Ashara's DPS

Felkroth

I can't find the thread I was reading a few days ago, possibly this'll be a repost of the same discussion, sorry. I've took to gearing out my companions, and really enjoy running HMs for companion gear, and buying raid loot for them. Xalek now has like 21k+, Ashara is sitting at almost 18k, and working on Khem, and Talos next.

Anyway, what I'm curious about is Asharas dps stances. What seems like the better dps stance for her? Esanguination vs Perforation. The difference between a constant 15% armor pentration vs. a 300dmg proc on all attacks.

Upfront I read them both and it seems to me that 15 armor penetration would be the best compared to a 6 second tick of 300dmg, but testing and pulling mobs with her it just seriously feels like Esanguination dps's better/quicker.

Which do you think is better? Esanguination or Perforation?

Off the top of my head I can only think that her bonus dmg proc does not scale with gear. If that is the case then the armor penetration would be more useful for her dps since more of her gear dmg can get through. I am no theory crafting dps scientist though.

Off the top of my head I can only think that her bonus dmg proc does not scale with gear. If that is the case then the armor penetration would be more useful for her dps since more of her gear dmg can get through. I am no theory crafting dps scientist though.

Actually I'm pretty sure it does scale up with the hilts. But I'd need to waste some money testing.

People that tested found exsanguination to be slightly better if I remember well.

I can't find the thread I was reading a few days ago, possibly this'll be a repost of the same discussion, sorry. I've took to gearing out my companions, and really enjoy running HMs for companion gear, and buying raid loot for them. Xalek now has like 21k+, Ashara is sitting at almost 18k, and working on Khem, and Talos next.

Anyway, what I'm curious about is Asharas dps stances. What seems like the better dps stance for her? Esanguination vs Perforation. The difference between a constant 15% armor pentration vs. a 300dmg proc on all attacks.

Upfront I read them both and it seems to me that 15 armor penetration would be the best compared to a 6 second tick of 300dmg, but testing and pulling mobs with her it just seriously feels like Esanguination dps's better/quicker.

Which do you think is better? Esanguination or Perforation?

Do you happen to be one of those recount / combat parse haters in the other threads?

This is where having damage meters would shine aint it?

Ps: sorry for hijacking your thread to get my point across those numbskulls :)

Repost from my own thread last week:

I took a specific mob, with 125kish health and tested out each of my viable dps companions. I tried to get their mods as close to each other as I could.

Dps pets:

Ashara 577 dps Exsan mode

Ashara 522 dps Perf mode

Revel 505 dps Sniper mode

Khem 400 dps in Offense mode

Khem 356 dps Def stance

Xalek 372 dps Off Mode

Xalek 356 dps Def stance

Just rough numbers and I am sure they won't mean anything to anyone, but if anyone was curious to see the anecdotal evidence of other people, there ya go.

So, over a 3-4 (approx) minute fight, Exsan mode is superior to Perf mode.

Sorry for my post not being about Ashara but Jaesa is basically SW's equivalent of Ashara.

That said, with Jaesa being squishy but my favourite companion at the same time, I tried and maximize her dps output. I don't have any numbers to back it up but her damage skyrocketed after I switched off everything that's not based on weapon damage and switched on Perforation. Other attacks are simply gimping their dps as they both have strong autoattack. Turn off aoe smash, bleed and any other elemental damage attack and you will see that autoattack along with weapon damage specials, really make a difference with Perforation.

tl;dr - try switching off unnecessary attacks before actually testing which stance is superior

Edited by gibmachine

Why would you turn off attacks that ignore armor and are not mitigated to do more attacks that are mitigated by armor.

1000 damage, mitigated by armor of 30% (just threw that out there, no idea what armor is on mobs), 700 damage, with perf stance you gain like 100 damage for a total of 800. You are loosing 200 damage to mitigation, even with perf stance on.

Or a force attack that does 500, and isn't mitigated at all and a bleed that ticks for 300 a pop for 3 ticks.

So you can do 800 or 1400.

Nah, I think I will leave the elemental attacks and internal damage attacks on.

Exsanguination, by your numbers (I dont have a 50 sorc yet so I'm just going off of what you've posted) - 300 damage over 6 seconds - ends up being a constant 50 damage per second increase.

Most enemies you fight when soloing have roughly 15-20% damage reduction from armor rating. Reducing the target's armor by 15% (or bypassing 15%, for her attacks) means a decrease of approximately 3% damage reduction.

In order for perforation to equal exsanguination's damage output, Ashara will need to be dishing out a steady 1700~ damage per second through her normal attacks.

Since we dont have DPS meters or parsers, you can only try your best to estimate what her damage output is normally, with both stances turned off. If she's doing more than 1700 DPS, you're better off using perforation in most cases. If she's doing less than that, go with exsanguination.

Repost from my own thread last week:

I took a specific mob, with 125kish health and tested out each of my viable dps companions. I tried to get their mods as close to each other as I could.

Dps pets:

Ashara 577 dps Exsan mode

Ashara 522 dps Perf mode

Revel 505 dps Sniper mode

Khem 400 dps in Offense mode

Khem 356 dps Def stance

Xalek 372 dps Off Mode

Xalek 356 dps Def stance

Just rough numbers and I am sure they won't mean anything to anyone, but if anyone was curious to see the anecdotal evidence of other people, there ya go.

So, over a 3-4 (approx) minute fight, Exsan mode is superior to Perf mode.

Thanks for posting this. I can say subjectively that Revel is my go to guy. Even though he's slightly lower in raw dps I believe Revel switches targets quicker and takes less overall damage. Ashara looks cooler but I'm healing her more. Revel and I have synergy as a sorcerer. I can put out more damage.

Edited by Ochad

• 1 year later...

All Skills----Exanguination----Perforation

---------------------DPS---------------DPS

Fight 1---------265.579----------193.441

Fight 2---------257.064---------- 202.32

Fight 3---------250.008---------- 200.308

Fight 4---------232.357---------- 212.433

Fight 5---------267.108---------- 202.886

Fight 6---------257.813---------- 216.826

Average-------254.988-----------204.702

Ashara DPS difference per stance (LVL 39 - Basic Gear - All Skills enabled)

Fights were performed on six different strong monsters.The same monster was used (once re-spawned) for fight one Exanguination as fight one perforation, and so on through fight six.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.