Advanced Prototype

Xippin

So I originally started as a Shieldtech and remained so from 10-30, at 30 I decided to change to an Advanced Prototype and I'm loving it. In pve I find solo'ing very easy, even when using a dps companion instead of Mako. In pvp I find I do great damage, typically toping damage/protection and have decent survivability and have no issues killing healers (the immunity to knockbacks for 8 seconds is awesome).

My question is, how does Advanced Prototype play out end game, both pvp and pve. Is it viable, or does it just kinda fall off the grid?

Advanced Prototype seems to do just fine from my experience. I tried out Pyrotech to see what the damage comparison is and although Pyrotech can be really bursty, the damage is also very inconsistent. Pyrotech requires Rail Shot to proc and if it doesn't, then it just doesn't deal enough damage. Advanced Prototype however, seems to be able to deal consistent damage as well as really good AoE from Flamethrower (great for flashpoints). I plan to continue using it as I find Pyrotech to be a tad too unpredictable (in both heat and damage).

uhhh..... what?

Far as I know there is no ability or talent in any of the trees that 100% guarantees a free railshot proc.

I think we may be talking about different things. I meant that talent Bursting Flame causes Flame Burst to have 100% chance to DoT your target, allowing you to use Rail Shot. As far as I know, there's no 100% sure way to reset its cooldown though, but that's the case with all three trees. Pyrotech just has a 100% chance to make Rail Shot usable, if it's off its cooldown, giving you a reliable burst

I think we may be talking about different things. I meant that talent Bursting Flame causes Flame Burst to have 100% chance to DoT your target, allowing you to use Rail Shot. As far as I know, there's no 100% sure way to reset its cooldown though, but that's the case with all three trees. Pyrotech just has a 100% chance to make Rail Shot usable, if it's off its cooldown, giving you a reliable burst

retractable blade gives u a dot for adv prototype. not that rail shot is particularly powerful for that spec ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.