Best Marauder PVP DPS Build?

MiddleWilko

I was wondering this too. I was going annihilation for the bleed heals and the improved force charge. however, Carnage looks like it is more burst dps and Ataru would be really good for running down kiting enemies.

Also, Annihilation just keeps coming up with more and more abilities until you have more hotkeys than you ahve keys on teh board. At least carnage introduces new abilities that replace older ones.

Because character is not a tank, simple logic (simple minded) would be go for quickest kill where the bleed doesn't offer.

DPS burst is what I would think is required for this type of character, or something along those lines.

Not sure what best build to accomplish this.

(or I could be wrong!!)

I think it's got a good chance to come down to personal preference.

Annihiliation offers the heal on crit internal damage, couple rupture and deadly saber this could result in quite a bit of healing, especially when berserk is used, thats 3% max hp on the next 6 burning ticks, a gaurenteed 18% max hp heal over about 6 seconds. Add to that short fuse and all of a sudden you're doing a decent amount of healing while keeping up dots that are consistently critting. Resulting in a spec with more survivability and higher sustained damage, but more required set up.

Carnage on the other hand is a very lockdown oriented spec revolving around killing an enemy quickly before they are able to move. Everything about getting big crits and immobilizing enemies. What it lacks for in survivibility it makes up for in burst. None of the talents focus around keeping you alive rather they focus on killing your enemy before you get killed.

I think highly skilled players of either spec will be extremely deadly. At first glance it seems annihilation will have a high skill cap as it looks much less tunnel-visiony and can put up pressure on multiple enemies simultaneously. With that said, it will be hard to tell till everybody's 50 and playing at high skill levels.

im going anni, but any of the trees are viable if you look carefully, all tress bring something to the table, but with anni you have higher survivabilty with the self healing , less cd on both the interrupt(very useful) and the force leap and seems to tthe tree that puts a lot more pressure on players and can maybe take on 1 or 2 players by itself compared to the carnage which 2 me seems to be more aimed as a cannon, who needs a healer to survive more than one player

but like I said all the trees are viable and totally depends on how you want to play

Edited by Majinr

Carnage is really fun, you just have to be very efficient with CD's and the right abilities. Carnage is more about get in quick, kill the target and get out. If you go carnage force camo is almost always a necessity. I have always enjoyed the roll of a healer killer and carnage fits this great with the deadly throw immobilize, force choke and our interrupt. Edited by JustinxDuff

• 2 weeks later...
Im lv 41 and speced anni and i destroy in pvp. Im almost alwasy #1 in dmg done and usually in the top 4-5 for healing done. Just the fact that you heal your self then can heal your entire team for 6% of their health is sweet. On top of that the lv 40 skill in the anni tree hits like a truck.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently running with "Rage 2/8/31" Talents

And It's pretty good, I have alot of survivability (for wearing Medium Armor)

Also the Burst damage is pretty sick, Get the 4 stacks and pop a "Smash" crits for around 4-6k on every target in range.

(Note: I don't have very good PvP gear, or PvE for that matter)

You also have some movement (aslong as there are enemies near you). (I woulnt run with the ball in Huttball tho)

The added slow on the abilities is amazing, not having to rely on Force Charge, or Obliterate to reach your target.

And one drawback to this spec, is that you rely heavily on Smash. So at times you find yourself spamming Filler ablilities, just so that you can get Smash of CD.

But as with all specs, it all depends on how you play, and how you like to play.

I've played Carnage and Annhialation, but so far I found that Rage felt more like my play style

I roll Carnage because its awesome.

Its post like this that make me want to reveal my skill order etc and when to use things exactly.

but if everyone knew how to do it, the class would be too predictable, so sorry.

As for skill tree.

3 in anni

2 in rage

rest in carnage

I roll Carnage because its awesome.

Its post like this that make me want to reveal my skill order etc and when to use things exactly.

but if everyone knew how to do it, the class would be too predictable, so sorry.

As for skill tree.

3 in anni

2 in rage

rest in carnage

I loled.

Also, any arguments over which spec is best aside (I put explanations in parentheses so often, but they never get read, so what's the point), there should be no argument that carnage is not best for dps. It's just not built for it: it certainly has utility we could argue about, but the talents don't increase damage incredibly or anything like that. You can defend it but a simple reading of the skills won't show numbers like "+30% bleed damage" or "+100% smash damage", and it's numbers like that which bump dps, which is, based on the topic title, all that should be in this thread.

• 2 months later...
lol ummm idk if the last guy that posted actually even plays a marauder if he doesnt know that carnage does the same thing for force scream that rage does for smash i play both carnage and anni in pvp and pve cause i really dont know which is the best when im anni i usually have about 250k-300k damage in wz with about 75k healing with carnage im getting 350k - 400k damage no healing but what u lack from the healing in anni spec u gain in speed and mobility rage spec is for begginners and lvl'ng hence the aoe's and extra defense