I have the solution for Marauder PvP woes(Anyone who has been knocked/pulled)Read ->

Ballfro

Ok, so I've been trying to figure out the best solution to the issue of being knocked around and pulled around like a rag doll in War zones. Those of you who play this class know exactly what i'm talking about. While I agree to a point that a force push would be nice or our own knock-back, it doesn't really fit our class play style. However, keeping the play style of staying on our foes as much as possible here is my solution.

New Skill:

Hard as Nails- The Marauder becomes hard as nails, making him immune to knock-backs or pull's. This ability is an instant cast, and last for 5 seconds. The cool down on this ability is 20 seconds. May be used while incompacitated.

If not a new skill, then maybe add this ability to the end of our Force Charge, meaning you charge in, and for the next 4-5 seconds you cannot be knocked back or pulled. Anything to avoid what is currently happening to us in Warzones, specifically Huttball.

The part some might disagree on is the may be used while incompacitated. This is tricky, but necessary because a lot of times you charge someone and immediately get choked, or stunned and they wait until that's almost over before they push or knock you back. This would allow us to use this while being stunned so that we can avoid the evident knock-back coming our way.

I am currently a Rank 51 Valor Marauder in full Champion gear, and I think our class holds it's own, but the knock-backs and pull's make us completely useless in a lot of instances in War zones. I also feel that no other class suffers from this more then we do because of our lack of ranged abilities. Once we are knocked away, if we have used our charge, we are at a complete disadvantage that no other class faces. I am all about balance in this game, and I think this would round things out a bit from a Marauder standpoint.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Ballfro

I am currently a Rank 51 Valor Marauder in full Champion gear, and I think our class holds it's own, but the knock-backs and pull's make us completely useless in a lot of instances in War zones. I also feel that no other class suffers from this more then we do because of our lack of ranged abilities. Once we are knocked away, if we have used our charge, we are at a complete disadvantage that no other class faces. I am all about balance in this game, and I think this would round things out a bit from a Marauder standpoint. ?

Problem no other class faces? Go play an operative(dps) or assassin that isn't atleast 21 points into the tank tree and see how you feel about knock backs.

Problem no other class faces? Go play an operative(dps) or assassin that isn't atleast 21 points into the tank tree and see how you feel about knock backs.

Here is the difference- Those classes also have ranged abilities that they can use while they are knocked back. We do not. We have an extreme disadvantage once we are knocked back because all we can do is slowly run back to that person, all the while being pummled by them(and their knockback CD is becoming available again, especially if their knockback is coupled with the stun they can spec into). You are comparing apples and oranges here. A Marauder knocked back and stunned is a fish out of water.

An Operative can stun the enemy and an assassin can do the same thing from range. We cannot. We need to be in range to use our stun(Force Choke). Plus an Operative and an Assassin can remove themselves from combat and go into stealth. While we can also do this, ours is for a very short time and we stay in combat while doing so.

Edited by Ballfro

Here is the difference- Those classes also have ranged abilities that they can use while they are knocked back. We do not. We have an extreme disadvantage once we are knocked back because all we can do is slowly run back to that person, all the while being pummled by them(and their knockback CD is becoming available again, especially if their knockback is coupled with the stun they can spec into). You are comparing apples and oranges here. A Marauder knocked back and stunned is a fish out of water.

An Operative can stun the enemy and an assassin can do the same thing from range. We cannot. We need to be in range to use our stun(Force Choke). Plus an Operative and an Assassin can remove themselves from combat and go into stealth. While we can also do this, ours is for a very short time and we stay in combat while doing so.

Um they have 10m range on their abilities as do we... We're the only ones with an actual gap closer.

No i'm comparing mobility issues with the other melee classes that have the same range as us on their ranged abilities. You just need to learn how to use your leap at the right times.

Um they have 10m range on their abilities as do we... We're the only ones with an actual gap closer.

No i'm comparing mobility issues with the other melee classes that have the same range as us on their ranged abilities. You just need to learn how to use your leap at the right times.

