Bioware is committing self sabotage

Kwalruff

Feh.. silly post OP. So.. in your opinion, with their servers hitting a heavy load, and queues lining up.. your solution is to just let loose the floodgates and let everyone play? You are not in network infrastructure.. are you.

People are lucky they let in as many as they did. I was hoping to get in today.. but I'll be patient and wait until tomorrow, when the load is much less, and I can play without crowds of people waiting in line to kill mobs.

Your post like so many other is just plain impatience. If they had listened to people like you, the servers would have been overburdened, and you'd be right back here with everyone else complaining about the ridiculous queues. Gimme gimme nownownow... mentality of too many people in these times, it saddens me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Queue times are long because they are not just dumping out a bunch of servers. It cost for every server that they have up. They have a certain amount of people that can be on 1 server at a time. Why would they throw out as an example 50 servers when they only need 30 or so? Pay on an extra 20, when they didn't need them. A lot of money has been spent already on this game, i'm sure they don't wanna be using money places they don't have to. They are releasing them 1 by 1 when the number of people grows. Also, if they open too many servers and they end up merging them, uh oh here would come the talk of the game starting to fail.

I have been following this game since its original press release 3 years ago with incredible anticipation. I have watched in awe as they took the great potential from other MMO's (the gameplay of WOW, crafting and dungeons revolutionized through Everquest, the rich world of Star Wars Galaxies to name a few). When they introduced the voice acting concept and committed to following through the entire game with it I had a moment of reflection at the amazing decision the company made.

With that said, I have been watching the EGA launch and I have a question that I seriously want a Bioware representative to answer...

Are you all intentionally trying to upset and alienate your customer base or are you all just completely inept?

This idea was good on paper. The idea of trying to avoid heavy server login issues, crashing, and queue's was a truly sound idea. But with all the millions of dollars and I am assuming hundreds of people involved in this project, not one of you mouth breathers stood up and said "Hey this staggered invitation thing isn't working, the servers are still being pushed to their limits."

At the point that your experiment to alleviate the pressure of initial launch FAILED, and I mean crashed like a chunk of blue ice falling from a plane lavatory, perhaps you should have just gone with the only thing you had left... Giving your customers what they have been harassing you for for THREE DAYS.

Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, and after seeing over three days and three attempts at this that your plan was not working, would it not have been the most basic common sense of a toddler to stop it?!

This company has been responsible for some of the most amazing entertainment creations in gaming history (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Ultima Online, and many more). The immense fan base that you have built over the years looks at you as veterans of the gaming industry. That experience, combined with the years of MMO's before you as a minefield of failures and triumphs created expectations from the customers.

Expectations which you as a company have yet to live up to.

It's time for all of you to sit in your conference rooms tomorrow, take five minutes to realize when you have failed at something, and take action to improve the situation.

no offense but this sounds like a whiny post by a spoiled brat that didn't get their invite into the game. With this said it is in fact "ONLY A GAME" and not the end of the world. Go outside get some fresh air, hang out with friends(if you have any) go see your g/f or b/f(if you have either one). So concluding this, stop the whining it isn't going to change the fact of you being in the game or not in the game to be quite brutally honest.

Three days of this crap and more to come, this game will always be remembered for this debacle of a early access and there stubborn efforts to continue with it for bloddy days, i mean ***? I plan on playing this game with 4 of my friends no doubt but the words wave, upto, and pre order dates will forever be stuck in my mind when thinking or playing this game. I cannot believe this is now going on day 4.

Just open the bloody flood gates for the rest on us underprivileged to play it wont matter anymore.

Early Access:

Free one to seven days given out freely (which they didn't have to do in the first place)

The servers have ques but they aren't that bad

The servers are having extremely few issues

They are continuing to launch new servers

They are continuing to invite mroe players

I don't see this as a failure what so ever. Its the smoothest launch I've ever seen in a MMO

Agreed. Pre-ordered (and applied code) the first day it was available. So for (aside from some nominal FPS issues in graphic intense areas) I've had ZERO problems.

