The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

46 - 50 Levelling

XCyndre

Are there any Vengance juggs out there that can add to this? currently 42 and love vengance. I don't feel like having to respec to immortal to finish voss. Just looking for pointers ahead of time. perhaps ill over-grind the lower level planets...start with belsavis and try to get to 48 before hitting Voss...

I got to Voss around mid 42 or very early 43. I'm now 45 and on the last part of the planet, the dark area. Had zero issues soloing anything there (minus the Heroic 4+'s). I'm in standard Orange mods updated from each planet and using Doc. Vig spec all the way, with zero issues so far.

Edited by Fallenlore

For reference you were spot on mate, did the Corellia and final class that took me to 48 with about 4 pvp wins then the Ilum quest chain took me straight from 48 - 49 in one hit.

Vengeance was very much suited to the grind for the pve quests but didn't really have the burst to cut it on Ilum especially against those blasted quartermasters.

Rage on the other whilst seat of your pants really has started to shine through.

Rage was so easy to level after you get force crush. Groups are easy just charge, force charge, something random since you have the extra gcd, and smash and they're all dead. Boss I do saber throw, charge, force crush, sundering assault, smash, obliterate, force choke, sundering assault, smash and usually they are dead. The only bosses I've seen survive this were tank bosses which means you need to do force push, charge, force crush, sundering assault, smash. Nothing I've encountered survives this burst. I got battle cry in late 40s and the free force scream replaces sundering assault. Edited by Yrneh

Rage was so easy to level after you get force crush. Groups are easy just charge, force charge, something random since you have the extra gcd, and smash and they're all dead. Boss I do saber throw, charge, force crush, sundering assault, smash, obliterate, force choke, sundering assault, smash and usually they are dead. The only bosses I've seen survive this were tank bosses which means you need to do force push, charge, force crush, sundering assault, smash. Nothing I've encountered survives this burst. I got battle cry in late 40s and the free force scream replaces sundering assault.

Interesting, I actually had the exact opposite experience were Rage build was just absolutely terrible and unable to acomplish anything. Granted if it was a mob of just normals they would get melted, but even having just one strong in the group I usually ended up finishing the fight with around 50% hp (This is corellia by the way). With the elites and champions I found that I could do a huge front load of damage on them but often had trouble finishing fights especially whith mobs that were running in the 10,000+ hp mark.

Edited by EnalisNailo

Voss is the point in the story where my Jugger stopped facerolling the game and had to pay attention. Everything before that was CHARGE-SWING LIGHTSABER-POP COOLDOWNS.

When you do the crazy acid trip mystic quest, that's the part where the game says, "Ok, the training wheels are off, now you have to do stuff like run out of AOEs and interrupt certain abilities, its big boy pants time."

I'm a migrating veteran mmo player, and coming from a game where the damn chat log basically tells you "Big *** aoe damage in 3 seconds" and people don't run out, I totally understand the necessity. If you die from something channeled that you can avoid, you deserve it.

I just finished Belsavis, and pretty much up to now the fights have basically been what you described. Saber throw, charge, smash, etc etc. Good to know that I'll have to put on my "oh sh*t" shoes for Voss.