Purple Crystals for Republic. Still no response from Devs!

Solomace

Yes, I know, not again. Another thread. Yada,yada, yada.

Okay, for those bored about these threads, the options are simple, don't read it and ignore it:)

For those like me, who are still pissed off that Republic don't "seem" to have access to the purple crystal, some type of response would help.

So, let me get something out there straight away.

1. Yes, we all know how Mace Windu got his crystals.

2. Yes, we all know how Sam J got his.

3. Yes we know that 3000 years in the future, they "maybe" rare.

4. Magenta isn't purple.

This means nothing, as this game is set in the KOTOR universe where purple (and I am using KOTOR 1 and 2 as a reference), purple wasn't rare.

Also, it seems Sith NPCs can have them at every level so once again "immersion" would say they are not rare.

So my point is this, what is the design philosophy of making the Crystal either unobtainable by republic or so rare that 2 months into the game, no one on the republic has got one and that the Empire can have them at 50? What did they think, people will still play for months and months just to get a purple crystal if they leave it out for the Republic side?

Lets not let any Rep or Empire have it for their toons until 50, so forget about all the days played before?

I'm having a hard time understanding their reasons on this.

They also deciding to ignore the tons of threads on this which I find also bewildering.

Just give us some insight into this please.

Cheers.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we come to "windu was only/first jedi with purple saber" nonsense I'd like to point out that canon materials reaching back to early '90s show jedi with purple lightsabers. You can find them in both: novels and comics. Only matter Windu is special about is that it's first and only example of purple lightsaber user shown in movies (and special info for bioware: he is a jedi)

I made a post explaining this more deeply while ago in first topic listing all lightsaber colors in game.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

Cosmetics shouldnt be endgame-pvp-raid&etc. stuff. I'm fine with travelling all over the world to get some rare crystals through 4-man grouping. But giving color crystals stats was wrong move. Instead they should add a power crystal slot to every weapon and an additional color crystal slot which requires no fee to replace, gives no stats. Just what it says: Color. And restrictions should be based on the light/dark choices not factions.

I cant believe that people get all bent out of shape about this. Its just a color. Nothing more.

Let me ask, when you picked your character, did you just roll random or did you spend time tailoring the look that you wanted? Well it's the same for me and my toon and a LS colour that I would like.

I am someone who is more into the look of my toon, then they actual stats of my toon.

I am not asking for a top level, just give it to me for nothing purple crystal, I am happy to do extra to get this. However I would prefer it at level 10 onwards so even if it had 0 stats on it I would still be more than happy.

The bigger questions is still why have they not let Reps have it but Empire can and why make it at level 50 for Empire.

I am sure some who play Empire are equally annoyed that they have to wait till 50, PVP or get tier 2 to get it also?

Just looking for some answers as to why they have gone down this route.

I cant believe that people get all bent out of shape about this. Its just a color. Nothing more.

If lightsaber colour is utterly meaningless for you then in all brutal honesty SWTOR probably isn't the game for you in the first place.

It's probably the most iconic thing you can have for your Jedi/Sith toon.

If lightsaber colour is utterly meaningless for you then in all brutal honesty SWTOR probably isn't the game for you in the first place.

The actual game isn't for him because of a color? Are you serious? That's pretty amusing.

The actual game isn't for him because of a color? Are you serious? That's pretty amusing.

Yup if you genuinely absolutely don't care what colour your Jedi/Sith lightsaber is, then I don't see how you can really be invested in the character, SW theme or game, given how integeral it is.

It'd be like playing LOTRO and not caring if people could play Balrogs.

Well, unlucky: Half of people here are ex-wow players who don't care about Star Wars, lore, or anything other than recount, responsiveness, addons and "raiding".

You can see it even solely by constant popping up of black-core sabers blasphemy or people saying lines like "where did you got this awesome black-blue saber!?" what makes me want to do nothing else than smash my head in table.

Some folks just don't get that what makes TOR special is the lore, and just peeing on it like they do is the worst thing one can make - cause that would mean turning TOR into random fantasy MMO that's doomed to death.

Sadly - many TOR developers also openly ignore Lore by making stuff like end-game robes which are taken from Power Rangers instead of Star Wars.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

Yup if you genuinely absolutely don't care what colour your Jedi/Sith lightsaber is, then I don't see how you can really be invested in the character, SW theme or game, given how integeral it is.

