I am never preordering a Bioware product again

kingsab

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

next time pre-order early

simple as that

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont listen to the peeps disregarding this m8 , i feel you on this ...

even if i am in sins yesterday , lucky me , i'm a late november orderer ..

i hate to see always the ones who opose the loudest to these kind of treads are the ones who accualy preordered a long time ago .. at least anyway 80 % of those trolls still comming here .... well gk to you sirs and mams , but it is and still is misleading advertising yes the info could be found if yo udig deep enough in stickies or in faqs ... but the fact remains on several front they remained rather VAGUE upon this topic ....

now i am in so i shouldnt complain and i am not ..../ the only thing i even complained about is not getting in on day 1 ... i onlt have 1 problem with this aprouch ... i cant play with my friends ... and i have always been able to do that on a mmo launch ..

i didnt care about lag or server going boom for a hour and then relogging again .. or all other problems expected when thousands people log ... i even think its part of the mmorpg experience ... juist having a blast anyway on vent or whatever together with familky and friends ... and now becosue they making servers al the way to full and then opening new servers ... my friends who join later even are probaly gonna have to join a super full server with a qeueu ... i like the idea of be able to select al low population server if i want too .. now even that isnt possible ...

well i'm done on forums , cya all

I find it amazing you come to a conculsion that anyone who can read and follow the preorder process is somehow a troll when you try and claim they should just let everyone at the same time - runining everyones experience.

What the OP is saying is he preordered late, and hes annoyed because he can't play yet. He clearly did not read the agreement, because he thinks its a lottery. Your responsibility to preorder should not impede on my, or my fellow gamers because you were to lazy to read, or could not decide whether you wanted to preorder or not.

For me it was worth a fiver to take that punt in July. Why should everyone have an unstable launch just because you don't mind? This is ridiculous, and calling people trolls because you are late to the party is even more ridiculous.

If you open a new club, you do not let everyone in at once, you make them queue - the ones at the front get in first, because they have been their longer.

It really is that simple, yes its a little dissapointing the op did not get in earlier, but they gave us two more days access than we should have. But at the end of the day the op is late to the party, so that is no one elses fault but his own - not mine, not anyone who preordered earlier than the op and certainly not biowares.

Edited by PloGreen

By the way tis is a swtor message from 2th on august

The sooner you pre-order and redeem your pre-order code, the sooner you'll get into the Early Game Access phase. Use your Early Game Access to level up, explore the universe, or take various classes for a test drive. While many others are just getting started on launch day, your saga will be well underway

And another thing.... stop whining about Bioware.... This is EA's Publication.. all adv, this site, anything marketing related is EA... EA is known for their bully-ish tactics... the whole pre-order design system with early game accesss instead of nothing at all but in game items.. is EA.. this is their baby.... Bioware made the actual gameplay and all systems for it... they did an excellent job from what i saw in my 2 beta weekend invites... the storylines AMAZING! and its soo different for each class.. Bravo Bioware!

As for EA... You should know better, Mister!! thats for us and them =P

If you get two days early access as opposed to one, would you be happy then?

EGA access at this point is no different than getting in on release day. I got in today and found that in PvP i was already at a huge disadvantage.

Some of us like that fresh, new feel of a brand new server with an even playing field at the start. Didn't happen here for several of us. Not everyone cares about things like these, but some of us do. I'm not going to lie, it has negatively affected my game experience.

MMO's are a dime a dozen. It's the little things that keeps people interested and paying.

Edited by Posttrauma

Server's are down for maintenance right now anyway...

I was about to complete a quest

I luckily barely beat an instance.

Was forced to heal as a DPS because I was the only one with a heal. It sucked

Oh Noes! The servers are down. Quick. Cancel your pre-orders. They didnt say there would be maintenance during the EGA!

Everyone nerdrage, quit, call your congresscritter and /wrists.

:rolleyes:

Just to be clear, Im not picking on you, but making a point Psycho.

I would just like to say this, as a reminder that you are not the only ones with problems.

