Pretty please, with sugar on top. Legacy.

Kiphere

Can we have at least a 'small' preview of the legacy system?

I know so many people who are sitting around bored, or not logging in waiting for the legacy system because they're ready to play an alt but won't roll one until we know what options will be there for character creation. I'm ready to roll at least 1 alt now and while I don't mind leveling him without any little perks and stuff I don't want to roll a guy only to find out I could have made him a different race, or had a different option at character creation that I don't currently because of my legacy levels.

I don't want the whole thing told to me but at least the options that will be unlocked for character creation would be nice to know so I can stop waiting to exhale so to speak (not alone on that obviously).

its definitely interesting that BW advertised legacy system yet its not functional and we dont even know what it does exactly. And no I dont take "possibly some new abilities that you normally cannot get" for an answer... sorry I am not one of those blind little fanbois.

I mean abilities you dont normally get... like I can do a rally social move on my pure blood? thats something my race dont normally get right? Or I can choose 1 extra social ability? or I can get a haircut? tell me what exactly is this legacy system other than a "title" that you pick and shared across all your toons.

its definitely interesting that BW advertised legacy system yet its not functional and we dont even know what it does exactly. And no I dont take "possibly some new abilities that you normally cannot get" for an answer... sorry I am not one of those blind little fanbois.

I mean abilities you dont normally get... like I can do a rally social move on my pure blood? thats something my race dont normally get right? Or I can choose 1 extra social ability? or I can get a haircut? tell me what exactly is this legacy system other than a "title" that you pick and shared across all your toons.

theres no reason for nastiness. Meant this to be a polite request for information.

my legacy wish list, lets see if they answer me and give us a lil sneak peak.

1. the ability to play chiss on republic. I wanna be a chiss gunslinger :p

2. the ability to select PVP as your 'primary' experience type and gain more experience when doing pvp so I can avoid doing all the quests over again I've already done.

3. earlier mounts.

4. shared banks.

5. a legacy vendor with orange sets that have 0 mods in them like social gear but different armor types for equiping your alts.

6. A new race in general (though i know that ones not happening for sure in march)

7. An extra fleet pass or quicker fleet pass cooldown.

8. the option to use different classes space ships instead of the one assigned to your class.

My birthday is in march, so... gimme my present BW ;)

I've had this same problem, I want to level alts, but I'm kind of waiting around until the legacy system is released. So far I've had to play another alt, but I made sure I wouldn't pick any other race. Some of them it's hard to choose, and some I don't even like the options.

Honestly, it's a problem for a game that wants you to play alts. There is a sizable amount of people who want to wait until they have all of their options.

QUOTE]

That is what they do in mass effect, after you beat the game and/ or unlock something you can add a extra power to Shepard.

I would imagine they have a presentation package put together on the Legacy System to be unveiled at the Guild Summit as they're big "tada" moment. If they release anything sooner than that they'll give the attendees too much time to come up with questions/criticisms.

I would imagine they have a presentation package put together on the Legacy System to be unveiled at the Guild Summit as they're big "tada" moment. If they release anything sooner than that they'll give the attendees too much time to come up with questions/criticisms.

+1

shame though I kinda am getting bored waiting around just to see what this will be :/

The one thing I want to know:

if we create an alt now, *when* new character creation options are available from legacy, will we be able to incorporate unlocked character creation options into our existing alts.

Either some sort of barbershop, or something? Even if it IS race change? (AFAIK, race doesn't really affect the storylines much/any, so other than friends wondering what happened to your character, changing race wouldn't really be a big deal).

We know, for a fact, that new options will be forthcoming. The only thing (as far as I'm aware) that we don't know is whether we will be able to retroactively apply those new options to existing characters.

If Bioware answers that one simple question, we'll know whether or not it's safe to start creating/playing alts now, or if we need to wait. I would *hope* they would be planning on allowing us to makeover existing characters.

Honestly i'm worried they wont add that option. the forums are gonna light on fire when it goes live and people find out they've already leveled up a bunch of alts and can't get the new toys unless they delete something.

The one thing I want to know:

if we create an alt now, *when* new character creation options are available from legacy, will we be able to incorporate unlocked character creation options into our existing alts.

Either some sort of barbershop, or something? Even if it IS race change? (AFAIK, race doesn't really affect the storylines much/any, so other than friends wondering what happened to your character, changing race wouldn't really be a big deal).

We know, for a fact, that new options will be forthcoming. The only thing (as far as I'm aware) that we don't know is whether we will be able to retroactively apply those new options to existing characters.

If Bioware answers that one simple question, we'll know whether or not it's safe to start creating/playing alts now, or if we need to wait. I would *hope* they would be planning on allowing us to makeover existing characters.