Removing red action error text?

JohnQPerson

When fighting I spam the action I want to use next. Because of this I see a Wall of red "not enough rage" or "ability not ready" or whatever it says. WoW had like 3 lines of this so no big deal. This game has like 10 lines of it. Is there a way to turn it off or reduce it down. You can't even see what you're fighting with that wall of text in the way.

Thanks

This would be a slider I'd like to see. "Maximum lines of Error Text"

As a scoundrel, some of my abilities only work from behind a person. PvP often moves so quickly that I can't ever be very sure if I'm actually behind the person, so I'll often tap the button several times while trying to position myself. My ability will fire, but then I'm left with a screen of "Not ready Yet" and "Effect condition failed". I get what's going on, I'm pretty sure I don't need a whole screen full of the text. :)

Alternate solution to limiting lines: Don't put the same text up again. Just refresh the time-to-live (and fade value) of the text already there. (So if I keep hitting a skill while it's on cooldown, the "Not Ready Yet" will continue to stay on my screen, but won't spam itself over and over again.)

I believe this fits in the same category:

Voidstar, when the attackers have moved on to the next room. I get it. I don't need it on my screen 10 times in 2 places. (Center screen, and the chat log.) Believe me, I'll be ready to move on as soon as I finish killing this guy! :) (This is exactly the time a static or flashing UI element that says "The attackers have secured this room, move on to the next" would be perfect: It would stop spamming my screen and chatlog, but still be prominently displayed to alert me to move on. Hopefully it would be out of centerscreen a bit, so I could focus on the combat I'm still in.)

Just my two cents.

• 1 year later...
I barely notice the red error text and I do both pve and pvp. Melee and ranged, heals, tanks and dps. I do everything. However, you'd think that since the game IS programmed TO display the text a certain number of times, there's a setting somewhere in the game that the game references TO display the text a certain number of times and no more. Go look through the settings in-game and the game files? *shrug*

If you do not facesmash the keyboard, it will not happen on any class sans scoundrel/operative.

However, i understand that it could be irritating on scoundrel (not really pvping in Scrapper tree). But, for me at least, the text never occupies the entire screen like some say, It shows maybe on 6 lines and then starts over again.

• 1 year later...