lvl 50 splat....back to Medic?

pondz

Hi all ,just turned lvl 50 and im gunnery commando , had enough wz coms for 6 champ bags which gave me all tokens......so got a couple of centurion peices and a champion implant , the rest of my gear is lvl 40 pvp armour modded to lvl 50.

I head of to a WZ and splat .........my performance was appalling and I die way too quick. Now this is my second lvl 50 , I have a sage healer that does more than ok for himself and well on his way to BM.

My question is should i switch to combat medic until ive built my gear up a bit? I mean unless im doing something wrong Im struggling to cope in WZ . Any advice would be great.

Edited by pondz

thank you for the reply .

I wasnt just worried about staying alive a bit longer ....... just looking to be a bit more useful to the team etc .

Funny enough i found a post by 'Secured' about a hybred setup , which after switching to im doing a fair amount of dammage still but im defenately staying alive longer and more useful to the team .I guess the setup just suits me and the way i play a bit better than full dps.

I suggest just hanging in there. 50 PVP is rough until you have most of your gear filled with PVP pieces. I would honestly stay away from hybrid builds for the commando because of the different types of gear needed for medic vs DPS...let alone the switching of cells.

Using heals without the support cell isn't as good as it should be, using gunnery without armor piercing cell isn't as good as it should be, and using assault without plasma isn't as good as it should be. Just concentrate on using quality strats/tactics and mastering your spec.

thank you for the reply .

I wasnt just worried about staying alive a bit longer ....... just looking to be a bit more useful to the team etc .

Funny enough i found a post by 'Secured' about a hybred setup , which after switching to im doing a fair amount of dammage still but im defenately staying alive longer and more useful to the team .I guess the setup just suits me and the way i play a bit better than full dps.

That's close to the "classic" 24/17 PVP hybrid but your going to want combat shield for PVP and probably the concussive force lowered cooldown at least a point...12 seconds of immunity to interrupt is invaluable in PVP you can survive being focus fired by 2 or 3 DPS easily or you can grav the hell out of those hybrid Sorcs.

I suggest just hanging in there. 50 PVP is rough until you have most of your gear filled with PVP pieces. I would honestly stay away from hybrid builds for the commando because of the different types of gear needed for medic vs DPS...let alone the switching of cells.

Combat Support Cell is the way to go. I currently play a 25/16/0 build and you get 3% more damage and heal and access to SCC which is one of the better spells in the game (2 ammo and 10% more healing and damage plus buffs on certain skills.... and all FOR FREE)

Armor Piercing Cell only gives you about 6% more damage against heavy armor. Cell Charger is really nice though.

just wanted to throw that out there ;)

Hi all ,just turned lvl 50 and im gunnery commando , had enough wz coms for 6 champ bags which gave me all tokens......so got a couple of centurion peices and a champion implant , the rest of my gear is lvl 40 pvp armour modded to lvl 50.

I head of to a WZ and splat .........my performance was appalling and I die way too quick. Now this is my second lvl 50 , I have a sage healer that does more than ok for himself and well on his way to BM.

My question is should i switch to combat medic until ive built my gear up a bit? I mean unless im doing something wrong Im struggling to cope in WZ . Any advice would be great.

***? I've opened 10 bags and got nothing so far. I have 3 pieces of gear and a hybrid spec, combat medic and gunnery. Surprisingly, I can hold my own pretty well up against the normal team of 4-6 inquisi*****s and other imps, mostly well-geared. I was expecting to get farmed but i'm actually able to stay on my feet and pump out useful heals and damage. The biggest trick for me has been to stay as mobile as possible. LOS and making a run for it when faced with certain death.

Not sure what your build is. Are you running off solo or sticking with a group?