pre 50 expertise

Illyean

I'm pretty sure other than weapons from the pvp vendor that there isn't any other pre level 50 gear with expertise, my question is; is it worth buying the weapon, ripping the expertise enhancement from it and using it in orange gear?

It strikes me that the gearing and mod'ing system has been designed by morons, but its what we have and I would think any expertise in pre50 PvP would be advantageous, thoughts...

I'm pretty sure other than weapons from the pvp vendor that there isn't any other pre level 50 gear with expertise, my question is; is it worth buying the weapon, ripping the expertise enhancement from it and using it in orange gear?

It strikes me that the gearing and mod'ing system has been designed by morons, but its what we have and I would think any expertise in pre50 PvP would be advantageous, thoughts...

is it worth it yes. buy 6 level 42 weapons (gun 2nd from bottom) use those till level 46 then buy 6 level 46 weapons. also make sure you buy 1 champion bag pre 50. when you turn 50 make sure you have 1000 merc & 1000 warzone comms. so when you turn 50 you will have 125expertise plus should be able to buy Centurion Belt, Bracers & 1 Accessory. This will help make your first few days as a 50 more enjoyable. Obviously you have to PVP alot to afford all those weapons but I was able to buy all 6 just by gaining 1 and a half levels (32-34)

Edited by Ssfbistimg

is it worth it yes. buy 6 level 42 weapons (gun 2nd from bottom) use those till level 46 then buy 6 level 46 weapons. also make sure you buy 1 champion bag pre 50. when you turn 50 make sure you have 1000 merc & 1000 warzone comms. so when you turn 50 you will have 125expertise plus should be able to buy Centurion Belt, Bracers & 1 Accessory. This will help make your first few days as a 50 more enjoyable. Obviously you have to PVP alot to afford all those weapons but I was able to buy all 6 just by gaining 1 and a half levels (32-34)

pretty much my plan, hit the ground walking not crawling :)

which isn't possible anymore. you can't buy bags pre-50 now :p

you can not buy items that are higher level than you are too.

I thought you could they were just greyed out, much like anything you cant use, you can still buy it, just cant open it

I hit 50 today/tomorrow with 175 expertise 1000/1000 and one bag in the inventory :)

I´m glad that i am prepared this time (my main hit 50 without all these benefits).

My Question is: Should i wait till patch 1.2 to open my 6 bags and play another toon or should i try my luck and open them?

Edited by RadarTechnician

My Question is: Should i wait till patch 1.2 to open my 9 bags and play another toon or should i try my luck and open them?

Patch 1.2 won't be here till sometime in march, it could be the end of march for all we know. It also could be delayed as is the nature of these things.

yup, and the patch was yesterday :)

Im not sure about greyed-out and still possible to buy tho. Will check it out on my lowbie alt.

Is this true for the Fleet Comms as well? I know we couldn't open the PVP containers under leveled, but we could buy and open and fleet comm level 50 containers. Easy bank - level 50 boe purples.

which isn't possible anymore. you can't buy bags pre-50 now :p

you can not buy items that are higher level than you are too.

That is a really stupid change. If you level your alts via warzones (which is what I'm doing) there comes a point where you really can't store commendations anymore. My shadow (now level 43) I'd bought most of the level 40 PVP robes well before level 40 from commendations gotten from warzones so that she'd have the set ready to go when I hit 40...

just checked it. It's greyed out but still possible to buy. Don't really know what was their intention with that, maybe to make it more obvious that you can't use the item.

If people bothered to read the patchnotes...

Vendors

"Show Usable" now properly filters to only show equipable items.

If people bothered to read the patchnotes...

Not the issue, that filter isn't even selected by default. Probably a bi-product of these changes though.

To the OP: yes the listed method is reccomended. Especially if you can nab yourself an orange belt and bracers, I believe you can get over 5% before 50 which is a rather good boon in the pre-50 wz and a good start when you do enter the hellzones.

Edited by Maxil

Patch 1.2 won't be here till sometime in march, it could be the end of march for all we know. It also could be delayed as is the nature of these things.

You´re right, too long to wait.

So i opened all bags and got lots of commendations (Centurion and Champion).

I did my first 50 wz with 338 expertise and a bit over 13k health :)

Conclusion and btt: It´s defenitly worth it to buy the weapons and ripping the expertise enhancement.