Anyone else tired of patch notes being wrong?

Zeebie

Even more fun when they say they fixed a bug that wasn't even there UNTIL they say they've fixed it.

Ever since 1.1, My companions Kira Karson's "Freeze" ability toggles back on whenever she's summoned. Never happened before that patch. In that patch notes?

•Companion abilities that have been disabled by the player no longer toggle back on when the companion is re-summoned.

LIES. We're ADDING this bug just to F you over.

You are apparently not in software development because that happens a lot. It is just that in most other circumstances, the time between releases is long enough that "bug fixes that don't fix the bug" are discovered to be incomplete before released. It is called "Shotgun Surgery" because you end up having to fix a certain bug in several areas of the code before it actually fully resolves.

You are apparently not in software development because that happens a lot. It is just that in most other circumstances, the time between releases is long enough that "bug fixes that don't fix the bug" are discovered to be incomplete before released. It is called "Shotgun Surgery" because you end up having to fix a certain bug in several areas of the code before it actually fully resolves.

This, and the state of the PTS doesnt help matters any.

Those patch notes could be right in that they fixed it for 100% of the people on the PTS, but since there are sooooo many more on live, it didn't fix it for all of them.

Not sure if any of that was directed to me. I'm ok if it takes them several tries to actually fix something.

It's when they break something that wasn't broken and claim it as a fix that irritates me... and in the month+ since haven't even apparently made an attempt to refix it. Or even simply revert their original breakage.

Or heck, admit that they broke something that was fine in the first place other than their automated "we'll forward this to the correct department".

It's when they break something that wasn't broken and claim it as a fix that irritates me... and in the month+ since haven't even apparently made an attempt to refix it. Or even simply revert their original breakage..

That is probably a hold-over from build notes. I've been in situations where a fix for one bug introduced another bug, then when that new bug was fixed (which may not have been fully fixed), it is still put in the build notes (in part to inform Q&A and/or project managers), and the build notes are used to build the patch notes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.