Quinn even worth keeping geared for any DPS hopes?

Darccone

So, I have a 36 Jugg that I have been using Quinn since pretty much got him. The Jugg does not kill as fast as the Maurader so I was hoping to use Vette the whole time till Jeasa with my 27 Maurader. Problem is I just got to Tatooine and I am finding that I am finishing fights with 2 silvers or 3-4 packs of mobs at like 25% health. So sigh, I think I need to use Quinn to lvl. I know I could use Vette and pop CD's/ health packs and rest after most fights, but I am lazy.

Question is, if I use Quinn is it even worth keeping him in top gear for any hope of DPS? I will of course upgrade him, but is there any hope he can do enought DPS to spend commendations/ money at IGN?

Any other tips to keep Vette out? Her and I kill sooo much faster with her.

Any other tips to keep Vette out? Her and I kill sooo much faster with her.

Well.. always keep her gear updated. You might even wanna try respeccing to Immortal (since you are 36 it's already very viable) and with good gear Vette will dish out some good damage + you'll generally have a much easier time - that is, if you really are too lazy to rest after a fight (;

I kept Vette the whole time as a Vengeance Jugg and I had no problems at all. Sure, you can't do H2 quests alone but that's extremely hard for a Jugg anyway.

EDIT: Seems like I misunderstood your post. As a Marauder Quinn is imo the best choice but if you really want to keep Vette (like I did) it shouldn't be a problem either. What spec are you using? Annihilation makes things much easier.

Edited by Kalimist_

If u keep Quinn geared up as a healer, u can solo many Heroic 2 quests and Champion mobs as Marauder.

Some Champions just hit too hard so it's not possible but most same level Champions can be soloed.

Do you mean Elite mobs or Champion? Post level 40 Champs have too many hit points for Quinn to keep up...even if both you and Quinn are well geared. If someone has a vid of a Marauder soloing a Champion lvl 50 mob with any companion I will tip my hat...

I wouldn't recommend turning his damage abilities off. He still does decent enough damage to help out. Keep him geared and remember to use your CDs and you won't have a problem with any quest. Even the last boss in the game for your class story is easy with Quinn out. Plus having little down time means you can bounce around without wasting built up Rage. Trust me.

Im doing Mara Carnage, and its sad that I have to use him (Medium Armor = Squishy melee class) and he not paticularly compelling storywise...that said............:

If you have quin out, there is literally no down time. Ive actually found he does such a good job healing me, I have to use my healing charge for him when he takes beatings. His AI is very smart, and hes pretty good about keeping alive even in high stress situations. If you keep him well geared; implants and all, his healing is very impressive. Ive done 4 man heroics with him healing the group! Like any healer, he has a hard time if the group of 4 get rushed, but in general very impressive healing.

Ive tried using Jaesa, Vette, and all the other companions actually, but evey time I go back to quin because you literally never have to stop, and if i do wipe, it because i wasnt using my cooldowns correctly, or let him get beat on by too many guys at once.

As for silver or gold mobs, never had a problem. Some golds i dont even drop below 90% with his heals. Platinums.....well I dont think they were meant to be Soloed, but Ive killed a few with just quinn......... a bit more of a chance tho, cause depending on how hard they hit, he cant heal quick enough to keep me alive for the super strong ones in a long fight.

I actually wish they would give us annother character or two with heal abilities(like jaesa as a healing inquisitor! That'd be pretty nice!) , because I kinda tire of Quinn, and his armor look pretty cheesey at times, but hey.....he is the best mara companion there is (shrug)

Dont worry about his DPS, If your healed up, he will use his gun, which if hes geared will do as much white damage as you do. And if you got your rotation going pretty well with your char, most mobs will die almost as quick as if you had a fully geared vette or jaesa out, and again "0" downtime!

Do you mean Elite mobs or Champion? Post level 40 Champs have too many hit points for Quinn to keep up...even if both you and Quinn are well geared. If someone has a vid of a Marauder soloing a Champion lvl 50 mob with any companion I will tip my hat...

No need for video proof, it's very doable.

My Marauder soloed all the way to 50 and was killing Elites that were 3 levels above me with ease.

Same level Champions are VERY doable... it's not a cakewalk, but it's very doable.

It's all about how well you and your companion are geared.. AND with the appropriate stats.