Jumping down high places: Fade to black?

einark

Why is there a fade to black thing when you jump down from somewhere high? It's the lamest thing I've ever seen and just takes away from the game. It has no logical reason for being there. Please remove it. I want to jump down to my death when I'm up high somewhere because it's fun.

People, please help in removing this thing.

Einar Kuusk.

I guess you have never jumped off from a high place before. You tend to fade to black when you die. I know, been there a few times. No, there is no light at the end of a tunnel. Just a simple fade to black.

Honestly, I would rather they just add in hysterical screaming and fill the screen up with a red edge glow, and then you hear this immense "CRRAAACC***Ksplut". Then you wake up in the bacta tank.

Edited by Frigidman

But why not just let us fall to our deaths and give the same possibility of going to the medcenter?

I just jumped down from a cool spot on Hoth and it faded to black before I reached to the ground. It's lame and it needs to be removed so we can see our character hit the ground.

This fade to black thing just doesn't make ANY sense and doesn't do any good for the game.

Edited by einark

Why is there a fade to black thing when you jump down from somewhere high? It's the lamest thing I've ever seen and just takes away from the game. It has no logical reason for being there. Please remove it. I want to jump down to my death when I'm up high somewhere because it's fun.

People, please help in removing this thing.

Einar Kuusk.

Because you aren't going to survive the fall, and it's faster and easier to simply respawn you at the nearest med center. That way you don't have to also click to respawn at the med center. Besides, isn't it fun to listen to the scream as the screen goes black?

Oh, and not everyplace has something to fall on, some just keep going and going and going.

Edited by terminova

Because you aren't going to survive the fall, and it's faster and easier to simply respawn you at the nearest med center. That way you don't have to also click to respawn at the med center. Besides, isn't it fun to listen to the scream as the screen goes black?

You need to be able to jump down from high places and see the whole trip falling down there. It's like a big minigame for alot of people playing mmo's. It doesn't make sense to remove this thing. Show us the whole falling and landing, for the love of god.

You need to be able to jump down from high places and see the whole trip falling down there. It's like a big minigame for alot of people playing mmo's. It doesn't make sense to remove this thing. Show us the whole falling and landing, for the love of god.

There might not be something to actually land on and/or they don't want you down there.

Edited by terminova

There might not be something to actually land on and/or they don't want you down there.

Unfortunately the truth.

They didn't design the planets in full seamless fashion. Each area is canned up, and areas you are not supposed to be, are simply untextured, and unfinished voids in graphical lala land. Fading to black actually IS good for the game, otherwise people would be seeing smearing, clipping, voids in graphical walls, and all kinds of broken nonsense (which to me, pulls a person out of a game and into their seat, more then a fade to black).

Back in beta it used to be this way. You'd jump off and fall all the way down to your death, not dying until you hit the ground below you. After that, you'd just hit respawn to nearest med center (it wouldn't allow you to spawn in place) and you'd go about your merry way. Not really sure why they changed it for launch.

It's this, actually.

I was on Balmorra exploring and at one point, I hopped about two inches down to what I thought was a nice, safe piece of ground. We're talking less distance than you can hop up in the air here.

Bioware apparently thought the only way you got there was a long fatal fall. Cue the black screen, scream, medcenter time!

If there's actually something to land on, you'll take the plunge- and go splat. If there's nothing actually there in the server architecture to be landing on, it blackscreens you and sends you to a medcenter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.