Help with PvP for newbie

TheaColder

I have looked over the forums but it seems pretty much everyone knows about PvP.

Well, SWTOR is my first MMO and I have NO idea. I don't even know what the acronyms mean ... I've never played WoW or anything of the matter...

I am doing ok in game but I've never done PvP. I keep dying of course. Too many players running around like crazy and all of them seem to be a ton of levels over me. They kill me instantly, I am an easy kill I guess when you are lvl 50 :)

Plus (no offense) I see a lot of people being extremely rude in the forums to those of us who truly have no idea, not because they are unintelligent, but because this IS their first MMO.

So please, where can I find information about PvP for a truly "green" player?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Well, what do you need to know? What acronyms are causing you trouble?

And don’t worry about people outlvling you – there’s a separate bracket for lvl 50s because they have access to better gear than 1-49s. There’s also a mechanic called ‘bolster’ which creates a level-ish playing field in terms of damage given out and taken between all levels.

Where higher lvls have the advantage is in having more skills.

What class are you?

I have looked over the forums but it seems pretty much everyone knows about PvP.

Well, SWTOR is my first MMO and I have NO idea. I don't even know what the acronyms mean ... I've never played WoW or anything of the matter...

There's a good guide in this new players forum that lists acronyms, it would be worth having a look to see if that's got the ones you're struggling with.

I am doing ok in game but I've never done PvP. I keep dying of course. Too many players running around like crazy and all of them seem to be a ton of levels over me. They kill me instantly, I am an easy kill I guess when you are lvl 50 :)

Level 50's get their own warzones, so don't worry about them :) BUT you will be running with level 49's though. When you enter a warzone you might notice you get a boost ... which basically increases some stats to try and make every more of the same level. But at higher levels you will get access to more of your class skills, which can make a difference. Level 10's, for example, will probably only have half-a-dozen skills to use whereas the 40+ will have way way more.

The reason they are running around like crazy is that if you stay in one place too long you will stand out as a target and find your head being jumped on by other players.

Plus (no offense) I see a lot of people being extremely rude in the forums to those of us who truly have no idea, not because they are unintelligent, but because this IS their first MMO.

Ignore them. It's the internet and small people will always be rude if they think they are anonymous. This particular forum tends to cater for new (and stupid :p) questions so you should find less hostility than in, say, general chat.

So please, where can I find information about PvP for a truly "green" player?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Well really, the advice is quite simple:

- Learn the rules of the warzone

i.e. how to throw the ball in huttball, how to recognise which team you are on, how to recognise which zone you are suppose to score in (I've seen players get turned around and run the wrong way)

i.e. how to plant bomb on door, how to diffuse a bomb

i.e. how to cap and defend a gun turret

- As a beginner follow the directions of someone who takes the lead on your team. They might be wrong but you'll learn that as you get more experienced and can take the lead yourself

- Work with others, don't try and play it as a solo experience. A coordinated group of players will nearly always beat a team who work as individuals

- KILL THE ENEMY! And complete the objectives. But the other way around ... you win by completing objectives not killing enemies.

- Have fun. Even losing gives you some rewards in terms of xp, cash, valour and most importantly a learning experience. Don't be the douche who doesn't like losing, because you will lose - a lot - as you are learning to play a very competitive game against other real life people not stupid NPCs