Artifice; the Colours Puprle, Cyan and White gets sold by NPC in 1.1.5

Leadros

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with it to be honest.

It's a massive money sink for those that have the credits and money is pretty easy to come by.

If you want a certain look, there it it but you'll have to pay for it.

And in 1.2 I bet artifice gets some decent stuff as well as the other professions.

So I got no problem with this.

Vendor gonna be removed when 90% of people will get what they want for CRs?

That's really re-assuring BioWare. We should all be grateful.

good money sink though. I mean seriously, who's going to be stupid enough to pay more then 250k or so for a crystal?

A lot of people I guess. The bonus on crystals is virtually nil. People are buying for aesthetics, nothing more. Which I totally get, but I'd rather wait until 1.2 and get a "color" crystal from an artifice for 400k, instead of buying it now for 1 mil.

(yawn) This thread is so interesting.

To sum it up:

Person A is throwing their toys out of the pram and thinks it's the end of the world because of an event in a virtual world that has not even come to pass.

Meanwhile the rest of the world does not care because it's only a game and at the end of the day it goes dark and nothing Person A can whinge about or do will change it.

A true story.

Based upon real events.

Edited by Loyal_Viggo

(yawn) This thread is so interesting.

To sum it up:

Person A is throwing their toys out of the pram and thinks it's the end of the world because of an event in a virtual world that has not even come to pass.

Meanwhile the rest of the world does not care because it's only a game and at the end of the day it goes dark and nothing Person A can whinge about or do will change it.

A true story.

Based upon real events.

You sir should find the nearest overpass and throw yourself off of it into traffic.

True story, sincerely

the rest of the world.

P.S. in the future keep your idiotic remarks to yourself.

Just want to say it's unclear 1.1.5 will ever come to production servers. They could just be testing new stuff that will be crafteable in 1.2 to make sure they work on everybodies systems/are balanced. (and the various speeder price reduction/availability could be an indication that those obnoxiously large speeders are going to be more common and need testing, because cybertech will be able to make/sell them)

Just want to say it's unclear 1.1.5 will ever come to production servers. They could just be testing new stuff that will be crafteable in 1.2 to make sure they work on everybodies systems/are balanced. (and the various speeder price reduction/availability could be an indication that those obnoxiously large speeders are going to be more common and need testing, because cybertech will be able to make/sell them)

Uh what? They've already said "<Blank> is coming in 1.1.5", which of course shows their intent to push it live. Otherwise they'd just keep refering to 1.2 if 1.1.5 was just some stupid test-only patch.

You sir should find the nearest overpass and throw yourself off of it into traffic.

True story, sincerely

the rest of the world.

P.S. in the future keep your idiotic remarks to yourself.

Ah, you must be Person A.

I note that you take a position contrary to mine, and that's great. But perhaps, Sir, you should heed your own advice.

For my part I'm looking forward to spending my credits on as many crystals as possible in due course.

Edited by Loyal_Viggo

At least a portion of what you just wrote had something to do with the subject at hand. I disagree with taking something out of the cafters hands and giving it freely to people. This defeats the GTN, crafting and what they had laid out as a trade system through crafters.

Yes, it's very exciting to be able to buy the items that were previously only available at a great price from crafters but what a ripoff for the thousands of guilds that downed world bosses for these patterns.

It would be nice to hear from a dev on what they are hoping to accomplish though this seemingly backward act.

At least a portion of what you just wrote had something to do with the subject at hand. I disagree with taking something out of the cafters hands and giving it freely to people. This defeats the GTN, crafting and what they had laid out as a trade system through crafters.

Yes, it's very exciting to be able to buy the items that were previously only available at a great price from crafters but what a ripoff for the thousands of guilds that downed world bosses for these patterns.

It would be nice to hear from a dev on what they are hoping to accomplish though this seemingly backward act.

I don't agree with 'freely', as these items will cost in-game currency. Presumably people can spend their money how they like.

I have a lv50 with 400 artifice and it does not bother me at all, I've worked to get the magenta schematics as per the in-game route currently available and it's no big deal if others can buy them.

I don't resent other people having access to items, which a minority of people appear to do so.

I play the game for fun, not for a sense of entitlement.

We have a different measure of fun in mmorpg. I find it fun to work hard for something not many people have and you find fun in other aspects of the game. Different views and no one person is right.

From my aspect this hurts what I enjoy about the game. Makes each accomplishment less meaningful. I like to see people's toons with cool gear thats hard to get. If everyone can just buy this stuff then what's the point of doing anything except making money to buy what they want?