Open World PvP is DEAD !!!!!

ilifus

When you hit level 50 all you can do is:

- go Ilum special area and enjoy camping or being camped!

- go to a planet starting base and enjoy camping or being camped!

- go Tatooine special area then go afk and get something to eat. When you return you will be still alive cause it's the safest zone on the planet. :)

Camping is world PvP, but is only one simple form and not many players enjoy it!

So is world PvP dead? You can't kill something that was never born! :mad:

Well thats because there are too many safe zones, and eveyrone is like "**** i got ganked trying to do my quest"

Well guess what jackhole, u joined a PVP server.

Seriously, whining ruins everything.

Ultima online at release was the best world pvp ever, before the whiners started complaining and the devs nerfed everything fun.

When you hit level 50 all you can do is:

- go Ilum special area and enjoy camping or being camped!

- go to a planet starting base and enjoy camping or being camped!

- go Tatooine special area then go afk and get something to eat. When you return you will be still alive cause it's the safest zone on the planet. :)

Camping is world PvP, but is only one simple form and not many players enjoy it!

So is world PvP dead? You can't kill something that was never born! :mad:

No its not death. you folks just lack the iniciative, because most ppl are used to getting everything on a plate nice and easy, they dont look for it.

See this thread. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=314903

Edited by Spartanik

Well thats because there are too many safe zones, and eveyrone is like "**** i got ganked trying to do my quest"

Ultima online at release was the best world pvp ever, before the whiners started complaining and the devs nerfed everything fun.

Tell me.. what can whining ruin in the TOR's world pvp?

No its not death. you folks just lack the iniciative, because most ppl are used to getting everything on a plate nice and easy, they dont look for it.

See this thread. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=314903

Get a life, really, im not a 99% er, like most of these hippies are. And I can tell you,, it isnt that hard to max out a toon in this game. This game was apparently built for the 99%ers. It gives the goods right off the bat,, zero challenge.. So I guess we are quite the opposite of you comment....

Fanboy? me? lol i coulndt care less for open world pvp as i roll in a pve server so no.

But from my Experience, im just stating the obvious... if you take the efort to do open world pvp there will be some. If you are just waiting for it to happen... then you can wait for ever... you reap what you sow.

So stop whining and the QQ already.

true to that.

Get a life, really, im not a 99% er, like most of these hippies are. And I can tell you,, it isnt that hard to max out a toon in this game. This game was apparently built for the 99%ers. It gives the goods right off the bat,, zero challenge.. So I guess we are quite the opposite of you comment....
And i care why? lol so you telling me to get a life? and are asking for an even harder and chalenging game? news flash i have one that is why i dont have the time for more chalenging and complex and grindy mmo. maybe you should rethink you life then. Edited by Spartanik

Haha! Just wait till you hit rank 60 and have all the BM you can get for merc and scenario comms. Then you'll have nothing to do after your dailys. This -fact- wiped out the once 50 strong PvP guild I'm in.

If Ilum wasn't crippled by lag we could of at least PvPed for fun.

Haha! Just wait till you hit rank 60 and have all the BM you can get for merc and scenario comms. Then you'll have nothing to do after your dailys. This -fact- wiped out the once 50 strong PvP guild I'm in.

Yes true.. well you beat the game you beat the game.... :eek: my point is why go to ilum in the first place, why not set up an opps and do something diferent for a change.. people in the in mmos used to be inventive. Now are just mindless player drones. that was my point to begin with.

Open pvp is dead because the comunity deemed so. And true the open pvp system it is not working. But if ppl look for it like the old way.

the gw2 might have a better system by looking for it, but if players dont go for it and prefer pve, it would be dead all the same...

Im not saying that open world pvp in swtor is good. it is not, there isnt incentives and good and easy system for players to get into in the first place. but it is nothing that from a litle efort coulndt get fixed. That thread was a just example.

what stoping you from going pvping for fun somewhere else taht is not ilum? Edited by Spartanik

Yes true.. well you beat the game you beat the game.... :eek: my point is why go to ilum in the first place, why not set up an opps and do something diferent for a change.. people in the in mmos used to be inventive. Now are just mindless player drones. that was my point to begin with.

Going somewhere else to camp a base? It's the same thing only that you have to w8 much longer! Looking for players in at their quest spots can took you hours.. lol

Face it.. There is noting here as much as i want to be different.. :(

Going somewhere else to camp a base? It's the same thing only that you have to w8 much longer! Looking for players in at their quest spots can took you hours.. lol

Face it.. There is noting here as much as i want to be different.. :(

yeah im not saying camping a base , that is the problem why games like swtor or ultima online dont work anymore ( that system). No one get an opps together to beat the campers anymore, o to do soemthing anymore. That is you can have all the open world pvp games you want if the game it is not design for that purpuse mainly, then it wont work in the first place.

swtor it wasnt design to be focused on open world pvp. if you didnt know that before buying the game... then it is your fault. that doesnt mean however that open world pvp cant happen at all. just saying.

GW2 shows promise in that regard. But i wouldnt be too hasty calling it a winner though.

