Nice first day for me

Dakran

I just have to say, the players I grouped with today were just great. It's always nice when people actually help others who are new - as I witnessed more than once.

And that's the Sith side...I can't imagine how cool the jedi are acting!

Now, if only I could call in sick another day....

there are many from the beta times around, beta was known to have helpful people (mostly) around, I myself also gave away stuff for free if it wasn't usable for my character, as this was still worthwhile, and I only lost out on a very minimal credit amount I could have gained if selling the items. I also gave away crafted items often for free in the last weeks when I started to use those skills.

As for the future, from MMO experience I have to sadly say as time passes after the official start, the people will get less friendly and more indifferent (or worse).

First kill on my IA dropped a heavy chest piece. Random BH ran by, so I gave it to her.

Next day I get in a group and that BH ends up being in the group. overall the group was excellent and we all had fun.

I've never been huge on money in games, especially with guilds or friends I already treat them as what is mine is yours. And I have no issues helping out anyone else, except for the following:

"Can I have some credits please?"

and

"lulz wut r u doing u nub, lern 2 ply"

It's seems to be common that people are nicer, in general, during beta.

I remember when I entered my very first beta I thought that was the standard of how people were behaving in games, but I was so wrong.

I usually put stuff up for sale in the auction house (or what ever it's called in different games) for the lowest among possible for others to buy (I'm just to lazy to ping it and/or mail it) Though in SWTOR I did because I didn't find the auction.

But it's not just about giving people stuff, it's also being helpful and show respect for other gamers.

Yesterday I turned off chat because I was so fed up with some people insulting new players. Why not just help them? Imo that is the only way to show you know better and more than they do. Most of the time the insults doesn't make me belive that those people actually know more than the new gamers, they probably are new to mmo's them self but will not admit it.

Edited by UrbanChili