Three days of this crap and more to come, this game will always be remembered for this debacle of a early access and there stubborn efforts to continue with it for bloddy days, i mean ***? I plan on playing this game with 4 of my friends no doubt but the words wave, upto, and pre order dates will forever be stuck in my mind when thinking or playing this game. I cannot believe this is now going on day 4.

Just open the bloody flood gates for the rest on us underprivileged to play it wont matter anymore.

Its funny, the only people with issues with the waves are the immature that failed to plan in advance.

It is good that you will remember what upto and pre-order date means. You will be prepared for more things in life if you understand these concepts.

Obviously, you have not played many MMO's. About 1 year ago, a game called Rift was launched, which had a PERFECT launch. Many other games has been better at launch as well. But Rift will (for me) be the perfect example of how you launch a server without any trouble whatsoever.

Rift was a good launch, but you had lag spikes, you had server crashes, even during headstart.

Its funny, the only people with issues with the waves are the immature that failed to plan in advance.

It is good that you will remember what upto and pre-order date means. You will be prepared for more things in life if you understand these concepts.

This is going on day 4 with what 10 percent left to invite? there's no reason to irratate customers still. I have gone through many ega for new mmos and have never seen this before nor did i know this was planned i admit, but 4 days comon.

This is going on day 4 with what 10 percent left to invite? there's no reason to irratate customers still. I have gone through many ega for new mmos and have never seen this before nor did i know this was planned i admit, but 4 days comon.

They are not going to change their plans for you. You are not a unique snowflake. You not reading about early access being granted based on order date is....your fault.

I have gone through EGA on MMO's and I prefer this way. No reports of major lag, crashes, etc. Why get 5 days of early access for everyone, where 2-3 days are spent fixing servers, when you can get everyone in for 4 days and have smooth service?

Small queues, 10 mins was the longest queue I had. I never crashed, nor did the server while I played.

And the small player base, is completely irrelevant, as a smaller player base, equals less money for servers and staff, and a larger player base, more money for servers and staff.

I had 20-45 minute ques the first week. Not a lot of crashes but had a couple. And had some amazing lag on day 2.

Incorrect. Rift had a flawless launch.

To be fair Rift was not on the same scale as this. SWTOR has alot and i mean alot of preorders.

Still again i hold to my oringal advice. access should be granted on the basis of the servers they have to support it. augment serverload based upon data accrued by time and frequency of log ins to each server.

..really easy to do..then adjust to allow more players as the intial rush subsides.

NEVER should any server intially allow more chars CREATED than it was designed to hold..adjust per formula above

easy peasy. I would rather wait for my access than have a Q

Edited by Fedaykan

Early Access:

Free one to seven days given out freely (which they didn't have to do in the first place)

The servers have ques but they aren't that bad

The servers are having extremely few issues

They are continuing to launch new servers

They are continuing to invite mroe players

I don't see this as a failure what so ever. Its the smoothest launch I've ever seen in a MMO

EGA was NOT FREE. PERIOD. YES they had to do it, we PRE-ORDERED FOR EGA. PERIOD.

I really wish you 10 year olds who had your parents by you this game for Christmas would realize this and quit posting non-sense.

We PAID for early access. It IS NOT a perk or something special from BW.

Jesus procrastinate on buying a video game? is that a bad thing or good thing, those two words shouldnt be used in the same sentence.

If you want EGA, and EGA is based on pre-order date it is a bad thing. You can still cancel your order with most, if not all, stores and get a full refund.

Ok I read every bit of that dribble. I have to admit you do put up for a good argument if you are wanting the game to fail. I think things could have been handled differently and I don't think it is "The Smoothest MMO Launch Ever"....what I do think is they have done an alright Job Launching the BIGGEST MMO Populations Launch at start in History....and until you create develop and Launch a Bigger one better you need to chill out and stop this sort of nonsense!!!!