Server transfer?

Jrandin

If you aren't level 40+ (or at least 30), you really don't deserve a server transfer. And most players aren't that high, so I don't see a reason for giving them.

Additionally, if you're playing enough to have a character that high, you don't need to worry about queues, because you're already logged in most of the day.

Well Guys, yesterday I had to create my third character in 3 days in a 3rd Server. God this is getting outrageous. My guild is destroyed and I don't know If I want to play again 1-11 levels characters. Apart from that yesterday I decided to wait in the queu for more that an hour. After 55 minutes there was a server error...

Is getting seriously annoying.

FREE TRANSFER NOW!!!

if you aren't level 40+ (or at least 30), you really don't deserve a server transfer. And most players aren't that high, so i don't see a reason for giving them.

Additionally, if you're playing enough to have a character that high, you don't need to worry about queues, because you're already logged in most of the day.

are you kidding us??? 3 characters in 3 days??? Sorry to say m8 but guyz like you (consumers) create the market to be like ****!!!

Well Guys, yesterday I had to create my third character in 3 days in a 3rd Server. God this is getting outrageous. My guild is destroyed and I don't know If I want to play again 1-11 levels characters. Apart from that yesterday I decided to wait in the queu for more that an hour. After 55 minutes there was a server error...

Is getting seriously annoying.

FREE TRANSFER NOW!!!

What three servers did you try to roll on? What time of day are you trying to access?

are you kidding us??? 3 characters in 3 days??? Sorry to say m8 but guyz like you (consumers) create the market to be like ****!!!

18.00 GMT+2(created a new char) and after this at 00.00(GMT+2) the server was full (my 1st server at this time had a queue of 1 hour and 30 mins and the second had 45 mins) so I created a new char in a third server!

honestly i am not going to pay subscription until it rolls!! BY THE WAY ALL THE AMERICAN SERVERS WERE HAVING "LIGHT" OR "STANDARD" STATUS

All servers should have been VMs & only logical, not a 1:1 r/ship with any named server. That way there would only be 1 US economy & 1 EU. Like GW did years ago - just use temp 'districts' & a common International server to play with peeps from the other major home zones.

I mean really, why is every mmo publisher still sticking to this sucky, antiquated model? I can only assume BW are using racks of hosted VMs for the server farm & not a 1:1 server name<->physical box setup...surely? :-/

Multiple, fixed servers are counter-productive & prevent people who meet later in their characters' careers from playing together. You know, like on the forums say! :rolleyes:

Why are you still using fixed server environments BW? Did you have to copy even this redundant design from WoW & its ilk? You can't load balance the servers or their populations with the current model & all it creates is a whole lot of angst from the user base, for whatever reason (this thread being just one example).

Edited by Borrob

I know the queues are annoying but just log in during non peak hours and then idle your character. Get a program like 'mouse clicker' that way you wont be kicked for AFK, and you can come back and play later during peak. This is what I did today, no problems.

That's called botting. Using third party program to play your character for you, even if it's just one click every so often. ******es like you are responsible for queues in the first place. Hope you'll get banned for that.

That's called botting. Using third party program to play your character for you, even if it's just one click every so often. ******es like you are responsible for queues in the first place. Hope you'll get banned for that.

Is this considered botting? :D

I know the queues are annoying but just log in during non peak hours and then idle your character. Get a program like 'mouse clicker' that way you wont be kicked for AFK, and you can come back and play later during peak. This is what I did today, no problems.

Not only is this against the tos and banable, you take a place from someone who is sitting waiting to get in and play while you are off doing god knows what. Your special kind of ignorance only adds to the current problem of server queues.

Oh no, you lost a whole day!

Its not like anyone 50 yet, and if you are then I wont take you that long to relevel. Just Re-roll.

Seriously, everyone with this attitude reign your necks in, this game is heavily story based, and having been through the same story 3 times now up to level 18-19, I do NOT want to repeat it again so soon, and nor should I have to.

Further while you may not, there are many folks on holiday atm, investing a lot more game time than they are normally able to make the best use of early access. When queues are longer than 5 minutes performance is unacceptable, staggered access was supposed to prevent this and it has failed. Re rolling and re rolling again, completely negates the whole reason for playing during early access, to get a head start BEFORE launcht. I suspect those with this attitude, are pissed they still waiting to start playing or are disgruntled they did not get in when they felt they should.

My intention is to level on a pve server and, if I don't find a guild or a great community by the time I hit 50, transfer to a pvp server.

Since we don't know the faction ratio on each server and the empire is certainly more popular, on an average, I have no intention on starting off on some random server and discover I can't get out of town without having 3 inquisikids running after me everywhere I go.

Edited by Chomag