There is no right time to use it. If you run in and then get knocked back, sweet! Now I charge! Oh crap, his friend is there, boom knocked back again, now what? Nothing, you die. We have exactly 1 ranged ability and thats deadly throw, which hits for like 1k crit if im lucky, on a 12 second cooldown. You mean to tell me that Assassin and Operatives only have 1 ranged ability and its on a 12 second cooldown and hits like a feather? I think not.

Also, like I said before. Operatives and Assassin's can remove themselves from combat for 10 seconds. Knockback CD is 20-25 seconds. They now take zero damage while getting back to their target, or in a safe place. We can vanish for 4 seconds and remain in combat. Assassin's can also use Force Pull, to pull the target to them as soon as they are knocked back. Closing the gap the moment it was created, basically nullifying the knock back to begin with. They can also use Creeping Terror, stunning the target for 2 seconds, as well as Death Field which not only deals damage and has a 30 meter range, but also heals the Assassin for 1% of the damage it deals. Please tell me how Deadly Sabre competes with that?

Also, like I said before. Operatives and Assassin's can remove themselves from combat for 10 seconds. Knockback CD is 20-25 seconds. They now take zero damage while getting back to their target, or in a safe place. We can vanish for 4 seconds and remain in combat. Assassin's can also use Force Pull, to pull the target to them as soon as they are knocked back. Closing the gap the moment it was created, basically nullifying the knock back to begin with. They can also use Creeping Terror, stunning the target for 2 seconds, as well as Death Field which not only deals damage and has a 30 meter range, but also heals the Assassin for 1% of the damage it deals. Please tell me how Deadly Sabre competes with that?

Yeah ops and sins get a vanish on a 2 minute cool down.

http://www.torhead.com will show you all class abilities you should go through and check them out and then the talent trees out to help some.

Only tank assassins can use force pull, i already addressed this in an earlier post. This is why you save the leap for the knock back so you can close the gap right when it's created to nullify the knock back.

Deadly saber competes because it's 2% of our health per dot crit and then a garanteed 12% when we berserk, given the right spec can be quite often...

Well considering that you are the only Marauder who doesnt have any issues with being knocked around in Warzones, please allow the other 99.9% of the rest of the community read my post without having to hear your elitist attitude. You will argue for the sake of arguing. I can easily tell thats they type of person you are, so just stay out of my thread please.

save ur charge when fighting people with knockbacks

i melees become immune to knockbacks *** is the point of a knockback?

So run in with zero rage only to make someone use their knockback? How does that make sense? Basically your running in to someone, all the while they are unloading on you because you cant do anything but run towards them, then they knock you back, root you, and by the time you can actually use charge, you're half dead or worse. Yep, you are the typical Marauder that gets obliterated in every Warzone.

So run in with zero rage only to make someone use their knockback? How does that make sense? Basically your running in to someone, all the while they are unloading on you because you cant do anything but run towards them, then they knock you back, root you, and by the time you can actually use charge, you're half dead or worse. Yep, you are the typical Marauder that gets obliterated in every Warzone.

open with rage builders? most people blow knockbacks anytime anyone is in melee. use charge after and u have full rage and can do whatever rotation. if cc break is up u can use that for roots n stuns

it IS ridiculous getting knocked around by multiple people but making melee immune to knockbacks isnt the answer to that~

well another skill? we dont have enough skills to bind it seems :p

just make it a passive effect on Force charge

its not really an immunity is it, its just to make the classes with knockback aware that u cant press that skill as an automatism.

everyclass with a knockback has triggerfinger for that skill they dont need to think about it they just press it because its that usefull and they dont need to pay attention to anything

with the 5 secs you might make them reconcider their tactic, or make them use their brains not to waste an uneeded skill.

U will see that when such a thing would be implemented, how many classes with a knockback totally waste the knockback, not thinking what they are doing

well another skill? we dont have enough skills to bind it seems :p

just make it a passive effect on Force charge

its not really an immunity is it, its just to make the classes with knockback aware that u cant press that skill as an automatism.

everyclass with a knockback has triggerfinger for that skill they dont need to think about it they just press it because its that usefull and they dont need to pay attention to anything

with the 5 secs you might make them reconcider their tactic, or make them use their brains not to waste an uneeded skill.

