The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Infected by Rakghouls

AoriiShiiCho

Hi, I'm on Taris trying to get infected by a rakghoul. I have a limited amount of time to get infected. I got infected but it wore off. My quest guide didn't tell me what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated!

Did it not just keep refreshing? It did when I did it on my Smuggler. Just kept stooging around doing other quests and eventually got a "You're infected. See the robot." progress flytext.

This quest is broken for me completely. I can't get infected.

Here's what I have tried:

1. Fighting ghouls right on the map dot
  2. Fighting the red elites
  3. Letting the red elites kill me
  4. Dismissing my companion
  5. Abandoning the mission and picking it up again

I never get the "see the robot" fly out text.

I tend to queue for WZ's while doing missions, maybe that's what is breaking it.

I am going to out-level the zone before I finish this mission.

Make sure your pet is on passive so you are taking all the hits. If after about 15 minutes, you still do not get quest progression, abandon and retake the quest. I had this quest bug out on me on 3 out of 4 characters I took through Taris.

Getting infected and getting infected for the quest are 2 different things. Once you get infected, the timer will go away and it'll tell yo to report to B1-N2 (I'm making the droid name up, but it's a droid you must report to).

You must get hit by a red. Standard mobs don't trigger the next step in the quest.

All I do is: put companion on passive, run right up to a red, and I've never failed to get infected within seconds. You can feel free to kill the mobs after the quest updates.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
Getting infected and getting infected for the quest are 2 different things. Once you get infected, the timer will go away and it'll tell yo to report to B1-N2 (I'm making the droid name up, but it's a droid you must report to).

This. Took me 2.5 HOURS with my Jedi, but about 5 minutes with my Trooper...

You must get hit by a red. Standard mobs don't trigger the next step in the quest.

All I do is: put companion on passive, run right up to a red, and I've never failed to get infected within seconds. You can feel free to kill the mobs after the quest updates.

Hope that helps.

Unless I was bugged in some way this is not true. I got the quest and fought the first group of mobs I came across. It was a standard group of four and they infected me.

Unless I was bugged in some way this is not true. I got the quest and fought the first group of mobs I came across. It was a standard group of four and they infected me.

And I had a different experience on my Smuggler. I spent about an hour running all over that area trying to get the fly text. I reset the quest (daughter looked up the info while I was trying) and the first red rakghoul that hit me gave me what I needed. On my original Smuggler (different server), it only took me about 10 minutes. For some reason, it can easily get bugged with way to tell until you've gone around in circles for an hour or so.

You don't have to get infected in that area. You can get infected by any rakghoul on Taris. Just go on and keep doing your quests and you'll get infected.

Anf the dot it places on you is different from getting infected for the quest.

I did that quest and had no trouble but I was playing with my sister who couldn't get infected. She found out her quest was bugged and a quick reset of the mission fixed it for her. Edited by TheSeer