46 - 50 Levelling

XCyndre

So I've hit 46 on Voss and currently getting my backside handed to me repeatadly even with up to date oranges and crafted gear.

I've got just 4 levels to go and it seems like a lifetime away the way things are going.

Is it better to abandon the pve grind and just go full on WZ's to 50 now? Is that going to be quicker than trekking across huge maps and performing the go hear click / kill this 50 times for what amounts to about the same xp?

To round out what I'm doing, I'm currently spec'ed rage as this gives me the best pvp performance averaging 8 medals per WZ to save for those 50 champ bags.

Guessing switching back to veng would make the voss grind better but would degrade my pvp performance (already tested this).

Using Quinn as well, Jaesa was great but I just can't stand up to the incoming dps long enough to finish the fight.

Would really value any advice on this.

Had feeling that might be the case. I don't especially like rage but it rolls in the medals. FC > Crush > Push > FC > Rarrrghh.

Then aoe taunt and that's most of your medals right there. Other than that it's very boring and lacks challenge.

I found with vengeance I drop to about 4 - 6 medals and the dos is underwhelming whilst lacking utility or survivability. My sin does it all vastly better!

Tbh I'd just grind my sin but it makes sense to finish the jug to 50 to grind creds with the hope they put that 1.1.5 patch crystal vendor in. Need a couple of mil and that'll only happen running lvl 50 dailies in such a relatively short time span.

Will also bankroll my alt army!

Guess it's back to vengeance then :(

I ran Immortal to 50 and for me the leveling sped up once I hit ~38.

I felt the same way. I completed the class story at 47 and finished the Corellia planet story at 49 ... Immortal spec'd. And I know I'm not "uber twitch player of awesome" ;)

Immortal definitely appears to be the goto spec for easy levelling. Certainly has great utility and matched with def mods it'd be formidable.

I've read dozens of posts on all builds and tested alot on mine but I had genuinely hoped I could pull off a rage spec in pve to maintain the high pvp medal count.

I did find immortal very robust but the dps so poor. Voss just seems to really push you out of a dps spec. And yet you aren't especially more survivable than a tankasin. Though hey still fps fairly hard.

Ah well looks like I shall revert to my old immortal spec and get the old ball and chain (Jaesa) to do the legwork.

Immortal Jugg here, been using Jaessa since the very quest you get her on. I like the story idea of having a "Sith Apprentice". I have had no issues most of the time, but one thing is as I have gone through the game, I have done space missions and Warzones periodically. Somehow I have managed to always stay about 2-3 levels above the area level where ever I am questing. Didn't do this on purpose but it really really helps. You cut through enemies quickly and make the boring planet quests grind out faster. Also, my friend and I have been questing together the last 3 planets, much more fun, easier to lay waste to everything, if you see enemy players, you get to trash em, gain social points and always have someone ready to do the heroic missions. Best way to play the planet questing my opinion.

Are there any Vengance juggs out there that can add to this? currently 42 and love vengance. I don't feel like having to respec to immortal to finish voss. Just looking for pointers ahead of time. perhaps ill over-grind the lower level planets...start with belsavis and try to get to 48 before hitting Voss...

Im level 46 on my Jugg, on Voss and using Rage spec and haven't had any problems at all using Quinn as my companion.

I'm almost in the full Sith Champion orange set with good mods, and he's in the level 40 operative pvp set, and unless I pull 2 golds, or something, I've never had an issue.

Are you guys trying to use Rage spec without a healer companion?

I didn't hit Voss until I was a couple of bubbles from 50. I have a bad habit of scouring each planet for all of its missions, then moving on. With maybe one or two warzones a day. And I still have Corellia and Illum to do, as well as old heroics from various planets. Needless to say, it's not necessarily a bad thing to surpass things by a level or two on your way to the final planet(s).

Was actually able to run a veng build using Jaesa all the way through to lvl 50, only exception was the second to the last boss in the Warrior story which everyone I've talked to has said they had the hardest time with him and needed a second person to help them as well (Was 50 by the time I got to corellia and was still getting smack around by him).

I've found Rage to be sub-par in PvE, its got that great burst at the start but just dosnt seem to hold up in longer fights which is pretty much all you'll be doing in Voss and Corellia. You're probably best off going back to Vengence or trying Immortal till you hit Lvl 50.

PVP will take longer to grind out to lvl50.

Are there any Vengance juggs out there that can add to this? currently 42 and love vengance. I don't feel like having to respec to immortal to finish voss. Just looking for pointers ahead of time. perhaps ill over-grind the lower level planets...start with belsavis and try to get to 48 before hitting Voss...

