The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New build for 16 man raiding

Eroex

Based on the fact that Juggernaut's Sundering Assault, Mercenary's tracer missile, and Snipers Shatter shot stacks to the point where boss armor is reduced to basically 0.

Here is the new build I'm thinking about running.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMZfhrbzGhrs.1

Any thoughts or objections?

I don't see a reason at all to keep points in puncture since the armor is already zero, you still have super heated rail to reduce the armor by 30%, why not increase aim by 9%?

Edited by Eroex

Well TD could be quite ineffiecent in PVE agaisnt bosses as doesn't allow a chance to Railshot to reset.

I'd still go for http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMZfGbbzGhM.1

Better sustained damage agaisnt high health enemies.

You miss out on the prototype cylinders and hot iron if you don't take it.

Edited by The_Beastwood

Well TD could be quite ineffiecent in PVE agaisnt bosses as doesn't allow a chance to Railshot to reset.

I'd still go for http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMZfGbbzGhM.1

Better sustained damage agaisnt high health enemies.

You miss out on the prototype cylinders and hot iron if you don't take it.

Its actually not, you just replace 1 flame burst with 1 TD, instead of a maybe railshot proc you get a guaranteed thermal det. When the boss is at 0 armor TD hits for a lot.

Edited by Eroex

Yeah it isn't really but you require quite a few points to get TD it isn't like the armor debuff is always on a boss especially on that does something other than just attack. And you still are spamming Flame Burst more often.

With a lot of thermal sensor overrides you probably still will be in good levels on heat I guess.

Definatly not a bad idea though, in a 16 man group you would still have to make sure you have all the three classes you mentioned and hopefully they will use it.

Snipers sometimes have to be told to use it unlike Jugs who use their armor debuff as a main attack. Snipers' armor debuff is only used for the sake of debuffing armor.

Yeah it isn't really but you require quite a few points to get TD it isn't like the armor debuff is always on a boss especially on that does something other than just attack. And you still are spamming Flame Burst more often.

With a lot of thermal sensor overrides you probably still will be in good levels on heat I guess.

Definatly not a bad idea though, in a 16 man group you would still have to make sure you have all the three classes you mentioned and hopefully they will use it.

Snipers sometimes have to be told to use it unlike Jugs who use their armor debuff as a main attack. Snipers' armor debuff is only used for the sake of debuffing armor.

Yea the debuff will have a nearly 100% up time, if they dont they will be kicked from the raid. If they dont want to increase their own damage as well as every one else in the raid they arent worth bringing. If the debuff is on there you are wasting multiple points with your spec

you are wasting 3 points in rail shot to get 3% crit and 6% more damage on flame burst.

If you get rid of those and pick up thermal over ride, and burn out, you will gain DPS through burnout on bosses and you will still have 3% crit.

You guys are talking about people doing the wrong thing. I don't deal with people that don't know their class.

I'm pretty sure you can be 0/0/0 spec and complete normal mode. I only deal with nightmare mode content.

Edited by Eroex