The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone else Ripping enhancements from Agent gear for your Powertech stuff?

anarchythreeotwo

I started doing this when I noticed all the PT gear has accuracy rating on it. As a powertech my tech accuracy is already like 105% naturally, so I feel that the accuracy is a waste.

To better customize my gear, I have been buying the Agent tech gloves that have +23 end, +34 power, +48 surge and replacing all my accuracy modded gear with that.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? I mainly did it for the large increase to power from what was in the previous mod in my gear.

Also, I noticed a few of the eliminator gear pieces had more endurance than power, I am swapping those out as well for the power boost.

Edited by anarchythreeotwo

I have.

But remember Rail Shot isn't based off of Tech Accuracy...

Right I hear ya... But with the armor pen on railshot, even if the attack is shielded, it still does a rediculous amount of damage with 90% pen lol

I just want it to hit harder, currently on geared cloth targets im between 4000-4400, I wanna get up in the 5k range lol

Right I hear ya... But with the armor pen on railshot, even if the attack is shielded, it still does a rediculous amount of damage with 90% pen lol

I just want it to hit harder, currently on geared cloth targets im between 4000-4400, I wanna get up in the 5k range lol

If this a PvP thing, use 4 PC Combat Tech PvE. With PvP For the rest of your pieces. Best way to max out rail shot's damage.

Hmm.. Whats the bonus for the PvE Set? I use the PVP set for 15% railshot crit.

8% Railshot Damage. (Not to mention more Aim and endurance). You'll lose about 2% from the expertise loss, but gain 6% from the 4pc so for me, I like that better. I still get enough crits (Sit buffed around 33ish% ranged crit) that I don't suffer from it at all.

When railshots hit a burning target, and your heat is below 40, they are already free cause of the time it takes the GCD to tick down, the 8 heat is already dissipated.

More to the point, if you've got the railshot venting talent then you probably also have PPA, and that means a good portion of your 'shots will be free from the proc anyway.

Accuracy means it has to bypass someone's Defense; to bypass Shield with Rail Shot you have to crit (Tech/Force attacks bypass Shield without crit)

Only because Defense is weak in PvP due to the amount of Tech/Force being thrown around is why Accuracy sucks in PvP (no one gears for Defense). But I wouldn't throw those mods away; I expect some changes to Defense in 1.2 since without a boost to Defense four ACs are heavily hindered in PvP.