Bioware Let the Players Help you

ebreezyman

I don't understand why you guys can't just open mods?? Let the players who devote hours of their time and could make good mods for this game do it. It would take all the labor of most of the things people cry about off your shoulders. You could then focus on what you guys are obviously best at, progression in the story and whatnot. Edited by ebreezyman

Put my vote down for DO NOT WANT EM IN GAME. EVER.

I agree certain one's shouldn't be allowed such as a dps meter. But if they allowed certain well known modder's to go crazy with say the auction house. Imagine how much easier it would be for them to pursue other things.

Or the fact that its a serious undertaking to allow them, possibly even requiring changes to the engine?

It's not like its a toggle switch.

Well, of course, but it should have been baked in from the start... not an act of congress to retrofit.

The OP is right... players can solve alot of the UI issues that are going on if they had the right tools, and BioWare could focus on the heavy lifting of other stuff.

As I have said in the past... I would much rather the designers work to make a game UI that covers what some people want to do than allow any idiot to make mods.

In my oppinion Mods are no better than cross server partys... sure it makes the game easier but it damages the comunity. Both are things I would rather not see.

As I have said in the past... I would much rather the designers work to make a game UI that covers what some people want to do than allow any idiot to make mods.

The developers can not ever account for all of the ways players will play the game in an MMO. They just can't, and it's a waste of time if they try. The also don't play the game as much as the players do.

It's 100% the right thing to do to put the UI in the hands of the players.

In my oppinion Mods are no better than cross server partys... sure it makes the game easier but it damages the comunity. Both are things I would rather not see.

People that say things like this truly don't understand what mods are and are not capable of doing.

I don't understand why you guys can't just open mods?? Let the players who devote hours of their time and could make good mods for this game do it. It would take all the labor of most of the things people cry about off your shoulders. You could then focus on what you guys are obviously best at, progression in the story and whatnot.

While I support the notion of addons, and was a definite healbot addict in WoW, I can understand BW not allowing this right off the bat. The game is brand new and you have to worry about your own bugs and such and probably don't want to be distracted by what addons can do and how they might affect game. I do think however, at some point in the future, BW should allow them.

Add-ons can not carry trojans. CAN NOT.

They are not excutables, and that is one of the reasons... of course that's just a problem for the Windows suckers anyway.

Edited by Lethality

NO.

NO.

NO.

The day outside mods come to this game I WILL QUIT. Mods ruined WoW. Every encounter started being built around the idea that you would have a boss meter telling you where to stand and what to do. The auction house was flooded with bots who repost 1 copper lower than you the *second* you put an item up for auction.

And that's not even getting into all of the quest helpers that shortcut leveling, the PVP mods that have completely destroyed balance by telling people which target to kill (Healers Must Die) and all of the garbage "ability helpers" that play player's rotations for them.

Oh and because this is literally the only rebuttal people ever have, no I'm not some baddie: seriously, mods are THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO AN MMO.

-

And no, they can never be "optional", as soon as there is a tool that makes some part of the game easier, you are forced to take it. That means that suddenly there isn't a level playing field anymore. The players who can get their hands on a mod that breaks the game (and there will ALWAYS be a mod that does something unintended) get an advantage until it is patched away. Again and again, the people who cheat, exploit and utilize these 3rd party mods are given an advantage, while everyone else is forced to use the mods because they increase player power.

Add-ons can not carry trojans. CAN NOT.

They are not excutables, and that is one of the reasons... of course that's just a problem for the Windows suckers anyway.

Oh god....dude do you really not understand that the executable need not be in the addon itself? Barring that do you know how easy it is to place a network worm in a addon?

And those don't discriminate so even you Penguin heads can be affected.

Why is it that every kid that downloads a red-hat distro thinks he's Neo or some crap? :rolleyes: