The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Two Vanguard tanks?

Mrbingbongpow

In my guild we've been talking about how our OP group is gonna look like.

We've been a little conserned about that we at the moment just have two vanguard tanks. Does anyone know if it's gonna be a problem using two vanguards instead of a vanguard and a guardian for example?

If you are talking about 8-man, you only need 1 tank for both EV and KP.

Yes.

Im the second tank barely doing anything.

Thats why im on lookout for a dps / tank build. If your going with two main tanks one fo you will have vry little to do.

And when you think of it, HM requires loads of tanks 1/4 and ops only the half 1/8. On a second thought again ... my guild are running most HMs with out any tank at all.

It depends on what you are trying to do, but generally, it doesn't matter what class your tank is, just that you have the right number. It would probably be most useful if one Vanguard focuses on being main tank, and the other focuses on DPS/off-tank.

In the situation of having two main tanks of different classes, I would want one of them to be a Shadow rather than a Guardian, because Shadows are strong against internal/elemental damage where Vanguards are weak.

Edited by FrostyDroid

Yes.

Im the second tank barely doing anything.

Thats why im on lookout for a dps / tank build. If your going with two main tanks one fo you will have vry little to do.

And when you think of it, HM requires loads of tanks 1/4 and ops only the half 1/8. On a second thought again ... my guild are running most HMs with out any tank at all.

You can try something like this.. dps in ion cell. you don't lose much dps, and can still have guard and pick things up if the main tank dies.