Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cost of speeding training ever going to be sane?

Coyotecalls

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not ignoring them I'm reading them and most of them say "Do slicing and make lots of money." I want to level biochem while I'm leveling. To level biochem I need something other than slicing. So no, I'm not skipping my crafting and I'm not taking slicing. Think about this, lets use a real life example.

I leveled Scavenging and Armormech on my Vanguard, who's correctly level 37. He has more than enough money for level 40 speeder training.

And I didn't have Underworld Trading the ENTIRE time I leveled Armormech, so I had to buy around 100k worth of blue materials off the GTN.

It's VERY easy to earn credits in this game. You're obviously doing something wrong, because you're the only one having this problem.

If you attempt ANY of the following while leveling:

- upgrade starship

- train in crafting

- send companions on missions (other than slicing)

- buying stims

- buying upgraded armor, weapons or mods

You will not have enough at 40 for the speeder.

To have enough at 40, you need to completely avoid crafting, companion missions (other than slicing) and obviously avoid buying anything including stims or armor or slot upgrades.

I was wondering why they even have vendors selling stims, armor, weapons or access to the galactic trade system until after level 40. If you participate in ANY of these things you will not have the money at 40 for the speeder.

This is completely false. I had biochem almost at 400, the first set of upgrades for my star ship, 3 extra rows of bag space and an extra bank tab at 40 and after training and buying my mount and speeder training I still had over 100k credits. At 50 after training and buying a mount I still had over 500k credits and all I did to make money was to sell the trash/quest rewards from questing.

And no i didnt make a single credit from biochem except for whatever I got from vendoring the crap I made

ok, so to all you poor people:

this is my first mmorpg, and when i hit 25, i had more than the money for the mount.

when i hit 40, i had more than 400k, and 2 rows of inventory left.

when i hit 50, i had 900k credits.

NOW LISTEN CLOSELY AND REPEAT :

1. DONT BUY ALL SKILLS U DONT NEED MOST OF THEM - upgrade your main spells thats enough!! you dont need to upgrade any **** spell, upgrade it when ure 50, then it costs max 13k per skill for most!!

2. DONT USE CREW SKILLS crafting is useless, dont make it, and even if u want...do it at 50.

3. DONT BUY ANY *********** THING...

u buy **** from u dont need from vendros, u buy skills u dont need.

its ur own damn fault, not the games...

do what i said next time, and u swim in credits when ure lvl 40

Edited by saidmo

Naaabs!

By the time I was level 40, I had all my crew skills maxed (sythweaving, underground and treasure), all maxed by sending out my companions on missions, I didn't do a single one of them myself (like gathering).

I had speeder training + 2 mounts and all available abilities bought.

When I hit 50 I had 1.5 million credits.

All I did was doing WZs and some dailies. I never bought ANYTHING from the AH or whatever it's called in this game. I have full epic gear on both me and my companion and it cost me nothing.

I have NOTHING to do with my credits, nothing to spend it on (except repairs, but small amount and very rarerly I need repairs), so it just keeps on pouring in :(

Now after being 50 for some weeks, I have 5.3 million credits, doing the same things.

Edited by IronclawFTW

ok, so to all you poor people:

this is my first mmorpg, and when i hit 25, i had more than the money for the mount.

when i hit 40, i had more than 400k, and 2 rows of inventory left.

when i hit 50, i had 900k credits.

NOW LISTEN CLOSELY AND REPEAT :

1. DONT BUY ALL SKILLS U DONT NEED MOST OF THEM - upgrade your main spells thats enough!! you dont need to upgrade any **** spell, upgrade it when ure 50, then it costs max 13k per skill for most!!

2. DONT USE CREW SKILLS crafting is useless, dont make it, and even if u want...do it at 50.

3. DONT BUY ANY *********** THING...

u buy **** from u dont need from vendros, u buy skills u dont need.

its ur own damn fault, not the games...

do what i said next time, and u swim in credits when ure lvl 40

Nab, I sent my crew to do missions all the time, I never did a single one myself, I bought all skills... and still tons of credits left all the time.

while I've had plenty of money, more or less, I still think the scaling of costs and reward credits is ridiculous.

It all starts to loose any sort of relevance or context. And why do soldiers in military organizations have to pay for training anyway?

Since cost scales with money earned, the money earned has no added value really. It all could have been scaled down by a factor of 100 and it wouldn't make a difference -- other than to feel less like an inflationary banana republic where thousands of credits buys you a drink at the bar.

Just PvE leveling should net you enough money to buy speeder trainings + mounts...

I don't agree though that you should just skip crafting to conserve credits.

Just check the GTN for sth you can craft that nobody else offers and sell it.

I had my Cybertech maxed by lvl 44 and never was short on credits even though from lvl 40 on i was constantly buying prototype armor over the GTN.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.