Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Has anyone noticed that this is supposed to be war between the Republic and Empire ?

Dalarin

I'm dropping my 3 month sub after looking at the path of future content and my disappointment seeing more effort on obscure non Star Wars content than on game mechanics and operation.

I was SOOOOOO dying to get ahold of the game and get back into a Star wars environment mmo. (Massively Multiplayer) not massively small group based compartmentalized adventure game.

Am I alone in saying I would rather have a continued storyline about the wars between the empire and republic then on rakghoul updates and introductions of rogue robot civilizations in the story of Star Wars ? (HINT: the name of the franchise is star WARS).

Why on Tython there still isn't a global flashpoint chat is beyond me. Who wants to sit in an area for an hour looking for people who are at the same level AND the same point in their story lines?

Why are we still debating the problems with server populations being too skewed one direction or another why is it still a "future" update that we'll get cross server warzone populating ?

I think the evidence on graphics based combat timing being a bad idea are in and proven. It's nice that my toon does a complete circle with his lightsaber but if I can be stunned in the middle of that animation then why can't i adjust myself and change my attack ?

The further I move into the different storylines of alts the more I'm just tired of being blocked from areas of a planet or looking at the same cliff stopping me from getting to the outpost or town just over there on the mini-map. Using terrain as a timesink is just an irritating idea.

Seriously what would fans say if they decided to take Mass Effect 3 and say hey look it's a race of space dragons who have shown up to conquer the universe.

Please get back on track and expand the stories of the basis of the game. Good vs. Evil. (not that even playing an evil toon gives you a sense of being evil in the universe)

I don't imagine that the emperor would be forgiving or accepting of sith who decided to be "good".

PLEASE get this back on track to being a great MMO instead of a Star Wars skinned WoW where every planet is just a larger version of a certain wookie planet in an old mmo.

the emperor actually does not care in the slightest >.> without spoilers I can say that much, he has his own plans.:p

you can really see escalated conflict though all over corellia, coronet city looks......well like a war zone.

Edited by MatronAdena

I hate to break it to you since you typed such a long post, they are actually in a cold war right now. The republic and Empire are not in a full scale war with each other.

Every planet is like Kashyyk????? (thats the wookie planet btw). With you saying that, have you even logged into the game and made a toon?

your quote:

PLEASE get this back on track to being a great MMO instead of a Star Wars skinned WoW where every planet is just a larger version of a certain wookie planet in an old mmo.

Edited by RycheMykola

Unless u havent paid attention through various story arcs The Emperor signed a PEACE Agreement. after the Sacking of Corusant. (first trailer)

If u want the full scale war before the game. read the book.

The Treaty of Corusant breaks near 50 and you can see some of this in its earlier lvl stages based on your class u played in either trying to protect or destroy the peace agreement.

On the Maelstrom Prison....

You find out the Revan used his mental link to the Emperor to give him fear and doubt

On Corellia...

You see the begining of the war anew as it becomes a fight for ownership of this planet

On Illum but not so well presented.

You are supposed to see the war itself shooting rockets at AT-ST variant walkers and blowing up turrets and slaughters x faction to help yours.

If u wanted the game to have the end of the war soon? then this wouldnt be a very good MMO with the story over. Rise of the Rakghouls is a biological outbreak. if u want. Chemical warfare which is a serious threat to both sides.

If u really going to q.q. cancle over it's scale in the war not enticing enough. learn to cook. because every dish has a little something extra that just makes it great.

Edited by Magnusheart

Am I alone in saying I would rather have a continued storyline about the wars between the empire and republic then on rakghoul updates and introductions of rogue robot civilizations in the story of Star Wars ? (HINT: the name of the franchise is star WARS).

Yes, you are alone.

Please get back on track and expand the stories of the basis of the game. Good vs. Evil. (not that even playing an evil toon gives you a sense of being evil in the universe)

I'm guessing that whole dark side / light side story arc choices went completely over your head there fella.

Here's a tip: good = light side, evil = dark side. Amazingly enough, it's completely consistent with Star Wars Lore.

Equally, you clearly do not comprehend the entry story arc lore for this MMO. It is interestingly enough based on a PEACE TREATY between Republic and Empire.

PEACE TREATY.... look it up in Websters. It is the absence (even if only temporary) of open war, by consent and mutual agreement between previously waring parties.

Edited by Andryah

The Empire and the Republic are so much busy at war that the devs are going to make us fight against our own faction soon.

The Imps are always fighting each other. So hungry for power.

(It also wouldn't be unheard of for the Republic to have disputes as well.)

I'm dropping my 3 month sub after looking at the path of future content and my disappointment seeing more effort on obscure non Star Wars content than on game mechanics and operation.

TLDR

Since you are quitting, your stuff shall be mine.

Personally, I would rather have a storyline that takes place during an era that most people give a damn about, which is to say not this one. Or at the very least make the storyline play out in the future so that we can have references to the accomplishments of the characters we've known and loved for decades.

Troopers break the treaty. The war is on going.

There are skirmishes, but not outright open large-scale warfare between the sides. For example, on Balmorra the republic military members there are considered as having gone rogue, including a general.

During the ten years after Operation Desert storm Iraq would periodically violate the "No fly zone", and we would retaliate with bombs and stuff, but we weren't at war.

Edited by terminova

Personally, I would rather have a storyline that takes place during an era that most people give a damn about, which is to say not this one. Or at the very least make the storyline play out in the future so that we can have references to the accomplishments of the characters we've known and loved for decades.

The problem is that as soon as they put the time period in an established time (say the OT like SWG) they are immediately limited in what they can and cannot do.

Placing the game 3000 years before all of that gives them virtually total freedom to do whatever they want to do, and not be constrained by the limitations set in place by what is seen on the big screen.

That was my biggest gripe with SWG... they added in things (jedi) that should not have existed in the time period in which the game was placed.

The biggest reason why I didn't play SWG is because it was set in the time of the movies, it was far to limiting on what they could do. Plus Jedi in that time frame? really?. The most interesting stuff of that time line really only happened in the movies. Everything that happened afterwards has been pretty well fleshed out and would restrict Bioware heavily on what they could do. The Old Republic time is far more open and gives Bioware lots of room to make content with.

Also this game does take place in a time that we care about, its basically a continuation of the KOTOR series which were very popular, even if it is 300 years later.

Peronally, I believe that the time frame int the movies are pretty week compared to the old republic time frame, and find the Old Republic era to be far more interesting then the Galactic Republic/Empire era.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

Yep. And just as pointless and redundant as all the others.

Interesting article in your sig. I wonder though what the greater danger is, individuals who are narcissistic or organizations squeezing the individuality out of people to meet goals, most of which have little human value?

Interesting article in your sig. I wonder though what the greater danger is, individuals who are narcissistic or organizations squeezing the individuality out of people to meet goals, most of which have little human value?

They are both as dangerous and evil IMO. :)

Why do people feel the need to RESIGN from a video game and post an explanation to their collegues,

'cause you need to resign to get your last check...oh wait.. they got confused between this game and their job.

Of course if they are unemployed and play the game way too many hours per day, then I have no explanation to offer on their behalf.

Then again, some of them also want refunds.... :p

Troopers break the treaty. The war is on going.

That depends on what planet you are on. Travel to one planet = no war. Travel to another = war. Travel back to another planet = no war.

So no one knows is there is a war going on or not. Not even the devs know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.