Good Leveling Spec To Go With Lokin?

exphryl

Just picked him up and trying to flesh out the rest of my levels. Was using Vector to get some more DPS out but having most of my points in concealment it was near impossible to stay behind the target.

So was curious to maximize DPS (i.e handle groups and such) would a lethality build be best to go if I keep Lokin as heals?

Lethality isn't a good lvling build, the spec has a big ramp up time on damage.

I've never had any trouble on solo questing with any companion. For the longest time i didn't use any of my companions as they were all on missions all the time.

I quite enjoyed that tbh, it was a nice challenge and a nice change.

This was as concealment, you should try it :p. But then again, if you're rushing to 50 (god knows why in this game).

A dps companion is still better, i've always put Kaliyo on dps stance and removed her aoe abilities until i got Ensign. I never really took alot of damage, a quick Kolto Infusion or just Stim Boost usually keeps up in between pulls.

I found killing them off one by one with sleep dart on strays to be more effective and faster then AoEing as an Operative.

I like Lokin but he can be a pain. You basically have to play Lethality with him and AFAIK that's not a great tree right now. Concealment works fine with him but I personally find it frustrating because you will always have aggro, and that means you can't backstab!

I suppose you could be medicine yourself and just be the invincible double-team that never kills anything.

Not being able to backstab when you're just soloing really isn't a big deal, imo. But you can still backstab plenty with Lokin. Opening move - debilitate, flashbang, the occasional stun proc, Lokin's freezing gun all give you opportunity to get back behind your target.