My husband and I pre-ordered in....July or August? I can't remember, and thankfully we both got to participate in the beta test weekend, as a little over a week ago, he deployed to Afghanistan.

You think you're aggravated because you chose to pre-order late? Try pre-ordering early, then being deployed overseas and looking at the possibility of not being able to play for an entire year, depending on whether or not your laptop and a crummy internet connection can handle it. Poor guy probably got his early access in his email too, which I bet added a bit of an extra sting.

Anyone happen to know how well this game will do on a laptop? I'm willing to guess that it might be okay, but graphical settings and such will have to be turned down way low. :(

Didn't read all this thread. I'm usually up for reading these kind of posts just for kicks and giggles but gave up on this one pretty fast . . .

Anyway, I didn't pre-order until after the late November Beta (left it late to be sure my finances would be ok for me to get it), wasn't too fussed how many days early access I got but turns out I'm getting the full 5 that was originally stated I could get up to

My reason for posting this is simple, I pre-ordered VERY late, I'm in . . . therefore all pre-orders or almost all, should now have access.

Since the OP didn't even join the forums until November 2011 all I can say to you is, shut up and wait your turn, if you don't already have it, you'll have access real soon

dont listen to the peeps disregarding this m8 , i feel you on this ...

even if i am in sins yesterday , lucky me , i'm a late november orderer ..

i hate to see always the ones who opose the loudest to these kind of treads are the ones who accualy preordered a long time ago .. at least anyway 80 % of those trolls still comming here .... well gk to you sirs and mams , but it is and still is misleading advertising yes the info could be found if yo udig deep enough in stickies or in faqs ... but the fact remains on several front they remained rather VAGUE upon this topic ....

What? Without purposeful disrespect, if I misunderstand your post it is because it is encoded with the encryption, I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, of utter moronic stupidity!

What Misleading advertising?

The advertising of "Up to 5 Days of Early Game Access" ?

How is everyone who pre-ordered the game getting between 4 and 7 days not 'Up to 5 days of early game access' ?

How is this not a positive thing?

Over 90 percent of people who ordered the game got EXACTLY 5 days of early access OR MORE. 10 percent or less will get 4 days. Four days of early game access with advertising of UP TO 5 day of early access is pretty DEAD ON accurate advertising.

They did NOT say "You WILL get 5 days of Early Access" -- They said "You will get *UP TO* 5 days of early access".

They DID NOT have to make the effort they did, and accomplished to get 9/10th's of the pre-orders 5 days, 6 days, or even 7 days of early access, but they did anyway. The WORST case scenario is going to be 4 days of the 'UP TO' 5 days of early access.

That is very GOOD advertising, and living up to it VERY WELL.

now i am in so i shouldnt complain and i am not ..../

You aren't complaining? Wow. Are you confused much?

well i'm done on forums , cya all

I hope you enjoy your time in game, and I hope your confused state of cognitive presence , aka: Situational awareness has some clarity in the near future.

Be well, and I really mean that.

And another thing.... stop whining about Bioware.... This is EA's Publication.. all adv, this site, anything marketing related is EA... EA is known for their bully-ish tactics... the whole pre-order design system with early game accesss instead of nothing at all but in game items.. is EA.. this is their baby.... Bioware made the actual gameplay and all systems for it... they did an excellent job from what i saw in my 2 beta weekend invites... the storylines AMAZING! and its soo different for each class.. Bravo Bioware!

As for EA... You should know better, Mister!! thats for us and them =P

email from 2th august i got

The sooner you pre-order and redeem your pre-order code, the sooner you'll get into the Early Game Access phase. Use your Early Game Access to level up, explore the universe, or take various classes for a test drive. While many others are just getting started on launch day, your saga will be well underway

I would just like to say this, as a reminder that you are not the only ones with problems.

My husband and I pre-ordered in....July or August? I can't remember, and thankfully we both got to participate in the beta test weekend, as a little over a week ago, he deployed to Afghanistan.

You think you're aggravated because you chose to pre-order late? Try pre-ordering early, then being deployed overseas and looking at the possibility of not being able to play for an entire year, depending on whether or not your laptop and a crummy internet connection can handle it. Poor guy probably got his early access in his email too, which I bet added a bit of an extra sting.

