If he's in the warzone, forget it, chaulk up a loss.

You can go to the guilds website, in their forums they talk about, go here, download this hack, go here, download this hack, blah blah blah.... Its mandatory to run the hacks to even be in the guild.

The group I play with are pretty well equiped. We are pretty well coordinated. As a premade, we can usually win most warzones we go into, unless the people are hacking.

It took me 4 days to complete my 3 warzone wins for my daily. Thats constant que'ing over a 3-4 hour period in the evening every night.

Every one of those many loses, is due to being in those warzones, where there are people from that hacking guild involved. Everyone in the warzone reports them, but nothing is done. thats why its so frustrating.

I know on other servers, bans happen regularly. But on ours "Terentatek" it doesn't appear anything is happening.

Last night, that hacking guild wasn't very active for a change, and it was so nice, to actually have some really good games, i only got into two warzones that had that guild in it, and the rest were a lot of fun.

Its just not fun when you go to void star, and they have the door armed before we can jump down and get to the door from our starter point to defend.

You go to the next door, and beat on the person while they arm the next door, but it doesnt interupt them, they just keep right on arming through all your attacks. AOE's, direct attacks, nope no effect.

Same with alderaan.

Its sad, when I started out hating huttball, but over the last few days, I prey for huttball, because its the only wz we could do, that we even had a chance. We could out tactic the team even with the hacks, and sometimes squeak out the win.

I always think its funny too, when after the end of the wz, you look at the stats, and they show the other team healed for a grand total of like 18k healing... TOTAL. yet they suffered 1 combined death... TOTAL during the match.

gee... thats not suspicious. REPORT... thanks for the report... still waiting for something to happen.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seen- God mode or Neer unlimited immortal stats, and winning the game (voidstar) within 20 seconds by downloadeing the datacore - when its their turn to defend:eek:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from one or two games where thier so in sync, (i belive they are useing some Teamspeak or voice chat options - as as soon as you jump one persion 2-4 other come to thier rescue way Too fast for typeing)

Edit, Teamspeak or Voice chat is not cheeting)

Edited by Lasarith

Apart from one or two games where thier so in sync, (i belive they are useing some Teamspeak or voice chat options - as as soon as you jump one persion 2-4 other come to thier rescue way Too fast for typeing)

Well I don't think that is considered hacking.

I have heard of these hacks .. But I don't pvp so I have never experienced them first hand but I am going to jump on the band wagon with the pvp'ers. To go into a WZ and have blatant cheating happen must be frustrating as hell, to wait for the games and then have it ruined by people who obviously cannot play.. why they resort to hacks.

BioWare has to do something to address this. Ban them be firm and strict with people hacking and using exploits. Its ruining the game for a lot of people so start bringing down that ban hammer and be seen to be doing something. A response from the Devs on this would be helpful also. Even if they are just working on fixing the problems they need to stay in touch with us to tell us they are working on it. That will end the frustration some, to know you are being listened too.

Edited by Seraphynn

u want a cheatfree online gaming experience?

heres what to do: Shut down your computer, turn on your TV, turn on your preferred console and enjoy a cheatfree online gaming experience.

It CANNOT be avoided in mmo's. Devs can only implement new patches every week to stop cheat engines, they just get a workaround and usually the same day a new one is available.

And in all fairness, in this game its currently not that bad at all. there's TONS more in EQ, EQ2, Guildwars, WOW, lotro, and i'm not even mentioning the number of account hacks that occur in those games. People that say:'i played XXXXX game and there were no botters' either didnt play till endgame or are to stupid to spot one. Only thing to do is report them. Bioware just like wow doenst ban on first breach of the Eula, they warn you and give u a second chance.

Wow actually gives u 3 chances: 1) a warning, 2) a temp ban for 72hours 3) perm ban.

I have a solution that will limit the cheating but will not require bans. Instead of debating this issue, Bioware can do the following, investigate these issues and Im sure they can confirm who has been cheating or using exploits. DO NOT BAN THEM. What you can do is have another server when they can be moved to. Now I realise this may eventually be an issue as the server will reach the pop cap but then all you need to do is create another server so the other cheaters cna be moved there. Eventually what you can allow is cross server games between these servers and the little hackers can exploit to their hearts content. I fully expect every warzone to end in a tie..but then Bioware's tie-breaker code works so well that should be fun. The name of the server....THE PHANTOM MENACE....because this apparently just isnt happening......according to some.

It's ********. I'm so sick of the speed hacking in warzones. They haven't done a single thing to stop it.

VERY untrue, they HAVE stopped several hacks already. Programmers just find a way around them ALL the time, so u may think that they do nothing about it.

Edited by syncronius

VERY untrue, they HAVE stopped several hacks already. Programmers just find a way around them ALL the time, so u may think that they do nothing about it.

But when you have over 100 (confirmed) reports on the same person running very specific hacks. (reports, note time, date, location, hack used, etc)

yet you see the person continuing to run around and ruin wz after wz over and over, for weeks...

thats just irresponsible.

Thats the frustration. Fine, if the close up hacks, thats great (however, your wrong, as if you do a simple google search you'll find that the hacks available during beta, are still active, running, and working in the current build) But the fact is, they aren't closing the holes which allow these hacks, and they obviously aren't banning the people using them, at least on some servers.

I understand they need to investigate, but seeing the same guy, night after night, actively hacking, weeks at a time, is rediculous.

Cheaters will always find a way. WoW is 7 years old and there is still hacks and cheats for it. It's not an easy thing to control.

Yes, but this is not Blizzard, it's BioWare. It's like comparing beef flavored ramen to Filet Mignon. BioWare has been noted for it's excellence in programming for quite a long time. They are better than this.

Hi all,

While we appreciate your concerns about exploiting and cheating, threads on such a topic often encourage discussion of how to exploit or involve "naming and shaming" other players, both of which are against our Terms of Service. As such, we are going to go ahead and close this thread.

If you encounter any players within Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ that you believe are exploiting, cheating or otherwise engaging in conduct that violates our Terms of Service, we ask that you instead submit a report using the In-Game Customer Service Portal.

Thank you for your understanding!