Edited by Spartanik

yeah im not saying camping a base , that is the problem why games like swtor or ultima online dont work anymore ( that system). No one get an opps together to beat the campers anymore, o to do soemthing anymore. That is you can have all the open world pvp games you want if the game it is not design for that purpuse mainly, then it wont work in the first place.

swtor it wasnt design to be focused on open world pvp. if you didnt know that before buying the game... then it is your fault. that doesnt mean however that open world pvp cant happen at all. just saying.

GW2 shows promise in that regard. But i wouldnt be too hasty calling it a winner though.

Yes i am w8ing GW2, but i don't see any reason why BioWare don't build world PvP and keep players here!

Fanboy? me? lol i coulndt care less for open world pvp as i roll in a pve server so no.

But from my Experience, im just stating the obvious... if you take the efort to do open world pvp there will be some. If you are just waiting for it to happen... then you can wait for ever... you reap what you sow.

So stop whining and the QQ already.

true to that.

And i care why? lol so you telling me to get a life? and are asking for an even harder and chalenging game? news flash i have one that is why i dont have the time for more chalenging and complex and grindy mmo. maybe you should rethink you life then.

Oh okay mister pve guy, tell us more how pvp works... Anything else you no nothing about that you would like to speak on?

Oh okay mister pve guy, tell us more how pvp works... Anything else you no nothing about that you would like to speak on?

.... so because i rolled on a pve server cant i pvp? or roll in other servers?

lol stop trolling man.

All im saying is people this days dont look for it. they want all right there and easy.

Edited by Spartanik

.... so because i rolled on a pve server cant i pvp? or roll in other servers?

lol stop trolling man.

All im saying is people this days dont look for it. they want all right there and easy.

And I guess there is a ton of world pvp rocking on your pve server huh?

No, so don't come in here trolling talking about ppl want something easy...your part of the problem, there is no incentive or even reason for world pvp... Not to mention faction imbalances... And have you not been to ilum, even if ppl show up to pvp. It's a lag fest...

Once again your not world pvping so don't pretend you are... Thus trolling the man whose making an accurate post... Hell name me a place where the two factions even hang out near one another in the broken game? My server is so lop sided republics avoid ilum like the plague...

PvP in swtor is not fun so much as it is annoying, and somewhat of a let down. Not the "Ohh I can't kill you annoying." But more like "Damn this is one of the worst concepts for pvp in a game." I was hoping PvP would be more interesting more challenging.. Fun. It's not.

Most people know this but are too caught up in enjoying the unbalances of the classes / game. Open world pvp could be fun. This game / the powers that be, are not PvP savy. One day things will get better as we all hope, but that day won't come soon enough.

It's frustrating that the issues with PvP in general especially open world PvP weren't better handled / focused on before launch.

You can do the ilum daily right when the quest resets and everyone go there.

The rest of the day Ilum is completly dead, you try to go to mid to maybe get some armaments, but there are around 10 imperials there farming them already, so you ask if there is any ops or people want to join one.

But theres noone around for the rest of the day. The second people finish their daily, they're off, Ilum is a boring place, theres nothing to do there except daily, there is nothing you have to protect or capture that actually means something.

Yes true.. well you beat the game you beat the game.... :eek:

Rediculous huh. An MMO you can complete is bad enough but one you can complete in two to three months? Madness.

my point is why go to ilum in the first place, why not set up an opps and do something diferent for a change.. people in the in mmos used to be inventive. Now are just mindless player drones. that was my point to begin with.

The first reason for going there was to have Guild Warband vs Zerg fights like we used to enjoy in Warhammer Online. It quickly became apparent that we couldn't have them with most of the guild trying to play at between 1 and 10FPS. It's hard enough turning the camera without vomiting, let alone keeping tight, staying in guard range, bombing on the leader and applying CC where and when it matters most.

Seeing as we aren't mindless drones, we went to Outlaws den but found nobody there. (I often go back to farm the Merc comms and the most I've seen is two players. Two players vs our Guild warband? Now that is mindless)

Open pvp is dead because the comunity deemed so. And true the open pvp system it is not working. But if ppl look for it like the old way.

the gw2 might have a better system by looking for it, but if players dont go for it and prefer pve, it would be dead all the same...

Im not saying that open world pvp in swtor is good. it is not, there isnt incentives and good and easy system for players to get into in the first place. but it is nothing that from a litle efort coulndt get fixed. That thread was a just example.

what stoping you from going pvping for fun somewhere else taht is not ilum?

The best we could come up with was arranging for 8v8 fights with other guilds. That's nice for 8 out of the 50 guild members but it's not ORvR. That's why we came here and as this was not supported by BioWare that's why we left. There are still one of two online each day trying to get their last pieces of BM but after the dailys are done can we get WB vs WB or WB vs Zerg fights like we used to in older, less funded games? No I'm afraid we can't.

Edited by Finreal

FYI there's a solid reason.

Hardcore pvpers are a tiny minority of the MMO playerbase.

MMO developers want to make money, not make the hardcore pvp niche happy.