Remove MVP and stop rewarding people who do the most damage!

kanechart

Most people give their MvP vote to the person who is at the top of the list, which is the person who earned the most medals by default. The problem with the medals is that they are awarded for being more diverse as opposed to quantity. So if I heal 100k and someone else heals 10k for example, we might both get the healing medal, no difference, same with damage, capping 4 balls in Huttball and capping 1, etc.

Hmm no...I get more then one medal from Dmg, I think its 75k first medal and then 300k the second one.

Might be the same with healing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my vote usually goes to the healer 1st, protector 2nd.

as for huttball, the Passers are just are important as the Scorer.

same for people who CC for the other guy to score.

and i cant keep an eye out for every assist or cc someone gives.

so i vote for the healer again :p

Edited by Apollonel

• 1 month later...
Is there any tangible reward for the player with the most MVP votes? Or is it just for recognition?

You get a small valor/commendation bonus per vote you receive.

Btw. to the person who wrote that it's rare to use "that skill" (for protection), it's not, if I play my tank I get protection all the time even if I don't actively guard someone (e.g. when I'm guarding a node) because the pvp effect of the taunt skill also counts toward it.

Hi, I'm a Sniper.

Damage is the only thing I do.

If I do more than anyone else, I'm doing my job. If that doesn't earn me MVP votes, something's wrong.

This is a very one-sided view. Often it's much more important to do little damage against specific targets. E.g when defending a door, even a sniper is much more valuable when he's cycling through the three people trying to place a bomb than when he's sniping at only one of them, doing loads of damage but not preventing the cap. Similarly in Huttball, damage is often not that important when standing in a good position for a pass could win your team the match, and so on.

it's one commendation, that's an extra bag of champion commendations every 200 matches if you get 4 mvps a match, but after that many matches at level 50 you'll probably be battlemaster anyway so commendations are now not needed for gear, extra heal consumables mean that much to you?

I don't know why people pretend that if I do top damage, I'm some how chasing kills instead of doing objectives. Have you ever considered that maybe someone is so much better than you are that they can deal high damage without having to chase kills?

This. Also did you consider that you probably wouldnt have made it to the goal without a damage dealer either distracting or killing people chasing you? Just because you carried it over, doesnt necessarily make you the most important member of the team.

Some people like myself also just vote for the top healer, or someone who healed them when they needed it, since they get screwed in medals but tanks and DPS dont.

I'm sick and tired for example hut ball and I would score 3 times and no one else on our side would score and etc etc.. 0 MVP points and like 3-4 points given to the ******e who goes around chasing people not even playing... LIKE ***?

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBad.

I have scored every point in a win and gotten almost no medals and 0 MVP votes. Damage is important in every WZ people that act like it isnt are dumb.

Just ask yourself what more important to you winning or getting MVP votes and medals?

Seperate from your points I would agree that the MVP system is stupid. Its usually just a vote for my friend or some random person vote.

This is a very one-sided view. Often it's much more important to do little damage against specific targets. E.g when defending a door, even a sniper is much more valuable when he's cycling through the three people trying to place a bomb than when he's sniping at only one of them, doing loads of damage but not preventing the cap. Similarly in Huttball, damage is often not that important when standing in a good position for a pass could win your team the match, and so on.

I have plenty of AoE to stop caps; cycling through targets just lowers my overall damage output, destroys my energy regen and makes it easy for healers to ignore my damage.

If my team is passing to me, something went horribly wrong. I have no means of defending myself or advancing the ball and am useless if focused. No, I'm much better off using my damage to clear people from the ramps and keep them away from the carrier.

Most games i end with 400k+ dmg and around 9-10 medals. I ALWAYS say " Please do not vote for me, vote for your healers/protectors/objective doers" Because i feel all those medals already are giving me so much commendations and valor why not help the guy who worked for it and was less fortunate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.