This game is TWO MONTHS old.

Citywok

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down Lucis... sounds like you're mad. If you cared about the product you would see the lack of optimization of the engine which I demonstrated in the post that you said you wouldn't read.

Posting a list of garbage doesn't do the Developers any good, especially when it's repeated garbage. :)

Trash in, trash out. Just like what flows from your fingertips.

This, and it is the same reason there are so many F2P MMO's out there now. TOR has plenty of good about it, but it is simply missing too many things, things people expect in their MMO's these days. When people come to check the game out the first time, it better have what they need, because it won't matter if it is added 6 months from now after they have already left.

I'm not even speaking directly to volume of content, basic quality of life things are just as important. Overall I thought the launch was rather smooth, the number of bugs acceptable, and the game is pretty stable. It doesn't really try to do anything revolutionary, and that is okay, though a little ho-hum at this point. I do like the setting, and of course light sabers, but it is simply missing the basic things I was looking for.

If they add it 6 months from now, well, I'll already be gone and it won't matter anymore. Maybe in 12 months when the game is F2P I'll come back and see if they actually caught up. :rolleyes:

In 12 months when the game isn't f2p and you are still playing can I have your stuff? Because that's what is really going to happen.

Then get off the forums of the sub standard MMO because you and the like aren't productive at all.

The forums are by far more fun than the game is so until my subscription runs out I'll lurk to my hearts content. I've tried providing feedback but the armies of biodrone yes men always drown it out with "get off the forums QQ nub."

The forums are by far more fun than the game is so until my subscription runs out I'll lurk to my hearts content. I've tried providing feedback but the armies of biodrone yes men always drown it out with "get off the forums QQ nub."

LOL, touche. Agreed.

I'm content in knowing that you like paying for forum time rather than game time. :cool:

P.s. Two threads made by you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=1134653

2 Threads made by you.

52 Posts in total on the forum.

Feedback indeed. I'm impressed.

Edited by LucisAbyssus

In 12 months when the game isn't f2p and you are still playing can I have your stuff? Because that's what is really going to happen.

/shrug Unless they slip in SGRA's, macros, addons, LFD tools, combat logs, appearance tabs, robes with hoods down, and crafting that doesn't suck in the next couple of days before my sub expires you can have my stuff now, I won't be needing it.

/shrug Unless they slip in SGRA's, macros, addons, LFD tools, combat logs, appearance tabs, robes with hoods down, and crafting that doesn't suck in the next couple of days before my sub expires you can have my stuff now, I won't be needing it.

Please tell me you play on Ajunta Pall Empire. :D

Just remember, since you want all of that stuff you listed, just go play SWG-- oh wait... too soon? :o

Please tell me you play on Ajunta Pall Empire. :D

Nope, sorry. :p

Just remember, since you want all of that stuff you listed, just go play SWG-- oh wait... too soon? :o

I never played SWG, so if that was an inside joke, I have no idea what the funny was.

No, but they should be less buggy than this game is. And many of them are.

Sorry, gotta disagree with you there.

Almost every MMO that has launched has had far worse bugs and flaws in it then SWTOR. Only 2 stand out in my mind that were fairly good at release. Rift and DC Universe Online.

Sorry, gotta disagree with you there.

Almost every MMO that has launched has had far worse bugs and flaws in it then SWTOR. Only 2 stand out in my mind that were fairly good at release. Rift and DC Universe Online.

DC Universe especially. Let's also remember though that the player base in both of those games combined were dwarfed at launch by the sheer size of people waiting to play SW:TOR on launch day. Which is even more impressive as to how reasonably well the game [sW:TOR] launched.

Awh. Darn, I have to find somebody who hates this game and played SWG before for it to be funny, because SWG closed shop.

GO BACK TO WOW, NERD! :p

Haven't played WoW in a long time, haven't played any MMO in a long time actually. TOR is the first MMO I've spent time in since a handful of months after Cataclysm came out. And like I said TOR had potential, they just didn't get the finish and polish done in time. I don't "hate" the game at all, quite the opposite in fact, but I see nothing here to keep me playing (really most of the things I could even live with, but the big ticket items were a deal breaker for me). Oh well, I'll probably give GW2 a try once it is out and see if they can avoid the same pitfalls or not.

This is the problem with people like you; if someone insults the game and quit early it's always "well you haven't played enough to know." Whereas if you play enough to know it's "well you obviously like it enough to play."

Actually most of the people who are claiming to jump ship are those who are already 50 in the game and only hate it because end game isn't what they expected it to be. Whenever they slam their keyboards in rage writing a /mmoquit they go "but the story was amazing! the leveling was fun! could have been a little better about the grinding issue in some quests though."

Lol, really? only Hoth?

DC Universe especially. Let's also remember though that the player base in both of those games combined were dwarfed at launch by the sheer size of people waiting to play SW:TOR on launch day. Which is even more impressive as to how reasonably well the game [sW:TOR] launched.

While these are good points and certainly true, its all irrelevant now that its in the post release phase. Yeh you can talk about how good a launch it had all day long, but this sort of subscription haemorrhage and the boards awash with people who are so unhappy after only 2 months doesn't bode well for its future.

While these are good points and certainly true, its all irrelevant now that its in the post release phase. Yeh you can talk about how good a launch it had all day long, but this sort of subscription haemorrhage and the boards awash with people who are so unhappy after only 2 months doesn't bode well for its future.

Such crap. "This sort of subscription hemorrhage and the boards awash with people who are so unhappy after only 2 months doesn't bode well for its future."

MFW Implying that Bioware is bleeding subscriptions like a trauma patient. ->:rolleyes:

If I had a nickle every time a person posted a /mmoquit on an MMO forum I'd be making my own video game by now.

Edited by LucisAbyssus