too many bared midriffs

thewatcheruatu

Hate me if you will, but I find a lot of the light female Force armor in this game to be really annoying. For example, the Traditional Demicot Vestments shown here: http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o616/KarysMaidin/swtortraditionaldemicot.jpg

That piece--to me--looks so much better with the sleeves and waist band than with the midriff and bared arms.

I realize this is largely a matter of taste. Just saying, a lot of the orange sets are like this, so it's a little disappointing to me.

They aren't to my taste (look kinda silly IMHO), but I can see the appeal and I don't mind there being such pieces in the game. What I do mind is that the female versions are like that while the male versions are not. I was browsing the GTN on my male JC and saw the Aspiring Knight's Vest, and it looked so awesome I wanted it for my female character. Needless to say I was disappointed when I tried it on her and found half the fabric had mysteriously vanished.

Instead of an item being cutoff on females and giving full coverage on males, it should just be two different items, one that is cutoff on both genders and one that is full-coverage on both genders.

Edited by Gwena

It all depends on the character. My main carries around a chestpiece with the same graphic as the Knight chestpiece from Tython Commendations . . . makes her look gladiatorial, while another character covers up with a leather jacket.

However, most seem to be asking to broaden the options to include more of both. More options are good imo.

It all depends on the character. My main carries around a chestpiece with the same graphic as the Knight chestpiece from Tython Commendations . . . makes her look gladiatorial, while another character covers up with a leather jacket.

However, most seem to be asking to broaden the options to include more of both. More options are good imo.

Right, I'd be fine with more options. All I'm saying is that a lot of the moddable pieces on the Empire side in particular seem to favor the bared midriff, and that's especially frustrating when you think the piece, itself, looks amazing in the full version as displayed on male characters.

I don't know what the solution is. Maybe an A and B version of the same schematic.

Fashion police. Wear want you want, but let others wear what they want. I honestly believe we need more of the bare and less of the long cumbersome cover-it-all-up clothing.

Well, that's kind of my problem. The armor I want is in game. I just can't wear it because I've got a female avatar.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

Male Body Type 4, thats all i'm saying, eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

And I say, people can just deal with it. :p

If I have to deal with rainbow Troopers, the Silly Hat Brigade, Superhero-wannabes and slave girls, I'm sure those with delicate sensibilities and/or highly tuned fashion senses can deal with bulky male characters with their torsos partially exposed. It isn't as though Bioware gave them any actual fat rolls, anyway. xD

Two versions of the gear would give more choice and not take away any options. People who like the cutoff tops can wear them on any character, and people who don't can wear the full version on any character. Everyone wins. :) (well except people like that fellow I quoted, I guess)

Edited by Gwena

I wonder. If I had to place money on it, I'd say that female players prefer the less revealing outfits...or at least prefer them in smaller proportion to male players. Just a guess, though.

and, for example, take Black Widow's outfit in the Marvel movies . . . covers her from neck on down completely. Far more sexy than many outfits that reveal more skin. (Same thing for, say, the Baroness, Dahlink)

Instead of an item being cutoff on females and giving full coverage on males, it should just be two different items, one that is cutoff on both genders and one that is full-coverage on both genders.

I absolutely agree. I'm not opposed to bare skin, but I don't like when female and male options are so disparate.