It'd be like playing LOTRO and not caring if people could play Balrogs.

If you dont care at what ridiculous rate your Jedi changes his lightsaber (because it has better stats) you can´t be really invested in the SW theme either.

If you dont care at what ridiculous rate your Jedi changes his lightsaber (because it has better stats) you can´t be really invested in the SW theme either.

A lot of people don't change them once they find one they like (and a lot of people spend a lot of time really looking for one they like). :)

And the "blade" is much more visually obvious than the hilt.

Wow the smug levels are through the roof on this thread..

to some people the colour doesnt matter.. and that is ok. to others it matters that too is ok.. to claim the game isnt for them because it doesnt matter to them is silly.. what if they never play jedi?

personally i hate the republic quests.. i think they are poorly written.the wording seems off and the replys you are able to give are very pigeonholy .. so i rarely play my jedi, i am leveling him for pvp. so ya to me his lightsaber colour doesnt matter

does that mean i am not a fan or swtor or that this game isnt for me? really?

This means nothing, as this game is set in the KOTOR universe where purple (and I am using KOTOR 1 and 2 as a reference), purple wasn't rare.

Also, it seems Sith NPCs can have them at every level so once again "immersion" would say they are not rare.

Every lowbie Sith and their uncle seems to have purple lightsabers. Why we can't just take theirs is beyond me. I must have left hundreds of purple-crystal sabers lying on the ground just fighting my way through the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas.

So no. Definitely not a rare colour. :)

Wow the smug levels are through the roof on this thread..

to some people the colour doesnt matter.. and that is ok. to others it matters that too is ok.. to claim the game isnt for them because it doesnt matter to them is silly.. what if they never play jedi?

personally i hate the republic quests.. i think they are poorly written.the wording seems off and the replys you are able to give are very pigeonholy .. so i rarely play my jedi, i am leveling him for pvp. so ya to me his lightsaber colour doesnt matter

does that mean i am not a fan or swtor or that this game isnt for me? really?

Yeah I can see not being bothered about other peoples lightsabers, but that's a different thing to saying that "no ones lightsaber colour matters at all".

If you only want to play SWTOR to be a bounty hunter (or whatever) then fair enough, but I'd imagine in that case you'd be interested in specific armour and blaster types for looks.

But again there's little more iconic in SW than Jedi/Sith lightsaber colour, to say it doesn't matter, I can't see how this is the game for you.

A lot of people don't change them once they find one they like (and a lot of people spend a lot of time really looking for one they like). :)

And the "blade" is much more visually obvious than the hilt.

If SW lore really would mean anything to you you could not accept the fact that your jedi does not stick to the lightsaber he crafted as a padawan except that lightsaber gets lost or destroyed.

But its a game, and therefore some considerations are made. It´s the same with the saber colors, a design decision was made and now purple lightsabers are not available to jedi as teal lightsabers are not available to sith. Deal with it.

If SW lore really would mean anything to you you could not accept the fact that your jedi does not stick to the lightsaber he crafted as a padawan except that lightsaber gets lost or destroyed.

But its a game, and therefore some considerations are made. It´s the same with the saber colors, a design decision was made and now purple lightsabers are not available to jedi as teal lightsabers are not available to sith. Deal with it.

this is probably the best way of handling the situation really. it is just a game not really important in the long run.

personally i would like a revamp of the jedi and republic quest lines ( i feel they are written horribly) than giving anyone any colour of lightsaber.

Again a lot of people do keep their first lightsaber.

So how is that a reason that therefore no one can care at all what colour their lightsaber is? :confused:

Again a lot of people do keep their first lightsaber.

So how is that a reason that therefore no one can care at all what colour their lightsaber is? :confused:

Ignoring how silly this is gameplaywise (hf doing PvP that way):

Well then it is easy, everyone sticks to the color of his initial lightsaber, because changing the crystal constantly isnt supported by lore also.

Now you can go on and complain that the storylines of jedi dont grant you the ability to choose your color from the start.

It's probably the most iconic thing you can have for your Jedi/Sith toon.

^ thanks for the laugh, best ive had in a while i think!

Hideous trolls aside, I'm a massive fan of purple lightsabers and was quite disappointed that they are unavailable to us on the Republic side.

Equally I was disappointed to find that my class Columi gear makes me look like a traffic cone.

C'mon devs, give us purple lighsabers, if its not a big deal then its not a big deal surely?