Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

the 'bubble' is overpowered, nerf it!

Vambro

Ok, I am being very sarcastic here, but I have read too many people bashing the 'bubble' when I fail to see those same people seeing that the 'bubble' is used on OTHER people on your team.

Any comparisons in damage mitigation need to include ALL classes as ALL classes can be bubbled and thereby reap the benefits of the damage mitigation included in this ability. I play a sorc and my priority is to bubble my team and then myself...I bubble myself when someone wants to play with me and hurt my feelings, in other words come to kill me.

I am a strong advocate of not nerfing sorc as I don't come into wz's to be on the stat board, I come in with a team and the focus of the team should be to win as a team. As mentioned in other threads, the extremes we are seeing would make you lose the match.

I also PVE to work on gearing up and the stance approach people are coming up with would not allow me to level up effectively, so we have to think about both the impact to PVP and PVE.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am being very sarcastic here, but I have read too many people bashing the 'bubble' when I fail to see those same people seeing that the 'bubble' is used on OTHER people on your team.

Any comparisons in damage mitigation need to include ALL classes as ALL classes can be bubbled and thereby reap the benefits of the damage mitigation included in this ability. I play a sorc and my priority is to bubble my team and then myself...I bubble myself when someone wants to play with me and hurt my feelings, in other words come to kill me.

I am a strong advocate of not nerfing sorc as I don't come into wz's to be on the stat board, I come in with a team and the focus of the team should be to win as a team. As mentioned in other threads, the extremes we are seeing would make you lose the match.

I also PVE to work on gearing up and the stance approach people are coming up with would not allow me to level up effectively, so we have to think about both the impact to PVP and PVE.

what's really funny is the bubble is usually 1 shot by any decently geared player, so anything but a "pre bubble" is basically just a traded global CD.

Not understanding your logic where if everyone can benefit from it, then it is overpowered. Like everyone has a weapon, so it must be overpowered.

Spamming it, as you say is controlled by the cooldown on being able to apply it again to the same person.

Most skills, even crits, do not pop a 3.2k+ bubble.

Another Sorc myth.

But you've already admitted you are a terrible player. You don't know how to play your class, and thus think the other class that beats you should be nerfed. It's weird how other Marauders/Sentinels have no problems with sorcs, whether heals or dps, yet you have this immense trouble with just taking a bubble down.

what's really funny is the bubble is usually 1 shot by any decently geared player, so anything but a "pre bubble" is basically just a traded global CD.

It's a GCD traded before they matter. And, from my POV, it's not the bubble that's OP. It's Force Speed + AoE KB/Root + channeled attack that slows + self-heals + Bubble that's the issue.

Another Sorc myth.

Load of crap, lol. I have never seen that bubble absorb more then a decent hit. Actually. 99% of the time, one attack is more then enough to break through it with damage left over.

Either all you people are just horribly geared or I'm the only Valor 71 guy in this game.. who has no issue with Sorcs at all.

Another Sorc myth.

considering every class pulls off at least 1K dps at medicore gears means a bubble will survive an AVERAGE of two GCDs at most.

For geared players? even less.

using one GCD to trade for 2 GCDs of survival?! o.m.g. overpowered.

DOUBLE bubble? but that's like 6 seconds man! i can't deal with that!

Not understanding your logic where if everyone can benefit from it, then it is overpowered. Like everyone has a weapon, so it must be overpowered.

Spamming it, as you say is controlled by the cooldown on being able to apply it again to the same person.

It is too powerful, regardless of whether you can use it on everyone else and regardless of the lockout cooldown - at all times someone in range is likely eligible to be bubbled.

I am going to use hyperbole here - if Operatives had a instant cast 10k heal with no cooldown, would it not be overpowered since all classes could benefit from being healed by it?

But you've already admitted you are a terrible player. You don't know how to play your class, and thus think the other class that beats you should be nerfed. It's weird how other Marauders/Sentinels have no problems with sorcs, whether heals or dps, yet you have this immense trouble with just taking a bubble down.

Wow you people are bad at flaming today.

Wow you people are bad at flaming today.

I am a geared Sentinel, the class with possibly the most interrupts and the best chance 1v1.

I cannot kill a geared healing Sorc in a purely 1v1 scenario. Not even close. Don't give me this "just interrupt and CC!" garbage. The Sorc can CC too. And once everything is on cooldown you're stuck watching them heal. They have too much escapability.

Next will be the "learn to play your class" nonsense. Whatever. We all know the truth.

Your words, not mine.

Wow... I didn't realize this thing was on a 4 second cooldown until I did some research after reading this thread... And they can reapply it to that target every 20 seconds...

Holy crap that is seriously overpowered... Can't they at least make it so you can't reapply it to that target for 2 minutes.. like other defensive cooldowns?

Edited by Mcfondles

considering every class pulls off at least 1K dps at medicore gears means a bubble will survive an AVERAGE of two GCDs at most.

For geared players? even less.

using one GCD to trade for 2 GCDs of survival?! o.m.g. overpowered.

DOUBLE bubble? but that's like 6 seconds man! i can't deal with that!

1K DPS doesn't mean every second you are doing 1K damage...

It means over an average time you did 1K DPS.

You can't claim the bubble protects for X GCDs because you don't know how the damage is being dealt.

1K DPS doesn't mean every second you are doing 1K damage...

It means over an average time you did 1K DPS.

You can't claim the bubble protects for X GCDs because you don't know how the damage is being dealt.

That's actually exactly what it means. Damage per second. 1000 damage per second. In one second, you did 1000 damage. In 2 seconds, you did 2000 damage.

I'd like you to provide a video of someone killing a geared healing Sorc who doesn't suck in a 1v1 situation.

Any class. Go ahead.

Because I just have videos of 1v1's vs healing sorcs at my disposal.

Like, Tumri doesn't even have a problem with killing healing sorcs.

Edited by TetraCleric

That's actually exactly what it means. Damage per second. 1000 damage per second. In one second, you did 1000 damage. In 2 seconds, you did 2000 damage.

Yes, that's averaged over a larger span of time. Every ability does not deal 1.5k every global cooldown.

I mean, you know this, right?

Edited by EternalFinality

Because I just have videos of 1v1's vs healing sorcs at my disposal.

Like, Tumri doesn't even have a problem with killing healing sorcs.

If you're going to claim that a Sentinel should be able to kill a healing Sorc 1v1 no problems or they're "bad" then you obviously have some proof, right? I mean, you wouldn't just be talking out your *** or anything, right?

Edited by EternalFinality

Yes, that's over a larger span of time. Every ability does not deal 1.5k every global cooldown.

I mean, you know this, right?

Of course I know that. But DPS specifically means damage per second. That counts multiple abilities hitting over a span of time. Such that if you reduce it to a single second, you did 1000 damage. I didn't once mention that it was one ability doing this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.