Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Nerf Inquisitors!

Asphen

Yeah, everyone knows that the Sorcs are a little OP. (I don't think by much, but a little)

But what is seems to be flying under the radar is how strong/OP the Assassins are. From anyone actually playing the game, the Assassin is what I would consider the most OP of classes.

It's kinda okay that they are super-steely tough, deal lost of damage, full ranged attacks, steath, pull, etc.

But the stuns of Inquisitors is what pushes it over the edge.

I've been killed within the duration of a 4 second stun just one too many times. It isn't fun. Please nerf the stun of Inquisitors. I'd lower the duration of it. 2 seconds is plenty of time. It's enough to get two GCD worth of hits on people, or to create plenty of space if you are kiting.

There is no reason for Inquisitor stun to be 4 seconds in duration.

/sigh

When will the WoW kiddies stop with their nerf cries? It's a different class every day.

It's kinda okay that they are super-steely tough, deal lost of damage, full ranged attacks, steath, pull, etc.

1. They are only tough if they go tank spec, but then they only do medium damage.

2. They only do high damage if they go dps spec, but then they are not super tough.

3. Pull is very high up in the tank tree, so the dps specs don't get it.

4. Full ranged attacks.....ummm what? Just about all their attacks are 4m/10m melee/close range attacks, they are certainly not "FULL" ranged attacks.

5. 4 second stun is nothing, trinket out of it or just wait, it's only TWO hits....... Stun = 1.5 gcd, hit 1 = 1.5 gcd (we're up to 3 seconds now) hit 2 = 1.5 gcd ..... and you're free. 2 hits zomg! If you die in 2 hits from an assassin you're really, really terrible.

6. Stop with the nerf cries or go back to WoW.

Edited by Evuke

I thought assassins "ranged" was 10m

Their stun still has a 30m range like all 1-min-cd 4-sec-long stuns.

They can use their dps cooldown to increase one ranged ability to 30m as long as the buff is up (and it's a ****** ability they rarely use, too)

Otherwise, yes.

Gcd is 1.5 seconds so a 2 second stun allows us to do 1 ability and have 1 second left till our next abilty it would be like this

Hit stun 1.5 second gcd starts

Targets stunned 2 seconds

Gcd finishes cast instant/get .5 seconds into a cast)

Target is unstunned and inturrupts/stuns back

Wow glad there was that 2 seconds that got me a whole 1/3 of a cast time on my heal.

If your dieing in a 4 second stun it could be one of 3 things

1. being hit by more then a sith sorc

2. they out gear you 1000 times.

3. The stun starts when you already have dots/75% life already (would say this is most likly and that's still assuming they have wrath proced and get instant cast ls followed by instant cast cl)

they already ruined the hybird build which was great, most used it who i know. This class does not need a nerf it is perfectly fine. This class takes alot of skill to play, lots ok keybinds, cooldowns and what have you. Im not saying its the hardest class to play but its up there, and a well played say darkness spec can be quite a challange to bring down wile an idiot playing one wont last at all.

they already ruined the hybird build which was great, most used it who i know. This class does not need a nerf it is perfectly fine. This class takes alot of skill to play, lots ok keybinds, cooldowns and what have you. Im not saying its the hardest class to play but its up there, and a well played say darkness spec can be quite a challange to bring down wile an idiot playing one wont last at all.

I've played full-Infiltration since Day 1 and loved it.

Yeah, everyone knows that the Sorcs are a little OP. (I don't think by much, but a little)

But what is seems to be flying under the radar is how strong/OP the Assassins are. From anyone actually playing the game, the Assassin is what I would consider the most OP of classes.

I've been killed within the duration of a 4 second stun just one too many times. It isn't fun. Please nerf the stun of Inquisitors. I'd lower the duration of it. 2 seconds is plenty of time. It's enough to get two GCD worth of hits on people, or to create plenty of space if you are kiting.

No, buff our lightsaber damage...hits so weak.

Assassins are fine, you should l2p.

The Frontal Attacks for Sin,s is Weak, -Once you learn how to Play Sins thier very good at what they do - they arnt OP - In fact they are very Good at Kiling repub-

i should know, When you drop like Flys to me, :p but healing commandos are a Big pain in Wz.

do not have rolleyes icon big enough for this post :rolleyes:

you should really try playing a class before you make such inappropriate 'demands'

tank spec has pull and its high up in the tank spec tree to get this ability, tank spec has bad damage

"super steely"? I wish, your talking about the bad damage tank spec again aren't you? otherwise we have light armor, no defensive cd's and the only way for us to get away is to use this "stealth" you want to throw in a complaint about also. Which is usually easy broken by that random commando/bh with stealth scan ability

if you were killed within the 4 sec stun, you need to gear up like the rest of us did, until then... suck it up princess

ranged attack? you mean that 1 awful lightning damage we do that works up to 10metres unless we use a 1min 30 cd to make it 30m for 2 attacks? (that is much much much better spent elsewhere and should only ever be used on voidstar or civil war if you need to get an interrupt on someone capping the objective and you know you will never reach them)

i presume the "etc" is because you ran out of things to moan about, this is simply because we are probably the most balanced class around right now, and we suffered badly from the imposed recent surge nerf making our burst damage worse than it already was

your points are moot, you are whining and annoying people in the process. Sick to the back teeth of seeing "nerf <enter random class here that just spanked me in my lvl 50 blue armor>" thread being created on a daily basis.

Grow up, and learn to play. and if you decide to post again, think rationally and perhaps seek advice beforehand because otherwise you just come across as a spoiled little brat.

Chief.

"super steely"? I wish, your talking about the bad damage tank spec again aren't you? otherwise we have light armor, no defensive cd's and the only way for us to get away is to use this "stealth" you want to throw in a complaint about also. Which is usually easy broken by that random commando/bh with stealth scan ability

I agree with you completely, but we have 2 defensive cooldowns, one of which is absolutely amazing.

The Frontal Attacks for Sin,s is Weak, -Once you learn how to Play Sins thier very good at what they do - they arnt OP - In fact they are very Good at Kiling repub-

i should know, When you drop like Flys to me, :p but healing commandos are a Big pain in Wz.

I thought sins were OP when I did 800k damage in a WZ but I do the same crap on my BH. :)

I agree with you completely, but we have 2 defensive cooldowns, one of which is absolutely amazing.

that first one the bonus to defence, it only works against default attacks and not tech/force/special attacks from what i have noticed :(

I will agree force shroud is brilliant though especially for clearing dots before vanish or just to fight and resist a lot of force/tech attack for that brief but satisfying 3 seconds

but its hardly the SW/BH type CD that they can just walk through fires on huttball and seems to last for ages, if you get me

and as a dps spec as soon as that 3 secs is up we are toast against any more than 1 person :), we are hardly "steely" as described

Edited by Chiefy

Nice to assume but i'll write it off as you're butt hurt and can't do it. Sorry you're not as skilled as me.

Ye I'll take your word for it, lol.

At least its easy to see that your full of shi...

Edited by upzie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.