The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I really wish Jaesa was a Sorc healer

Lynchpin-Redux

So I could justify using that little naughty hottie over Quinn 100% of the time :(

In beta they talked about purchasble kits that would allow any of your companions to tank, heal or dps so you could choose the one you really wanted to play with.

Really hope they bring that back :<

I went immortal tree and used no other companion but jaesa for the rest of the game.....

the philosophy was, we kill it before I die.... worked 90% of the time..... last boss ***** me though had to get outside help.

protip: make sure her gear is always as good as you can afford!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went immortal tree and used no other companion but jaesa for the rest of the game.....

the philosophy was, we kill it before I die.... worked 90% of the time..... last boss ***** me though had to get outside help.

protip: make sure her gear is always as good as you can afford!

Running without a healer absolutely works. Hell, I run as dps + dps and I have 0 problems. But the issue here is that a healer companion is inherently suited for warrior type and our only healer companion is.. well.. not very likeable from story perspective.

I got sick of Quinns stupid face.

I decked him out in Moddable bounty hunter gear.

Ripped out the +AIM mods and replace them all with cunning.

Now atleast he looks like a bad ***, if only he'd keep his trap shut.

Except bounty hunter gear is all heavy armor and quinn can't use heavy armor...

Caught ya! :p

Agree 100%, Jaesa should be mhealer and Broonmark mdps. It's really not cool or good game design that a mdps/tank class (us) has the same 5 companion roles as a rdps/healer class (IA). It's obvious our companion utility needs are going to be different than theirs so why shoehorn our companions?

Imo we should have gotten rdps, mdps, rtank, rhealer, and mhealer, every other companion role has melee and ranged flavors except healing. A melee healer Jaesa could be done with only a few changes: 1) consolidate her armor pen and bonus damage modes into one, 2) rejiggle her dps abilities accordingly, 3) give her 2 shield abilities on the same cd, a single target shield that absorbs a high amount plus a shield targets her and someone else that absorbes a moderately high amount, and an instant cast moderate heal with a heal over time, and 4) a heal mode that causes her shields to heal the target for extra health. It's kind of obvious the devs don't want our class to have 2 ranged healing companions, but I think a melee healer would really work and be unique from Quinn (who I absolutely hate).

If you look at the other classes, it seems everyone has the same five types of companions. Melee DPS, ranged DPS, melee tank, ranged DPS and healer. None of these seem to be a sorc/sage.

Only thing I can think of is that they couldn't figure out how to work their AoE's as the sorc/sage aoe healing/damage are both targeted effects. IMO could easily be worked as a "chain lightning" effect. Or even better remove the AoE heal, just give the 3 second heal and two dots. Then the rest dps. Could even give their healing/dps "stance" an effect change for some of the abilities to heal or damage like how the BH can change his normal shots to heals instead.

Maybe one day we'll see this. The game still has a lot to grow on.

I totally agree that Jaesa should have been a melee healer, the fact that the most unique companion you get is totally useless sucks. I was playing a carnage maurader but i decided to go with annihilation so i would have SOME way to heal. My friend has an immortal juggernaut and he uses quinn so he finds it hysterical at how hard it is for me to level right now.

Well, I'm a dps warrior, got to Voss, hate all the silver kitties that just rip my sorry med armor geared self to bits, then get to the cave for the Bone neck, two silver guards who have repeatedly wrecked me before I get one to 50%.

Am using Jaesa, putting us both on one, maybe to kill one, then come back for the second, but the two are brutal. From what I'm reading, Pierce and the Talz probably won't help, and I don't think Quinn could keep me healed fast enough. I know from healing Khem on the Inq that when there's 2 silvers attacking, healing is a pain.

Have even tried to blow ever defensive cd up front as well.

Got tired of looking at the repair bills, and am probably just going to eventually level to 50, then come back for the class quests. But for now, just giving up the game as a night of deaths was too darn depressing to come back to.

Devs should have let the warrior go heavy armor in both specs. The warrior reminds me so much of my fury in wow but a lot more squishy. We have no healing, moderate defensive cds that reduce the damage by a small amount and for a smaller time span. Its all about damage output to kill before we're killed. Guildies keep telling me I should have gone tank spec, but its too late now.

Again, am taking time off from this game. Was already put off by the Sniper being continually knocked out of cover, then getting its head handed to it. Now, my warrior is being demolished.

.. and yes, I'm very geared. Got all modable armor, and being a Cyber (with my Inq being an Artifice for the other slot), keep all my gear up to date at each level.

.. and actually, Jaesa is kick *** as a dps if you assign her targets as you go in.

Edited by MissBegotten

• 2 months later...
Now that there aren't any plans to make companions more interchangeable, this really needs a bump. I hate Quinn, Jaesa got a new armor skill last patch, and we don't need both Pierce and Broonmark as tanks. Make Jaesa a melee healer already! Every other class gets choices for their commonly used companion roles :(

So I could justify using that little naughty hottie over Quinn 100% of the time :(

In beta they talked about purchasble kits that would allow any of your companions to tank, heal or dps so you could choose the one you really wanted to play with.

Really hope they bring that back :<

Never write anything on tor forum before, first time i see that i have to signed for this

Completed 9o% of the story using Jaesa after I got her. Figured out what situations I needed to switch characters, mainly Quinn, but would switch back right after. Like previous post, maxed out Crit and would take down foes first. Learned when to switch aggro and prolong the fight. Did need to get help on the final boss but other than that was all Jaesa. Not to mention that she's one hot piece of Sith.

I support this, but would go further and wouldn't mind if Vette had a healing option as well. She was my comp of choice all the way to 50. I still use her in my dailies (I'm veng spec), and she is well geared. But if she was comparably geared as a healer, I would be so much happier.

BTW, I won't let Quinn off the ship. Ever. For any reason. Unless they allow us to kill of comps. :csw_deathstar:

/signed !!!!

OMG signed. I have no clue why they had to give so many SC's a SINGLE healing companion...and make them all guys.

Bounty hunters and Troopers get female healing companions.

And crafting droids heal, they just have no damage abilities, and a tendency to run into melee when heals are on cooldown. Really need a blaster for these guys.