Just realized something..

DarthWomprat

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but I've been critical of the PVE aspect of this game because it seems so linear. While that's still true, I've noticed that, if you look up in areas such as Nar Shadda, the world is actually quite immersive. It's only when you are questing, and looking down, that everything seems "blah".

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone, but I've been critical of the PVE aspect of this game because it seems so linear. While that's still true, I've noticed that, if you look up in areas such as Nar Shadda, the world is actually quite immersive. It's only when you are questing, and looking down, that everything seems "blah".
Advanced Quest Tracker Syndrome.

I noticed it as well, but on Balmorra; then I remembered that Balmorra was possibly one of the best if not the best designed zone, and still isn't quite up to par (it's like 80-90% there).

Though I could stare at that vista in the Balmorran Arms Factory for awhile.

Nar Shaddaa had quite a bit of potential with its vertically layered zones; shame they didn't do more with that.

Edited by Ansultares

For me, that happened as early as Coruscant. Running to the senate, I stopped outside and just watched the vehicles zipping along. My wife brought her character beside mine and said, "According to 50's sci fi, this is what our world's supposed to look like today."

You know why Swtor is always going to seem lackluster and the environments horrible?

That's how a city is supposed to be. That's what a living world looks like. And that's just a city.

SWTOR got really lazy with their environment. They did some barely passable worlds, then barely populated them with any life whatsoever.

Bioware dropped the ball.

Edited by SoulstitchMMO

I agree.

And believe many players, particularly those that claim the worlds are dead, drab, lifeless, uninteresting...etc...etc. are so busy following the carrot on the end of the quest stick they don't really actually bother to observe the world they are playing on.

These are the same people who claim there are no weather affects in this game... which is funny when I'm standing in the rain on a planet, or speeding through snow flurries. I guess if their RL shorts are not actually wet and their RL fingers are not actually frost bitten, then it doesn't count. And the people that say the skys are dead, when I'm looking overhead seeing fighters swooping by and ground batteries strafing them as they do so.

Edited by Andryah

You know why Swtor is always going to seem lackluster and the environments horrible?

That's how a city is supposed to be. That's what a living world looks like. And that's just a city.

SWTOR got really lazy with their environment. They did some barely passable worlds, then barely populated them with any life whatsoever.

Bioware dropped the ball.

So, to recap, a dog barking, a guard talking to you, a splash of water, and a few fires going, and a big huge area to run around "create a vibrant, living environment"?

Sorry. I didn't see anything in that video that looked any more impressive than Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa.

Another D&D ripoff. No thanks.