Surge Formula is here

Rendolphe

I removed the 0 - 0 because I tried to compare to log function. So Yes this formula is not good at 0 surge rating guys.

My problem here is any decent geared lvl 50 will find this formula very usefull, but folks are easy to judge without using it. Let's say this formula is good for a range (40 to 650 sur rating).

Thank for the constructive comment about the range.

Nice, I applaud people working hard and giving to the community. Though I would hardly call 3 data points a valid approxiation.

My advice is don't reinvent the wheel, the people at sithwarrior.com worked hard to retrieve the data from the source code. Use the formula they pulled out. It's exact and easier to calculate.

P.S. Shouldn't the 0th degree (1,19672449) be 50

Edited by Orangerascal

Ok I change the formula to please the folks that don't like the 0.

Critical multiplier = 4,97336350E-13*Surge_rating^5 - 1,07064929E-09*Surge_rating^4 + 1,00775921E-06*Surge_rating^3 - 5,52771361E-04*Surge_rating^2 + 1,84279038E-01*Surge_rating + 0

The surge base at lvl 50 is 50%. This is the formula for the direct critical multiplier from the surge rating without the 50% base and other class bonus.

You can compare this new formula to : http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/01/when-is-too-much-surge-bad-for-digestion/

BTW add a flat 50% like the other one made ;P

Edited by Rendolphe

Thank god for the leeroy jenkins of the world. How anyone can care about such things is beyond me. Stats suck the fun out of gaming.

Well you should use your brain sometimes and especially since they nerf the surge.

The best exemple is my sorcerer. After the patch, when I pop the battlemaster relic (Critical/surge) I gain only aprox: 2.5% of critical multiplayer. I got a very big diminushing return because I stack the surge on my gear.

After doing few test I come to conclusion to use my power relic and keep an eye on my surge rating to optimize my dps in WZ.

You can call this a waste of time, but I found this time investment pretty usefull comparing somebody who continue to pop crit/surge relic with a big surge rating.

But it's not your fault because you are a Republican. :p

Edited by Rendolphe