Artifice; the Colours Puprle, Cyan and White gets sold by NPC in 1.1.5

Leadros

Please, voice your concern about this change in this topic.

It wasnt enough, that we were replaced by ilum daily vendors, now, in the next patch, we get replaced by a vendor who sells 41! versions of the most demanded colours ingame right now.

while i know, that alot of players want those colours, i find it unacceptable that these get sold by an NPC, instead of granting the artificers the right to craft them for everybody ( you know, the job who actually deals with colour crystals )

This topic is here, for all of you artifice crafters, to tell the devs that this is very bad for all artfice crafters.

I, in no way, want to restrict colours for other players, i simply want to craft them, instead of buying them.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this info coming from?

If true, it further ruins the current crafting situation. From what I've read, however, is that crafting skills will be getting new patterns that will be viable for end game play. I would be very disappointed if they were to do this and at the same time, put in more vendors that undermine the player economy.

If this is true, I strongly advise the devs to reconsider and keep these items solely in the hands of the PC crafters. We do NOT need npc's selling this stuff. I would go a step further and advise that the current daily commendations vendors also be removed or at least knock down the level of their wares to rank 21/22 and prototype quality, further bolstering the need for PC crafters.

My suggestion would be to put ALL of these new colors on the artifice trainer or perhaps a 'high level' artifice trainer that takes maybe daily commendations or maybe a use for our excess Tionese Crystals/Comms, and let the players supply them to the community. NPC vendors are a baaaaaaaad idea.

Edited by Natarii

If you read the 1.1.5 PTR patch notes, you'd also see that this is something that will only be in the game until Game Update 1.2 hits. It will be removed at that time.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=325047

Edit: Furthermore, are these simply raw crystals that still need an Artificer to craft, or already crafted ones? According to these patch notes, it could be either. If the former, I don't see the problem. If the latter... understandable, but it's not permanent.

Edited by Aerithel

If you read the 1.1.5 PTR patch notes, you'd also see that this is something that will only be in the game until Game Update 1.2 hits. It will be removed at that time.

yeah, if it is removed, why put it inside the game in the first place? the way it is now, it will just destroy the market because everyone who wants the colour will buy it from the NPC and not from us.

Edited by Leadros

I went through all 16 pages of that linked thread and didnt see a single post from the Devs that said anything about a vendor for crystals. At this time I have to believe it's hearsay. I'm all about the power of crafters, but spreading rumors of this nature doesn't help. Edited by Natarii

From the patch notes:

"A vendor that sells a variety of previously unavailable endgame crystals has been added temporarily to the Imperial and Republic Fleets until Game Update 1.2."

Hopefully its a PTR only thing and doesn't carry over to live since its "temporary", but I fully agree that nothing better then what can be crafted should be flat out bought with credits. Not to mention with no restrictions.

>>>>

<<<< of the vendor if any are interested.

they are already crafted and ready to use. there is a video on youtube showing the cost and stats of them. it can also be found in the PTR section.

Ahhh okay. I also checked out the following post, and here's what one fellow described:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=325195&page=2

Colours: Cyan, Purple, White, Yellow, Red

Lvls 47 and 50 with +31 and +41 respectively for Endurance, Critical or Power (so a lot of crystals depending what you prefer)

Prices vary from 125k to 2.5m

New vendor is unnamed and found in the trade area.

Pre-order are same stats but cheaper (100k to 250k)

Three schematics for 400 artifice all Magenta with lvl 49 and +33 stats

Prices all 250k.

10 of the crystals are bugged and show no name.

I've spent too much cash trying to grind alts through crew skills so can't afford to test through them properly.

Do you suppose the pricing might make a difference?

Not sure I like seeing those schematics on that vendor in the least bit. Are they same stats or different stats? If former, makes farming World Bosses pointless - 750k for quick purchase, versus a *chance* at the recipe? Gee, wonder what route I'd go.

Edited by Aerithel

I went through all 16 pages of that linked thread and didnt see a single post from the Devs that said anything about a vendor for crystals. At this time I have to believe it's hearsay. I'm all about the power of crafters, but spreading rumors of this nature doesn't help.

video of the crystals on the fleet NPC. the Vendor is written in the Patchnotes for 1.1.5

+1

adding color crystal to vendor sold by money (and what's funny: the price is quite silly, magenta crystal for example is sold for less than it's current average GTN price on my server) == removal of huge potential market from Artifice crafters.

I'm not Artifice myself, but never the less find it totally unfair towards players who plan to go for rare color crystal crafting after 1.2. What's the purpose really when I can supply myself and all my alts in every color crystals I'll need from now till lvl 50 in few moments for some spare amount of cash that's wasted on my account right now?

It's ridiculous. Instead of fixing Artifice they choose to keep it broken, or, actually: in between 1.1.5 and 1.2 make it even more broken than it's now! (by removing of whole Magenta Crystal GTN market)

Bioware did say they want temporary, one-time items available to players. They've also already stated the vendor will be removed in 1.2 with the Artifice changes.

Vendor gonna be removed when 90% of people will get what they want for CRs?

That's really re-assuring BioWare. We should all be grateful.

You guys are aware that things are often put on vendors in test servers so that they can be quickly and easily tested by a great many people, right? Especially things that would be so difficult or time consuming to acquire that only a few people could test them otherwise?

Let's see what happens on the normal servers before we get outraged.

I couldn't care less if Bioware would put this just for PTS to test the looks/shaders/whatever.

But it seems that they plan to put it on Live servers too. Hence the note:

# Several high end speeder models have been temporarily reduced in price until Game Update 1.2.

# A vendor that sells a variety of previously unavailable endgame crystals has been added temporarily to the Imperial and Republic Fleets until Game Update 1.2.

You see the bold part?

It roughly translates to:

Since 1.1.5 till 1.2

So as far as I know English: Patch notes specifically say that vendors with their inventory will go on live server in next patch till the 1.2 release.

No notes about changing prices. No notes about removing vendors.

(that is: as far as patch notes on PTS are complete, although looking on the history of PTS notes it means that we will see it on live servers unless BioWare changes their mind based on community feedback.)

The patch notes for 1.1.5 *on the PTR*. There are no patch notes for 1.1.5 on Live. Take a deep breath. It's going to be okay.

thanks for your concern about me, and i know, that its a "PTR" but people need to be made aware of it right now, so it doesnt leave the PTR. thats the purpose of this thread

I couldn't care less if Bioware would put this just for PTS to test the looks/shaders/whatever.

But it seems that they plan to put it on Live servers too. Hence the note:

You see the bold part?

It roughly translates to:

Since 1.1.5 till 1.2

So as far as I know English: Patch notes specifically say that vendors with their inventory will go on live server in next patch till the 1.2 release.

No notes about changing prices. No notes about removing vendors.

(that is: as far as patch notes on PTS are complete, although looking on the history of PTS notes it means that we will see it on live servers unless BioWare changes their mind based on community feedback.)

Still don't see anything about live servers there? Maybe you quoted the wrong part? Because, obviously, the test servers will see 1.2 long before the normal servers will. Perhaps a very long time before, as there will be a ton of things that need testing.

Also, the PTR history of a two month old game means pretty much nothing.

Just because ppl with artifice want to charge 200k+ (or whatever ludicrous price ppl think up) per color crystal doesn't make it right..... get over it guys and quit bein' so greedy.

If anything having all the different color crystals with their variations in colors/stats being added to a vendor makes it so ppl don't have to farm X mob for X schematic....