Commando interupt solution.

Kiphere

now, this isn't a proper interupt because it'll only work on attacks and not heals but they didn't give us one for a reason and i have to feel like it was intentional. However, a mechanic I'd like to see is that diversion (i.e. the agro dropper) makes anyone targeting you actually lose target. This would interupt any active casts being thrown your way as well as make them have to actively target you again which will buy you some time to do your thing.

its a nice suggewstion but sadly not viable for the use we need...the problem's not soloing but boss fights , and I find that the things I want to interupt are not being thrown at me anyway but the tank..

we really just need a basic interupt ;)

its a nice suggewstion but sadly not viable for the use we need...the problem's not soloing but boss fights , and I find that the things I want to interupt are not being thrown at me anyway but the tank..

we really just need a basic interupt ;)

But this solution would also interrupt for the tank...not just you - your TARGET loses target (causing an interrupt).

I like this suggestion OP! Good thinking!

But this solution would also interrupt for the tank...not just you - your TARGET loses target (causing an interrupt).

I like this suggestion OP! Good thinking!

read it again old boy...."anyone targetting you"

however you make an interesting amendment that could make it possible...

read it again old boy...."anyone targetting you"

however you make an interesting amendment that could make it possible...

My apologies, that's what I get for skimming while I work. I read it as "anyone you're targeting"...which would do exactly what I think we need.

now, this isn't a proper interupt because it'll only work on attacks and not heals but they didn't give us one for a reason and i have to feel like it was intentional. However, a mechanic I'd like to see is that diversion (i.e. the agro dropper) makes anyone targeting you actually lose target. This would interupt any active casts being thrown your way as well as make them have to actively target you again which will buy you some time to do your thing.

No. First of all Diversion is not an "Aggro Dropper", it will REDUCE our threat, not dump it. So if you are still way ahead of the next person on threat, you will NOT lose aggro.

Secondly, interrupting targets that you are tanking as a Commando is not why most of us want an interrupt. We want it to interrupt bosses in PvE and other players in PvP. Both of which Diversion would not help us at all on.

Thirdly, we aren't the only ones that can reduce/drop our threat. Shadow and Sentinel for example can vanish in combat to completely drop their threat yet still have an interrupt. Sage can pull other players to reduce their threat and still has an interrupt. There is no logical reason as to why we don't have an interrupt and why we shouldn't have one. Every single dps class should be capable of interrupting.