Why a 6 hour downtime?

Sunflier

All new MMO's have extended downtimes for the first 6 months to a year, until everything is settled and its just a quick update they are doing. Imagine fixing hundreds of bugs on a weekly basis writing the code for that is not going to be mistake free.

It was 2 hours, but when I read that first thing this morning I knew with 100% certainty it would be increased to 4 or 5 because I've never seen a new MMO ever get close to getting the time's right and I'm 50% certain it will actually end up being 6 hours at least.:(

It's the same old story, folks. Sometimes you just have to chill and trust the people running the show. Of course as so many threads during the EGA period have shown, many people find it appears kewl to be in the I-don't-trust-The-Man-and-I'm-proper-cynical-me category. It isn't. Adulthood teaches you two things. Appreciation and reality:

Appreciation: Today I could be not playing SW:TOR and my life would be less rich for it. People, it's a serious Star Wars MMO! it's here. Instead of finding any reason to take a pop at BioWare how about we actually thank them for giving us this. We weren't owed this game, you know.

Reality: In life you sometimes have to place trust. This is a bigger deal than it sounds. I trust very few people, however when I give my trust I give it blindly based on my assessment of who and why. This is because if you aren't going to blindly trust better not to do it at all, because all the hurt will be on you.