Anyone happen to know how well this game will do on a laptop? I'm willing to guess that it might be okay, but graphical settings and such will have to be turned down way low. :(

Depends on the laptop. Im playing on a Dell XPS 17 with a 2nd gen i7 and a Nvidia GT 555. I can play smoothly on high settings with no problems. I cannot imagine this sort of laptop being very practical for someone deployed in the military though due to it's weight and size.

Edited by Posttrauma

email from 2th august i got

Stop making sense, you are giving me a headache. :rolleyes:

I order mines last Sunday, not even knowing that they are going to go through the first come first served method. But guess what, you got to Cowboy the **** Up and wait. I guarantee that you are going to get in before me. You don't see me ************.

So you shouldn't complain. Grow a pair, and wait!

I hear ya on that one. My husband will get a tiny nibble of it then off to Afghanistan he goes :(

Hope it works out for him and he can get some time on it. Prayers are with you both and that he comes home safe.

I'm enjoying the game but I would never want to take part in an EGA again :D

I can't see this being adopted by other games. But we'll see. Maybe others will hail it a big success.

Actually every other game would be dumb not to do this. Almost every MMO previous to this has had server crashes and longer queue times.

Feel free to check the threads on other MMO launches to read the horror stories if you like...

Though they need to put the concept in bold letters and make it idiot proof. They will need to spell out the line concept and make sure all retailers tell their customers how pre order works.

you guys need to not purchase stuff out of emotions and hopes and dreams and cotton candy mountains of magic... and learn to read, ask questions and find out what exactly are you paying for befor handing the guy in all black selling you this mountain of magical candy goodness your money... and you would not be upset at all.. lol :)

You're obviously not one of them, nor even of any base intelligence to be responding to a legitimate complaint. Why not go ********** to Princess Leaia rule 34 for the 10th time today?

It is legitimate to you. However, thankfully not everyone has to or will agree with you. At first I was upset that I didn't get in on the first day. However, I did get early access as will you. You don't really have a right to be pissed because you didn't research better or failed to read the statement "Up to 5 days early access". Bioware is a company and if you think it was some sort of conspiracy against you and the seriously small few who are complaining, you're quite out of your mind and might wanna find a different hobby or type of game. These types of issues are not uncommon for MMO releases and even if they learn from one or two big mistakes of other companies they are going to make some of their own. Now, quit thinking you're special and go check your e-mail... your access might be there =D

No, I didn't read 17 pages of this QQing so I'm going to say what I hope everyone else said on the previous 16 pages.

If you followed this game at ALL or during the preorder announcement at E3 (i believe it was?) you would have all the details on preordering and would have known a full month before preordering went live that the order in which you redeemed your code was the order in which you got access. Hence why I preordered within the first 4 hours. I got in at 7am Tuesday.

Try another bit then "false advertising" cause Bioware and, as much as I loathe them, EA has never said anything publicly to make you believe otherwise.

actually OP you paid 5 euros for a early access that was specified as first come first served thing and the sooner you redeemed your preorder code the sooner your early access would begin... the last 55 euros was for the game itself and its product code that starts the 20th december.. Edited by Gaun

I think this uber-cautious approach to an MMO launch is ridiculous. I paid $60 just like the people who have gotten access to it already, yet for some reason I have to wait because Bioware is afraid of having a rough launch? Well, too bad, I can see my dollar is not valued amongst Bioware.

I'd prefer everyone have fair access to the game and have intermittent server issues than some "privileged" people getting to play the game 5-6 days before me for no reason other than some stupid "lottery".

Now, I'm pretty much assuming that Bioware is going to give pretty much everyone who preordered in the last couple months one day "early access", just to make sure they live up to their "promise". Gee, thanks Bioware. I love being mislead by saying I'll have early access only to find out that I won't be playing it till one day before launch. It makes me feel like a REALLY valued customer.

what is youre problem? U knew from the start that who pre orderd first would be in game first..i'm sorry but thats youre own fauld. stop complaining...