U will see that when such a thing would be implemented, how many classes with a knockback totally waste the knockback, not thinking what they are doing

^ This. That's exactly the point of implementing this. Makes everyone better.

^ This. That's exactly the point of implementing this. Makes everyone better.

No it does not. It makes knockback skills useless. Knockback is a defensive effect mostly, which should counter a surprise attack (like a Charge) if not used offensively. It's completely alright that they're triggering it as often as possible and as soon as possible, it's most useful.

Also, when they're wasting it, what the hell are you complaining about?

Edited by mirosusan

@Balfro

What Spec are you. Annihilation has a great answer to knock backs. It's shortened CD on charge and camo. Camo lasts four seconds while waiting for CD and grants damage immunity. Charge back in and start rotations. Knock back CDs take too long to respond to that.

Bad idea.

Immunity to KB is one thing, but on a 20 second cooldown?

Are you fully aware of how OP that would be?

You are saying that you want a permanent immunity to KBs.

If anything it has to be a 3 sec duration 2min cd or something like that.

I'm getting quite tired of people who don't know how to deal with certain things and then try to fix it on the forums. On top of that laying out an idea that might have been good, but taking it completely out of proportions with extremely overpowered stats.

both those classes have stealth, both have ranged to varying degrees, both can run away. Next?

Also, the OP has offered a solution and tbh, force charge SHOULD come with knockback immunity anyway, so i don't see what the crying is about. All it would mean is that whatever class we face needs to think a bit before hitting their panic button. Which is all a knockback is. Whilst i agree we cant be allowed free roam, because that would make us OP and we'd dominate everything. This whole pingpong ball crap has gone on too long. The trouble with knockback is that it gives absolutely rubbish players the ability to win without much thought. Im all up for balancing but i want each class to need to think to win, not just pop knockback at the earliest opportunity without thinking. I have to time everything well to get a clear victory (without cutting it close) why shouldn't anyone else? The fact there are face roll classes in this game annoys me, if you dont want to learn how to play your class properly ****.

Edited by darkonnis

No it does not. It makes knockback skills useless. Knockback is a defensive effect mostly, which should counter a surprise attack (like a Charge) if not used offensively. It's completely alright that they're triggering it as often as possible and as soon as possible, it's most useful.

Also, when they're wasting it, what the hell are you complaining about?

Not to be a A-Hole. But I have seen a lot of them use it in a offensive move more then defensive. We as warriors have NO way to prevent the continuous knock backs they can produce. Now I don't want to see the warrior class get buffed to the point of making them OP. I would like to see the warriors have a passive ability to to force charge that made us immune for a short period of time to knock backs. Force charge is supposed to interrupt the castors, but I have seen it not work more then work.

So BW in my opinion should either fix the warrior class so that all the abilities work AS INTENDED, because they are not. I have proved this with a friend.

Or, give us a ability to counter the knock backs.

having just started pvping with my marauder i was not really bothered about this nor was aware of how annoying knockback really was .. NOW though i hate it lol

yes he is only 26ish now so not too deep speced / max skills etc but its insane the number of times i have charged been puched back then stunned / slowed and ranged to death.. i felt sooo weak - granted if i catch peeps without pushes / knock backs i hurt them fast but still it is annoying. I even specced the 2nd jump ability in the last tree but didnt read the pitiful 10meter range it has :( was hoping for another charge but meh have to get used to it

This is a great suggestion and would fix most of my complaints about the class. Other melle classes have an ability to break snares/roots (my 50 operative does) and she has ranged attacks as well. My Marauder can be CC'd to death pretty easily with out getting more than one or two attacks off.

Love the class but it needs a little love.

People should NOT look at how the class is at low levels when you don't have all the required abilities and talents to function properly. Marauders are not by any means easy to just cc and **** over.

As a lvl 50 marauder who mainly does pvp I can say that this is not a problem at level 50 if you use all your given abilities. Being immune to KB is just overpowered and should not be possible. How the hell would you stop a jugg / marauder from just training the ball into the goal in huttball for example? KB is often the only answer and this goes for pretty much any class.

We do not need it.