My 2 cents on Marauders.

Avengelyne

Easymode is right on the money...I think this just might be beyond your skill level. I've played a Brigand and Dirge (both Scouts that are rather complex to play well) in EQ2, so this was right up my alley.

Saying "I'm a good Sorcerer" is pretty :rolleyes: and not worth comparing to playing this class. The only thing more laughable would be to say "I'm a great Arsenal Merc and boy howdy is this tough! There's WAY more than three buttons!"

As stated MANY times, this class is fine. It has some slightly more complex skill rotations than others. It simply isn't for you as it seems to have exceeded your play level. Stick with your Sorcerer and be happy. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I response to the post above mine:

D u d e... Its not the amount of buttons, its the freaking ammount of Trigered cooldowns on your USER INTERFACE.

ur rotation can easily trigger 12 cooldowns that range from 5 to 15 secs. Do you know what I mean?

I can easily use 100 buttons with naga + anansi KEYBOARD + CTRL, SHIFT, ALT, CTRL+SHIF+ETC.

I would be very happy if I could stare the fight a bit more instead of my UI.

Dont you tell me you dont stare your UI. Cus if you wanna do TOP dps, without cliping ur CDS U HAVE TO!

Thats my 2193 cents.

I response to the post above mine:

D u d e... Its not the amount of buttons, its the freaking ammount of Trigered cooldowns on your USER INTERFACE.

ur rotation can easily trigger 12 cooldowns that range from 5 to 15 secs. Do you know what I mean?

I can easily use 100 buttons with naga + anansi KEYBOARD + CTRL, SHIFT, ALT, CTRL+SHIF+ETC.

I would be very happy if I could stare the fight a bit more instead of my UI.

Dont you tell me you dont stare your UI. Cus if you wanna do TOP dps, without cliping ur CDS U HAVE TO!

Thats my 2193 cents.

I can understand your potential frustration, but at the risk of beating a dead horse I bring up EQ2 again: I have 3 hotbars of just ATTACKS on my Brigand. This is not including the two bars of permanent and temp buffs. And EVERYTHING is on it's own CD timer. THAT has me staring at my hotbars.

In this case, a glance is more than enough for me personally. After playing the class for some time I find you get a feel for when you can use and reuse your skills. Again, I reiterate that this class definitely isn't for everyone. Complex rotations and fitting more skills in said rotation than the bulk of other classes can be daunting for some people. And for these people, I suggest playing something less challenging, rather than trying to dumb down this class to suit their ability.

Edited by AmedusTOR

I have 3 hotbars of just ATTACKS on my Brigand. This is not including the two bars of permanent and temp buffs. And EVERYTHING is on it's own CD timer. THAT has me staring at my hotbars.

^.

I played a Skald in DAOC, and unlike most Skalds I actually used more than 1 attack. So, I had 2 hotbars full of weapon attacks, 1 hotbar for shouts and CC, 1 hotbar for song buffs that I twisted (yes, I twisted **** on a Skald when I had end, **** you all).

And Skalds were easy**** to play compared to, say, a Bard or Minstrel.

Honestly any class aside from the Marauder / Jugg in this game makes me fall asleep. Marauder's the best class in the game, and just about the only class worth playing.

I can understand your potential frustration, but at the risk of beating a dead horse I bring up EQ2 again: I have 3 hotbars of just ATTACKS on my Brigand. This is not including the two bars of permanent and temp buffs. And EVERYTHING is on it's own CD timer. THAT has me staring at my hotbars.

In this case, a glance is more than enough for me personally. After playing the class for some time I find you get a feel for when you can use and reuse your skills. Again, I reiterate that this class definitely isn't for everyone. Complex rotations and fitting more skills in said rotation than the bulk of other classes can be daunting for some people. And for these people, I suggest playing something less challenging, rather than trying to dumb down this class to suit their ability.

- EQ2 really? Isnt this game F2P right now? The one with old engine and design?

- I see you braging because you play a class with some complex ( In a bad way ) to it.

- You're wrong, its not dumbing down. Staring at your UI at a glance is one thing, but having to stare a lot is really annoying. Its just bad. Trust me on this.

As you may have notice a lot of players are having a bad time playing Annihilation spec. The problem is that if you play Carnage or RAGE youre gimping urself.

As I stated a before, this is the worst place to question game design issues. THis is the place where all the 5% hardcore pvpers come in a daily basis. Bad for this community the avarage player dont even know this forum existis. They just reroll BH or wathever.

Edited by Superastro

- EQ2 really? Isnt this game F2P right now? The one with old engine and design?

- I see you braging because you play a class with some complex ( In a bad way ) to it.

- You're wrong, its not dumbing down. Staring at your UI at a glance is one thing, but having to stare a lot is really annoying. Its just bad. Trust me on this.

As you may have notice a lot of players are having a bad time playing Annihilation spec. The problem is that if you play Carnage or RAGE youre gimping urself.

As I stated a before, this is the worst place to question game design issues. THis is the place where all the 5% hardcore pvpers come in a daily basis. Bad for this community the avarage player dont even know this forum existis. They just reroll BH or wathever.

-What the hell does the fact it's EQ2 have to do with anything? We're talking class complexity, not waving game engines at one another.

-It's not bragging: it's fact. I enjoy a challenge. I would rather play a class that requires some skill to be good at rather than "push these 3 buttons and you win".

-Yes, its dumbing down. And I fear I must reiterate yet again: I'm not forced to stare at my UI when I play. At all. A glance here and there, but that's to be expected.

In regards to your last comment, I think its you that needs to reroll to BH or Sorcerer sir. It may be a little more your speed.

^ TO THE POST ABOVE ^

No, I am not playing anything but my annihilation. I also enjoy the chalenge. But I also enjoy quality of life.

Btw the class is not hard, it just take too much effort to perform above avarage, where other classes dont have to struggle a 99 button "priority rotation" among with energy, procs and bleed stack management.

I personaly am acostumed. Cant say that to all the other 95% of the knights around.

Right?

This game btw is meant to be played by everyone. Sorry if you still think the class wont change in the future. It will, this is just the "thing" that happen in every mmo that wants to be in the big league. Get used to it. They will make the class more enjoyable to the newcomers and yet keep the class at a chalenging level for "hardcore"saiajins like you sir.

Your online reputation is safe. Rlx, ur still 1337!

^ TO THE POST ABOVE ^

No, I am not playing anything but my annihilation. I also enjoy the chalenge. But I also enjoy quality of life.

Btw the class is not hard, it just take too much effort to perform above avarage, where other classes dont have to struggle a 99 button "priority rotation" among with energy, procs and bleed stack management.

I personaly am acostumed. Cant say that to all the other 95% of the knights around.

Right?

This game btw is meant to be played by everyone. Sorry if you still think the class wont change in the future. It will, this is just the "thing" that happen in every mmo that wants to be in the big league. Get used to it. They will make the class more enjoyable to the newcomers and yet keep the class at a chalenging level for "hardcore"saiajins like you sir.

Your online reputation is safe. Rlx, ur still 1337!

99 buttons is a bit of a stretch, son.

This has nothing at all about being "l337" or "hardcore". This is dumbing down a class.

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude