New PVP Abuse Incoming

lendaugy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If 5 or 6 votes are needed, what abuse? Premades won't kick anyone alone and even if they could, why would they kick someone who is participating?

Some people must had it tough in childhood, seeing everything as potential abuse now.

Because the truth is.. If it CAN be.. it WILL be. If you don't believe this, you are new to the internet.

Pretty much this. Remember when WoW did this for their dungeon finder? It was abused so hard, they changed it from needing 3 votes to 4 votes to kick someone out. People will abuse any system in place.

World PvP? LOL, you know what command is being abused right now. If you don't know don't worry about it. If you do know then you know how it's being abused.

What so they can get someone worse? Most times it is best to play the hand you are dealt. I would hope that abuses to this mechanism would be handled appropriately by BW.

POTBS implemented something similar like this in game and people said that people would abuse it. Only one time can I recall someone getting ganged up on and the guy ended being autistic or something.

Good players have nothing to worry about here.

Remember how well the Wow dungeon finder vote kick system worked?

Your loading the zone, group asks a question... your getting a glass of water, you dont respond... they vote kick you..

You have 3 hps less than the standard tanks "required" hp amount.. you get vote kicked...

They are bored and dont care... they vote kick you....

Your a class they dont like.... they vote kicked you

You have a name they dont care for.... they vote kick you..

Yea i can see this system Not being abused........

/end sarcasm

Edited by lendaugy

The blog post qualified it by saying we will be able to vote kick idlers, not anyone. That implies that there will be a safeguard in place to make sure the person being kicked is actually not participating.

Time will tell if the developers will actually be able to make that happen, but that is what they just said so it's not unfair for us to expect it.

And yes, I know I'm being very optimistic and giving them wayyyyyy too much credit here, but I just call it like I see it, McMahon. (props to you if you get that reference)

Edited by YanksfanJP

The blog post qualified it by saying we will be able to vote kick idlers, not anyone. That implies that there will be a safeguard in place to make sure the person being kicked is actually not participating.

Time will tell if the developers will actually be able to make that happen, but that is what they just said so it's not unfair for us to expect it.

So if i press auto run, place an object on my A key... i cant get vote kicked?

If you pissed 6 people off in a Warzone, they had a good reason to boot you.

Think about it. The only way you're going to get booted is if you rub over half your team the wrong way.

That's a legitimate reason to get booted, even if you're participating.

Think about it. The only way you're going to get booted is if you rub over half your team the wrong way.

Do you really think people aren't just going to look at someone's health and see it's under 12k and just auto-boot before the warzone even starts, if given the power and opportunity to do so? There need to be safeguards against that.

Do you really think people aren't just going to look at someone's health and see it's under 12k and just auto-boot before the warzone even starts, if given the power and opportunity to do so? There need to be safeguards against that.

Considering you can buy purple gear on the AH and push your HP to close to 12k before even setting foot in a Warzone, I really don't see much of a problem in booting undergeared people.

My desire to win overrides my desire not to hurt your feelings.

Considering you can buy purple gear on the AH and push your HP to close to 12k before even setting foot in a Warzone, I really don't see much of a problem in booting undergeared people.

Who has money to purchase purple over priced gear on the AH after spending 330K+ on speeder training Alone? not to mention level 50 skills

See thats abuse of the system right there, its supposed to be used for AFK people. not under-gear people, thank you for proving my point that this system will be abused.

But there are lots of people who desire to hurt other people's feelings. Look at Call of Duty for example. Lot's of people who wall hack and aimbot (played a match this morning with one in it). They have a desire to win and hurt people's feelings at the same time.

But there are lots of people who desire to hurt other people's feelings. Look at Call of Duty for example. Lot's of people who wall hack and aimbot (played a match this morning with one in it). They have a desire to win and hurt people's feelings at the same time.

And in a WZ of 8 people, you're never going to get 6 who are all that type of person.

Aimbotters are a very low percentage of any community.

And herein lies the problem. The developers don't put your desire to win above other people's desire to not be treated poorly. Your point of view is skewed towards your benefit (and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that), but the developers do not and should not share that view. They need to make a game that is an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Who has money to purchase purple over priced gear on the AH after spending 330K+ on speeder training Alone? not to mention level 50 skills

The real question is what idiot buys 330k worth of speeder training?

And in a WZ of 8 people, you're never going to get 6 who are all that type of person.

You give people way too much credit.

Edited by YanksfanJP