STR vs END in Tanking

GeltonTorr

Greetings,

I have a question about Armor mods for an Immortal Jugg.

According to the guides available here one should not only invest in END but also in his other stats like STR for treat building.

Now, the commendation vendors have most of the time the Guardian Armor mods with more END than STR, which I so far thought are the ones for us Tank Juggs.

But with now having essentially all possible slots full with orange gear I think I would severely gimp myself towards END if I put in everywhere Guardian Mods. On the other hand if I put everywhere Might mods I would have a lot of more STR but then I fear that I might become too squishy.

Therefore, I was looking here on the forums for some rule of thumb about Stat balance or some general values for which to aim in the end, but could not find any.

Because of this I am asking you if anyone has some guidelines in this matter or can point me to a place where I can find those.

Thank you

Take the Guardian mods all the time. This isn't WoW, where you have to keep everything on you at all times, in this game, ranged DPS can (and usually will if they aren't bad) kill Weaks and Standards before you can start building threat against them. The only thing to worry about is Strong and up, and I can't think of many places where you're going to be frantically keeping three or four things focused on you. Your single (or even double) target threat should be more than good enough without having to take threat stats over defensive stats, and if it isn't tell your dps to give you a couple seconds to build up threat before starting in on their nuking (which actually is like WoW).

Take the Guardian mods all the time. This isn't WoW, where you have to keep everything on you at all times, in this game, ranged DPS can (and usually will if they aren't bad) kill Weaks and Standards before you can start building threat against them. The only thing to worry about is Strong and up, and I can't think of many places where you're going to be frantically keeping three or four things focused on you. Your single (or even double) target threat should be more than good enough without having to take threat stats over defensive stats, and if it isn't tell your dps to give you a couple seconds to build up threat before starting in on their nuking (which actually is like WoW).

Makes sense ... but from my experience in nightmare operations, the more strength you have, the more stable will be your aggro and finally the more your damage dealers can do their job and beat enrage !

Makes sense ... but from my experience in nightmare operations, the more strength you have, the more stable will be your aggro and finally the more your damage dealers can do their job and beat enrage !

Not to mention that str isn't just threat (yes, I know....tanky is all about threat). but when you deal with enrage timers...tanky is also added DPS. so it's a balance act. for 90% of ops though, its not a big deal...of course, for 100% of OPS, FP, HM's, there isn't enough of an issue with damage that you need to cap health. best thing to do is find a balance that your comfortable with. if you run with a guild, just get used to a spot inbetween where your healers are happy, but your still generating decent damage. If you PuG allot, then just listen to feedback from healers.

And don't forget that at higher levels (high 30's) most mods come with defensive stats as well. those are often preferred over simple endurance (though your defensive mods with shield, absorb, etc. will often still have high end). but if your looking for a quick comparison:

Mitigation > Str = End. and Str/End is balance.

Edited by Elyx

No real rules, as long as you have no trouble surviving then more end really won't help - only for those rare times when things can go awry.

Currently I'm 20.3k hp unbuffed, and haven't been in any situation in which I got 1 or 2 shot, so endurance is really only more epeen for me at this point.

My str is a little over 1400 atm in tanking gear. I'm doing enough damage to hold aggro fairly easily, but I can clearly see my damage numbers higher which does help dps a little bit :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.