I'll let you know. I just hit 42 and will be headed to Voss tonight. I'm running a immortal/vengeance spec. Just up to invincible in immortal. Seems to be going pretty good. Been primarily using guardian mods and using vette.

Some of the quests can be pretty challenging since I'm a lower level, but I like it that way.

Do both.

Whilst you begin on your 9000000 mile trek across a massive map to click something for 3 seconds and run ALL the way back, queu up. Keep constantly queuing. I do Immortal, easy for PVE and I'm still taking it 5-8 medals per WZ, even when I was in the 30's. By the time you finish one zone on your PVE planet, you should have close to half a level if you're doing WZ's and quests, turning the quests all in at once as they're all finished.

It would be better if you were 47 for my recommendation, but I'll give it to you anyway. This is assuming nothing has changed since launch, btw:

Voss - class quest, healing trials, datacrons. Decide whether or not you are going to add any of the planet's main story arc (you should, but not necessary).

Class quest - do the transitions, and get to Corellia.

Corellia - Class quest, and maybe the datacrons. That's it.

Class quest - finish it, hopefully giving you level 49 in the process, but somewhere in 48 is still ok.

Ilum and Belsavis - Unlock (and do) the level 50 dailies, and the Ilum main story arc. You get an absurd amount of experience for them, especially if you can do them all, and it does not detract from your credit or comm gains.

Do the dailies again the next day, you should be 50, or really close.

If you can, or are so inclined, throw in the space dailies that yield exp, and some warzones.

This is the fastest way I have found to go from 47-50, and I am sure it will work starting at 46. In your case, it really depends on how far into Voss you are right now. If you are deep into Voss (2nd or 3rd base), then you might want to add the Alderaan bonus series (might be gray, not sure), and the Hoth bonus series.

Hope this helps.

Riôt

Voss is the point in the story where my Jugger stopped facerolling the game and had to pay attention. Everything before that was CHARGE-SWING LIGHTSABER-POP COOLDOWNS.

When you do the crazy acid trip mystic quest, that's the part where the game says, "Ok, the training wheels are off, now you have to do stuff like run out of AOEs and interrupt certain abilities, its big boy pants time."

I have been about 2 levels below all my quest since Belsavis and on Voss i didn't feel gimped at all.

There were a few fights where i had to change to a defensive stance and shields, but mostly i had no problems in a Rage build with quinn.

Vengence is fine, just make sure you don't go into a planet under leveled (None of the specs will help you in that case)

I am just about to hit 46 and have run Vengeance all the way through.

But I am wearing tank gear.

I love pvp and have spent a lot of time there with a mate who is a healer.

Vengeance spec with tank gear is insane. I average about 8 medals in WZ and nobody is stopping me in huttball. I get 2 medals straight away for protection, using my taunts.

Soon I'll be up to invincible in the immortal tree which will be nice but I haven't really needed it.

Questing is probably a bit slower than it would be if I were in DPS gear, but I have Quinn out healing me which gives me no down time at all. Nuke one pack then straight onto the next.

I am always in soresu form and didn't put any point into the DPS form.

Just to add to that.

I do not go for the kills in WZ (although they seem to be racking up quite nicely)

As a jugg you should always be going for the healers, taunting who ever is beating on your team mates, and making a nuisance of yourself.

Even as vengeance we have enough abilities to take a healer out of action for a long time (even if we can't kill him)

Disruption - Interrupt the first heal

Force choke - Interrupt the second while disruption is on CD

Force Push - If both are on CD

With that rotation of interrupts that healer will not be healing anybody else, let alone himself

Really appreciate all the advice. I actually switched to a Hybrid Veng / Immortal snagging Impale and invincible.

PVP isn't as great but still getting used to it however Voss became a cake walk once I geared up Quinn with some of the 40 pvp op gear.

Trying the technique for fast levelling now and just dinged 47 at the start of Corellia so will likely do the class quests and some extra's (The Hoth bonus etc is grey to me so not worth running).

Will be interesting once I hit 50 to start the sin I have at 33 and compare the levelling experience. Though must say really miss being in a guild :(

Just doing the class quest on Corellia will give you approximately half of that level, if you don't skip any of the mobs in the instanced areas, so with some PvP added in, finishing the class quest should net you 48.

The Ilum story arc, and 2-3 days of dailies will net you 50, a lot of credits, and hopefully mods for your gear. Half a level per hour is kind of hard to beat, especially considering the rest of what you get from doing them.

Enjoy.

This is from memory, btw - I hope they have not changed anything, and that I was not mistaken on how much exp comes from the dailies. I will find out on my Shadow very soon.

Riôt

Edited by lordofdamornin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.