Silly Crew Skill Question

Anglerx

If you have two companions can you train them to each have different crew skills? I have Mako and that annoying robot. I trained Mako in underworld trading, investigation, and armstech. When I aquried the droid he came with the exact skills and would like him to have a different set.

Crew skills are for your entire crew. (:rolleyes:) You can't train each companion with a seperate one.

This. You learn what you want to and then you use your slaves *cough* companions I mean to do you bidding.

As you level you will be able to utilize more of them for missions, reaching a maximum of 5 at level 50. Meaning that you can have 5 companions doing various crew skills at a time.

With mission and gathering type professions, a companion can only do one of those at a time, but with crafting skills, you can queue up to 5 things to be created per companion.

Edited by Ohnoto

This. You learn what you want to and then you use your slaves *cough* companions I mean to do you bidding.

As you level you will be able to utilize more of them for missions, reaching a maximum of 5 at level 50. Meaning that you can have 5 companions doing various crew skills at a time.

With mission and gathering type professions, a companion can only do one of those at a time, but with crafting skills, you can queue up to 5 things to be created per companion.

You can use 5 at level 48, not 50. :)

While you cannot train them to have separate crew skills, each companion has a + bonus to particular skills. I believe Mako's is + to slicing and cybertech. None of the bonuses overlap between crew members, so you'll want to send them out to do whatever missions they have a + for best results.

Supposedly the higher a particular crew member's affection level, the higher chance of crit on crafting and missions. I haven't bothered working on affection levels outside of quest rewards, so I can't attest to how much of a difference it makes. But if you want to see, use companion gifts to raise their affection levels. There are lists on the net of what kind of gifts will give the most affection for each crew member. Mako's favorite gifts are underworld goods.