Good Duo partner?

ElevenBfour

Asking you Scoundrels out here what class you think compliments you best? Finally convinced my wife to play (YaY!!). She's bent on rolling a Stealth like toon. I told her that a Scoundrel fit that best as fast as a Rogue like play style (correct me if I'm wrong plz). She played a Rogue in WoW and always likes that type of gameplay.

My main is a Vanguard, I have no other alts atm.

Does your wife want to be a DPS sco or a Healer Sco?

In PvE,

If DPS as Scrapper, her partner should be tankie class, so she can stay behind target back all of the time to max out her-dps potential.

If DPS as a Dirty Fighting, her partner can be any class.

If healing, any class (except another healer) would be compatible with her.

In PvP, 2 healers would be an invincible mode. 1 healer+DPSor just 2 DPS is also not a bad choice.

Assuming you are looking to create an alt to level with her, it is going to be dependent on the skill trees she takes in my opinion.

If she skills into the Sawbones heals, then she has a tank companion straight off the bat with Corso Riggs, so one of the DPS classes would be good.

I would suggest a ranged DPS type - Commando if you do not mind going through the Trooper storyline twice, or a DPS Sage if you want to try something different (this also gives you a melee tank as your first companion).

Another vanguard might be an option - you can then tank, she heals, Aric Jorgan DPSes.

If she does not want to heal, either a healing Commando or a healing Sage would be good depending on whether you want to see the Trooper storyline twice.

If you go with the Trooper archetype, you can group from level 1, but the starter planet does not take too long so waiting until Coruscant to group might not be too much of a problem.

If your wife wants to play a rogue-like class she can roll Shadow(Counselor) or Scoundrel(Smuggler)

The Shadow gets a tank companion to start with and the smuggler also gets a tank. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

If your wife goes Smuggler (Scoundrel) then she'll at least have 2 heals but she wont get a healing companion until her mid 40's

If you wife goes Shadow, then she doesn't get her own heals but will gain a healing companion in her early 20's.

Shadow is Tank/DPS and Scoundrel is Healer/DPS all the stealth classes are primarily melee.

EDIT:

Btw, Shadow + Scoundrel as a duo team is really awesome leveling, flashpoints, heroics, everything and it's very very easy for her to put a few points 2 up to 11 points in sawbones and still do great damage with Sucker punch/backblast as she's leveling up.

If it was me and my gf had wanted to play a scoundrel, I'd have rolled a Shadow for sure.

Edited by Merk-aba

It all depends on personal likings, but I'm just loving ranged tanks(:o). So If I had a chance to choose whom to team up with as my sawbones - I'd pick up a vanguard for me. But if you need a glowstick user - it's a shadow, yes.

Just know that shadows are easier to play then scoundrels.

Rogue and scoundrel is not really the same, rogue had alot more tools in wow.

Scoundrel is an awsome class however. The shotgun animation alone makes it the coolest class in the game for a dps class.

Shadow is a great class though as well.

Assuming you are looking to create an alt to level with her, it is going to be dependent on the skill trees she takes in my opinion.

If she skills into the Sawbones heals, then she has a tank companion straight off the bat with Corso Riggs, so one of the DPS classes would be good.

I would suggest a ranged DPS type - Commando if you do not mind going through the Trooper storyline twice, or a DPS Sage if you want to try something different (this also gives you a melee tank as your first companion).

Another vanguard might be an option - you can then tank, she heals, Aric Jorgan DPSes.

If she does not want to heal, either a healing Commando or a healing Sage would be good depending on whether you want to see the Trooper storyline twice.

If you go with the Trooper archetype, you can group from level 1, but the starter planet does not take too long so waiting until Coruscant to group might not be too much of a problem.

Nahh, if he wants to reroll he should roll Shadow. Nothing else.

It compliments in every area, as shadow can do very high damage, and be able to tank, and have stealth.

I like Jedi Guardians

Another stealth class takes away from my glory.

Plus nothing beats having guard on you and dpsing the **** out of people as they spend all their time trying to tool on the tank. Heck he doesn't even have to be tank specced.