Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please give us addons!

Athelen

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottomline - people who are against macros are scared they'll be at a disadvantage against players who have experience using macros. Kinda selfish.

Or you could say that "people who in favour of macros want an advantage over players inexperienced in using macros." Kinda pathetic

Works either way

I would love a few addons or in-game additions. One like most a damage meter would be nice and second is an auctioneer type addon. Other Addons would be nice, but those two would be the first and foremost in my book.

My first two would be a unit frame addon and a action-bar addon. I just want the ability to fully customize my UI.

Bottomline - people who are against macros are scared they'll be at a disadvantage against players who have experience using macros. Kinda selfish. Of course, being scared to experience something they've never experienced before is perfectly natural. But barriers must be broken one day. Don't be those old bitter grandparents that tell us we have to walk in the snow to school everyday just because they had too.

The very bottom line is that people who need macros fail without them against people who do not need macros

I want a damage meter similar to recount

Because currently I have no way of knowing if I'm doing

Decent damage with my gear I can't breakdown my attacks

And see how I can improve my dps

I want to look aty damage after a fight

In graphs and pie charts

Also macros please ASAP

I currently macro my keyboard which the system

Allows for yet other games that have macros don't allow hardware macros

Also open the game to addon programmers this will only

Add more to the game as great as it is it could

Be so much better

Edited by denpic

It's funny, vanisle is so vehemently opposed to addons, but his arguments for not having them are the worst in the thread.. And most are strawmen anyway. LOL

I'm vehemently opposed to unicorns ingame as well - wait'll you see my reasons why

Listening to lackluster players cry about needing macro's to do the dirty work for them is getting repititive

I'm going back to the future

See you later; or is that before?

People don't need macros. I never said people needed them. People just like to be more efficient with their character.

By efficient you mean have the ability to beat a good player; yes perhaps you NEED macros - you're right

Any eta on Unicorns ingame? I swear I'll quit

No thanks to addons. I prefer winning through skill and experience. There's more fun in getting the right feel of your class and beating the content than staring at a stupid thread and damage meter, having an addon telling you what skills to use and another one healing for you.

There was a time you got banned from games using crap third party stuff.. Aimbots, wallhacks... they all "made the game easier" and are nothing different to addons.

It's not hard to play this game. Dumb things down even more and you'll have to start playing with a bib.

Well, I guess you're not old enough to understand what I meant. I'll explain..

Before Online Billing, we did the following:

1. Pick up mail.

2. Open Mail.

3. Write check

4. Put in envelope.

5. Put stamp on

6. Walk to mail box.

7. Drop mail off.

You see these steps^? There's a lot more steps involved if I really wanted to go into details.

Now, we have Online billing. Fewer steps, less time. The ultimate RL Macro.

Paying a bill online is not a macro, just a different method of delivery. When I lived in Italy I just walked to the Post Office and paid my electric bill. One step, not a macro.

Bottomline - people who are against macros are scared they'll be at a disadvantage against players who have experience using macros. Kinda selfish. Of course, being scared to experience something they've never experienced before is perfectly natural. But barriers must be broken one day. Don't be those old bitter grandparents that tell us we have to walk in the snow to school everyday just because they had too.

Why are you telling me this? I don't care, all I did was tell you that your list was wrong.

By efficient you mean have the ability to beat a good player; yes perhaps you NEED macros - you're right

You should save yourself the time and leave this game now. You're stuck in the past man. This is a modern day mmo. This game will have macros, addons, LFG and all the other modern day features you old folks despise.

Paying a bill online is not a macro, just a different method of delivery. When I lived in Italy I just walked to the Post Office and paid my electric bill. One step, not a macro.

Why are you telling me this? I don't care, all I did was tell you that your list was wrong.

My list isn't wrong. You just didn't understand. It's ok.

So how do you tell you doing decent dps

You see some big numbers and go "wow that's big numbers I must be good"

Some of us would like to analyze our performance

You may of Been butthurt by macros And addons in other games lol

But some of us see them as usefull tools

No the don't play the game for you

No they don't offer and advantage over other players

Edited by denpic

My list isn't wrong. You just didn't understand. It's ok.

Of course I did, you just didn't understand you were wrong. It's ok. :p

You should save yourself the time and leave this game now. You're stuck in the past man. This is a modern day mmo. This game will have macros, addons, LFG and all the other modern day features you old folks despise.

Why do we need macros again? :confused:

Edited by terminova

Hahahahaha

Quote me that when we get macros

All MMO's are modern day son, it just isn't that old a subject matter

I think you're arguing against me when you need to argue all the other people with valid argument against you - I'm just here for comic relief

NO UNICORNS !!!!

Hahahahaha

Quote me that when we get macros

All MMO's are modern day son, it just isn't that old a subject matter

I think you're arguing against me when you need to argue all the other people with valid argument against you - I'm just here for comic relief

NO UNICORNS !!!!

But.....I like them! :eek:

I would explain it to you but I don't think you would understand it.

So you don't really have an answer. I see. :p

Edited by terminova

But.....I like them! :eek:

Well I'm putting in a work order for unicorns next patch. I think we've shown enough support here for them and tbh I can't imagine a Star Wars universe without them.

You guys can head on over to my Gabbing About the Game forum page and see what sort of colours and coats will be available, and horns - it's all about the horns.

Coffee Break, I'll ask some of the guys over in programming if they think macro's are viable